microsnout.wordpress
Joined 5272 days ago

277 posts - 553 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: French

Message 81 of 138
28 February 2012 at 2:58am | IP Logged 
I am still here - full immersion mode.

Je me suis bien installé au centre-ville de Montréal.

Yup, should update log more often.

1 person has voted this message useful

Lianne
Canada
thetoweringpile.blog
Joined 4916 days ago

284 posts - 410 votes 
Studies: Esperanto, Toki Pona, German, French

Message 82 of 138
28 February 2012 at 5:16am | IP Logged 
I'm still here! My log is normally updated weekly, but I've been a bit burned out from the 6WC challenge for the past couple of weeks so I haven't been around as much. :( I love those challenges for the first week or so, and then I fail miserably.

pesahson
Diglot
Poland
Joined 5529 days ago

448 posts - 840 votes 
Speaks: Polish*, English
Studies: French, Portuguese, Norwegian

Message 83 of 138
28 February 2012 at 7:25am | IP Logged 
I'm around also. I can't make myself to update the blog (sorry!) but I'm enjoying the 6 Week Challenge. I'd like to keep my position on the challenge chart until the end of it. The first ten is out of my reach I'm afraid. Some people really log in the hours!

Edited by pesahson on 28 February 2012 at 7:25am

Mani
Diglot
Germany
imsprachendickicht.b
Joined 4706 days ago

258 posts - 323 votes 
Speaks: German*, English
Studies: French, Swedish, Portuguese, Latin, Welsh, Luxembourgish

Message 84 of 138
28 February 2012 at 8:18am | IP Logged 
I'm still around, too. I usually only update every 2 to 4 weeks, because else I don't know what to write, so don't expect too much from me ;-)
I'm juggling 4 languages at the moment and enjoying each one of them. Actually adding the forth one (= Armenian) gave me a boost for French as I'm using the Assimil - L'Arménien sans peine.
Luxembourg still is language learner's heaven! Yesterday I spoke German, French, English and a little Luxembourgish and heard Portuguese, Arabic, Russian and Chinese (don't know which Chinese language) and I've only been to two places, my job and the school were my evening class takes place. Love it here!
2 persons have voted this message useful

anamsc
Triglot
Andorra
Joined 6004 days ago

296 posts - 382 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish, Catalan
Studies: Arabic (Levantine), Arabic (Written), French

Message 85 of 138
28 February 2012 at 2:40pm | IP Logged 
I'm still here and studying! And of course, I'm also in "immersion mode" here in Andorra :).

blackdahlia
Pro Member
United States
Joined 4530 days ago

64 posts - 66 votes 
Studies: German, French
Personal Language Map

Message 86 of 138
28 February 2012 at 4:44pm | IP Logged 
I'm here and plugging along. I'm actually amazed I've been as consistent as I've been. I haven't done any German aside from the first Pimsleur lesson, but that's ok, my focus is really about French in any case.

Lianne wrote:
I'm still here! My log is normally updated weekly, but I've been a bit burned out from the 6WC challenge for the past couple of weeks so I haven't been around as much. :( I love those challenges for the first week or so, and then I fail miserably.

How much time have you been putting in?

I havent burnt out (altho updating that tracker gets old, lol) but that's b/c I havent been doing much but my regular routine. I imagine if I was goig hard like some of the participants, I'd be burnt out too. I'm amazed at some of the time that people put in and I just wonder 'how is that possible?'

songlines
Pro Member
Canada
flickr.com/photos/cp
Joined 5010 days ago

729 posts - 1056 votes 
Studies: French
Personal Language Map

Message 87 of 138
29 February 2012 at 6:19am | IP Logged 
My updates seem to have fallen to fortnightly frequency. Have at least been tweeting, thanks to the 6WC Challenge.

But I should try to post at least weekly: It should actually be easier, in a sense, because then I can just pop in
to jot down some new vocab learnt; or mention a new film I've seen, or a book I've discovered - all as I discover
them. I won't have to check my notes to make sure I have the titles correct (the books/ films will be right in front of
me) - it'll be less of a "production". More casual, perhaps.

Besides, I like reading those of your blogs which get updated weekly; seems a little selfish not to reciprocate.

Edited by songlines on 29 February 2012 at 6:31am

Kerrie
United States
justpaste.it/Kerrie2
Joined 5196 days ago

1232 posts - 1740 votes 
Studies: Spanish

Message 88 of 138
29 February 2012 at 11:20am | IP Logged 
I wasn't complaining about people not updating, I just wondered how many people were still around. (And I apologize to all you 6WCers, but I don't have/follow the Twitter thing.)

We have a bunch of people who look like they never even got started, so I was curious how many of them are still around.

Thank you all for the recent updates, though. It's nice to see everyone's progress over the past few weeks. =)

This discussion contains 138 messages over 18 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version