Register  Login  Active Topics  Maps  

Panglot and Panglotism: new type of polyg

 Language Learning Forum : Polyglots Post Reply
67 messages over 9 pages: 1 2 3 4 57 ... 6 ... 8 9 Next >>
futurianus
Senior Member
Korea, South
starlightonclou
Joined 3193 days ago

125 posts - 234 votes 
Speaks: Korean*

 
 Message 41 of 67
08 December 2011 at 10:03am | IP Logged 

Definitions of Terminologies Related to Panglotism: Addition



Globalglotter: One who is treading the path of globalglotism. One may or may not be a globalglot.

Panglotter: One who is treading the path of panglotism. One may or may not be a panglot.


-------
"He is a serious panglotter who wants to become a panglot."

"She is a great panglot. As an advanced panglotter, she has been quite fascinated with and learning Uzebek and Russian for the last five months."

"As a panglotter of many years, he has finally become a globalglot and is now seriously considering to keep on progressing further to become a panglot."




1 person has voted this message useful



futurianus
Senior Member
Korea, South
starlightonclou
Joined 3193 days ago

125 posts - 234 votes 
Speaks: Korean*

 
 Message 42 of 67
09 December 2011 at 10:20am | IP Logged 
Superlanguage of Earthman, PLANETARIANESE


The panglotter has come to realize through his exposures to and experiences with varieties of human languages and people groups that it is possible to approach all languages as different aspects of one gigantic human language system and to set a goal to learn that one super-human language as just one language.

Thus, he is trying to learn just one virtual language in actuality, Planetarianese or the Superlanguage of Earthman, even though this will take the form of learning seemingly independent and different individual languages.





A planetarian's dream to grow up in Planetarianese for our future destiny.




Edited by futurianus on 09 December 2011 at 10:47am

1 person has voted this message useful



futurianus
Senior Member
Korea, South
starlightonclou
Joined 3193 days ago

125 posts - 234 votes 
Speaks: Korean*

 
 Message 43 of 67
09 December 2011 at 10:22am | IP Logged 
Crucial Corollary Concept in Panglotism #2: Vocabulary Transference


At this time, let me mention another very important aspect that has a great significance for panglotism and prepare further for narrating the third phase of alien's language acquisition: vocabulary transference.

As Panglotism is an approach that is looking at major languages of the world as just some aspects of one super-language system, one gigantic language of humanity, it is especially sensitive to and seeks to understand the interrelationship among different branches of it.

One important link among the blocks of regional or related languages is vocabulary transference. Unlike the concept of mutual intelligibilty, this concept has not been receiving much attention. Nevertheless this is what is at the core of different groupings of languages for the purpose of translingualism. It is a little different approach to grouping languages than traditional classifications, but has better practical utility for panglotism and language acquisition.


A great percentage of the vocabulary makeup of a language 'F'(V-F) might be composed of local vacabulary(v-F) plus imported vocabularies from different languages 'A', 'B', and 'C', which are respectively v-A, v-B and v-C.
Thus,
V-F = v-F + v-A + v-B + v-C

Now it might be that the percentage breakup of the amount of them might be as belows:
V-F(100%) = v-F(20%) + v-A(50%) + v-B(20%) + v-C(10%)

Thus if one has a good grasp of languages A, B and C, one might easily acquire a working ability in language F in a reasonably short time during which he learns the structures and local vocabularies of F.

Now the concept of vocabulary transference is crucial for translingualism , because about 90% of learning a language is that of learning the vocabulary of that language and because it allows the panglotter to plan a systematic strategy in mastering Planetarianese.

After laying the basis in a new language, the hard work that is awaiting for one to advance to the intermediate level and then on to the advanced level is mostly that of increasing one's vocabulary of that language. Thus, it is often impossible to advance to a higher level in a new language, unless one spends much time 'reading' in visual and audio formats in that language to expose oneself to and become familiarized with many of its words and expressions.

This is a very simple concept, but an extremely powerful concept that has much ramifications and significances for globalized and panglottic approach to languages.




Edited by futurianus on 09 December 2011 at 2:35pm

1 person has voted this message useful



futurianus
Senior Member
Korea, South
starlightonclou
Joined 3193 days ago

125 posts - 234 votes 
Speaks: Korean*

 
 Message 44 of 67
09 December 2011 at 10:23am | IP Logged 
Panglottic Chat(2011.12.09):



"Why?"--->"Why not?"------------------------------------------->"Why not!"






Edited by futurianus on 09 December 2011 at 1:56pm

1 person has voted this message useful



Volte
Tetraglot
Senior Member
Switzerland
Joined 4623 days ago

4474 posts - 6724 votes 
Speaks: English*, Esperanto, German, Italian
Studies: French, Finnish, Mandarin, Japanese

 
 Message 45 of 67
09 December 2011 at 12:29pm | IP Logged 
futurianus wrote:
Crucial Corollary Concept in Panglotism #2: Vocabulary Transference


At this time, let me mention another very important aspect that has a great significance for panglotism and prepare further for narrating the third phase of alien's language acquisition: vocabulary transference.

As Panglotism is an approach that is looking at major languages of the world as just some aspects of one super-language system, one gigantic language of humanity, it is especially sensitive to and seeks to understand the interrelationship among different branches of it.

One important link among the blocks of regional or related languages is vocabulary transference. Unlike the concept of mutual intelligibilty, this concept has not been receiving much attention. Nevertheless this is what is at the core of different groupings of languages for the purpose of translingualism. It is a little different approach to grouping languages than traditional classifications, but has better practical utility for panglotism and language acquisition.


A great percentage of the vocabulary makeup of a language 'F'(V-F) might be composed of local vacabulary(v-F) plus imported vocabularies from different languages 'A', 'B', and 'C', which are respectively v-A, v-B and v-C.
Thus,
V-F = v-F + v-A + v-B + v-C

Now it might be that the percentage breakup of the amount of them might be as belows:
V-F(100%) = v-F(20%) + v-A(50%) + v-B(20%) + v-C(10%)

Thus if one has a good grasp of languages A, B and C, one might easily acquire a working ability in language F in a reasonably short time during which he learns the structures and local vocabularies of F.

Now the concept of vocabulary transference is crucial for translingualism , because about 90% of learning a language is that of learning the vocabulary of that language and because it allows the panglotter to plan a systematic strategy in mastering Planetarianese.

After laying the basis in a new language, the hard work that is awaiting for one to advance to the intermediate level and then on to the advanced level is mostly that of increasing one's vocabulary of that language. Thus, it is often impossible to advance to a higher level in a new language, unless one spends much time 'reading' in visual and audio formats in that language to expose oneself to and become familiarized with many of its words and expressions.

This is a very simple concept, but an extremely powerful concept that has much ramifications and significances for globalized and panglottic approach to languages.




I don't think it's an ignored concept. Plenty of wikipedia pages about languages show what percentage of their vocabulary comes from various language families, and people have been studying sprachbunds for a long time.

Look at this information for Hungarian, for example.
1 person has voted this message useful



futurianus
Senior Member
Korea, South
starlightonclou
Joined 3193 days ago

125 posts - 234 votes 
Speaks: Korean*

 
 Message 46 of 67
09 December 2011 at 2:34pm | IP Logged 
Volte wrote:
futurianus wrote:
Crucial Corollary Concept in Panglotism #2: Vocabulary Transference


At this time, let me mention another very important aspect that has a great significance for panglotism and prepare further for narrating the third phase of alien's language acquisition: vocabulary transference.

As Panglotism is an approach that is looking at major languages of the world as just some aspects of one super-language system, one gigantic language of humanity, it is especially sensitive to and seeks to understand the interrelationship among different branches of it.

One important link among the blocks of regional or related languages is vocabulary transference. Unlike the concept of mutual intelligibilty, this concept has not been receiving much attention. Nevertheless this is what is at the core of different groupings of languages for the purpose of translingualism. It is a little different approach to grouping languages than traditional classifications, but has better practical utility for panglotism and language acquisition.


A great percentage of the vocabulary makeup of a language 'F'(V-F) might be composed of local vacabulary(v-F) plus imported vocabularies from different languages 'A', 'B', and 'C', which are respectively v-A, v-B and v-C.
Thus,
V-F = v-F + v-A + v-B + v-C

Now it might be that the percentage breakup of the amount of them might be as belows:
V-F(100%) = v-F(20%) + v-A(50%) + v-B(20%) + v-C(10%)

Thus if one has a good grasp of languages A, B and C, one might easily acquire a working ability in language F in a reasonably short time during which he learns the structures and local vocabularies of F.

Now the concept of vocabulary transference is crucial for translingualism , because about 90% of learning a language is that of learning the vocabulary of that language and because it allows the panglotter to plan a systematic strategy in mastering Planetarianese.

After laying the basis in a new language, the hard work that is awaiting for one to advance to the intermediate level and then on to the advanced level is mostly that of increasing one's vocabulary of that language. Thus, it is often impossible to advance to a higher level in a new language, unless one spends much time 'reading' in visual and audio formats in that language to expose oneself to and become familiarized with many of its words and expressions.

This is a very simple concept, but an extremely powerful concept that has much ramifications and significances for globalized and panglottic approach to languages.




I don't think it's an ignored concept. Plenty of wikipedia pages about languages show what percentage of their vocabulary comes from various language families, and people have been studying sprachbunds for a long time.

Look at this information for Hungarian, for example.



Volte, I appreciate your input.

I was talking more about laity's attention to the issue(my own private impression and evaluation), but I checked your link site and did some search on Sprachbund and found them to be quite interesting and informing. Indeed, our scientists of languages have been busy and did not leave any stone unturned.



Edited by futurianus on 09 December 2011 at 2:40pm

1 person has voted this message useful



Ari
Heptaglot
Senior Member
Norway
Joined 4766 days ago

2314 posts - 5695 votes 
Speaks: Swedish*, English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Mandarin, Cantonese
Studies: Czech, Latin, German

 
 Message 47 of 67
09 December 2011 at 3:01pm | IP Logged 
This thread started out pretty interesting but now it's just weird. I'm interested in using polyglottery as a vehicle to achieving a more global perspective on human culture, but these latest posts just look confusing and unhelpful to me.
6 persons have voted this message useful



lichtrausch
Triglot
Senior Member
United States
Joined 4144 days ago

525 posts - 1071 votes 
Speaks: English*, German, Japanese
Studies: Korean, Mandarin

 
 Message 48 of 67
09 December 2011 at 6:48pm | IP Logged 
Ari wrote:
This thread started out pretty interesting but now it's just weird. I'm interested in using polyglottery as a vehicle to achieving a more global perspective on human culture, but these latest posts just look confusing and unhelpful to me.

Same.

The topic demands more discussion, but not in this muddled way.


1 person has voted this message useful



This discussion contains 67 messages over 9 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 57 8 9  Next >>


Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version

You cannot post new topics in this forum - You cannot reply to topics in this forum - You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum - You cannot create polls in this forum - You cannot vote in polls in this forum


This page was generated in 0.3750 seconds.


DHTML Menu By Milonic JavaScript
Copyright 2019 FX Micheloud - All rights reserved
No part of this website may be copied by any means without my written authorization.