United States
justpaste.it/Kerrie2
Joined 5196 days ago

1232 posts - 1740 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Spanish

Message 57 of 138
25 January 2012 at 12:48am | IP Logged 
I was thinking about that, Kanewai. Maybe we have a few people who'd want to be like team leaders and break into smaller groups? I plan to follow everyone, but there would be less need to be as active on everyone's logs. Does that make sense?

I think it would be good to have one or two more experienced members with a few of the newer folks. And of course, if/when some people disappear, we can always consolidate back into a bigger group.
1 person has voted this message useful

Quabazaa
Tetraglot
United States
Joined 5410 days ago

414 posts - 543 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish, German, French
Studies: Japanese, Korean, Maori, Scottish Gaelic, Arabic (Levantine), Arabic (Egyptian), Arabic (Written)

Message 58 of 138
25 January 2012 at 4:38am | IP Logged 
Personally I like the idea of a bigger group. It's useful to see what other people are
doing, even in other Romance languages. Hopefully people will look at the logs which
interest them and comment on each other's. Some people aren't all that active yet either
and may never be.

By the way how is everyone going so far? I realised I am really lacking French material,
especially recommendations for books or TV series so if anyone has any please let me know
:)

Edited by Quabazaa on 25 January 2012 at 8:51am

dearwanderlust
United States
youtube.com/dearwandRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5072 days ago

38 posts - 39 votes
Studies: Spanish, French

Message 59 of 138
25 January 2012 at 5:50am | IP Logged 
Quabazaa wrote:
Personally I like the idea of a bigger group. It's useful to see what
other people are
doing, even in other Romance languages. Hopefully people will look at the logs which
interest them and comment on each other's. Some people aren't all that active yet
either
and may never be.

By the way how is everyone going so far? I realised I am really lacking French
material,
especially recommendations for books or series so if anyone has any please let me know
:)

I like the idea of a bigger group too. Seems like it would offer an opportunity for
more support and "cushion" for when some people eventually decide to become inactive.

So far I'm getting my study schedule fine tuned. Planning is essential for me so I'm
trying to make language learning a habit. I love French but I'm focusing on Spanish for
awhile since it will be my L2 and I'm not quite intermediate yet. I look forward to
studying French though!

Also, does anyone know how I can go about getting added to the Romantics team roster?

Quabazaa
Tetraglot
United States
Joined 5410 days ago

414 posts - 543 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish, German, French
Studies: Japanese, Korean, Maori, Scottish Gaelic, Arabic (Levantine), Arabic (Egyptian), Arabic (Written)

Message 60 of 138
25 January 2012 at 8:58am | IP Logged 
dearwanderlust wrote:

Also, does anyone know how I can go about getting added to the Romantics team roster?

All you have to do is post a link to your log here and eventually when Mani has time you
will be added to the first post :) (Thank you Mani!)

Mani
Diglot
Germany
imsprachendickicht.b
Joined 4706 days ago

258 posts - 323 votes 
Speaks: German*, English
Studies: French, Swedish, Portuguese, Latin, Welsh, Luxembourgish

Message 61 of 138
25 January 2012 at 10:40am | IP Logged 
Dear dearwanderlust, you're now on the team's list. :-) Welcome.

I also like the idea of a big team (we're 21 now, btw), some of us are more active in updating their log (or in general) than others (which includes more or less chaotic me). I enjoy reading your logs and watch your progress. I often don't know what to write about my language learning even if I try to update every fortnight (I love this word unfortunately we don't have a own word for this period of time in German.) which usually turns out to be an update every fortnight to month. So maybe I can learn from your methods of learning as well as from you writing your logs how to be more efficient in learning and writing. Plus it's nice to meet some people that like learning languages, too.

@Quabazaa: What kind of books are you looking for? For thrillers I like Jean-Christophe Grangé. I've read Les Rivières pourpres, L'Empire des loups and La Ligne noire in German translation and have L'Empire des loups and La Forêt des Mânes in original waiting for me. I like the way he writes (at least in translation though the few pages I read from La Forêt des Mânes in French told me I like his style in original too, but it's still a bit above my abilities, so I skipped reading it and saved it for later) but it's sometimes close to the bone.

Edit: Quabazaa, you've been a bit faster. :-)

Edited by Mani on 25 January 2012 at 10:41am

dearwanderlust
United States
youtube.com/dearwandRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5072 days ago

38 posts - 39 votes
Studies: Spanish, French

Message 62 of 138
25 January 2012 at 1:05pm | IP Logged 
Thanks, Mani!!! :-)

blackdahlia
Pro Member
United States
Joined 4530 days ago

64 posts - 66 votes 
Studies: German, French
Personal Language Map

Message 63 of 138
25 January 2012 at 4:57pm | IP Logged 
I think this is probably a good size for the group, especially since there is a mix of languages. I try to look at them but I probably will only end up following the french logs in any detail. Although I do like to look and see what others are doing.

Lianne
Canada
thetoweringpile.blog
Joined 4916 days ago

284 posts - 410 votes 
Studies: Esperanto, Toki Pona, German, French

Message 64 of 138
25 January 2012 at 5:29pm | IP Logged 
I agree that the big group is best. I follow everyone's log and it's not hard (I get the emails so I don't have to remember to visit them all). I don't comment as often as I should, but I am reading them!

This discussion contains 138 messages over 18 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 79 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version