TAC 2010 Winner
Sweden
Joined 6167 days ago

397 posts - 508 votes 
Speaks: Swedish*, English
Studies: Russian, Japanese, French

Message 89 of 96
25 August 2012 at 1:26am | IP Logged 
Hey Teango!! Good to see your logs pulsating with energy again :D (and I had some nice laughs while reading your Irish log intro, there's something special with blue moons) I look forward to follow your progress. Oh, and your language choices - Latin, Egyptian and Irish - it's such a perfect combination! Hmm..who knows..maybe this combination is actually the long-sought Linguistic Triforce!? :)

The big move is approaching, right? Hope everything goes smoothly.

Teango wrote:
@Elexi
Listening to "The Princess Royal" on YouTube brings back fond memories of playing the adventure game series "Monkey Island". Aharrr, Sheepgood! :)

Did you play Monkey Island 2? I think this is one of my favourite Monkey Island songs: Jojo The Monkey. It's so brilliant how the monkey is struggling to match the tempo of the metronome! :D :D Ohh. Now I got all nostalgic.... ^^
1 person has voted this message useful

Teango
Triglot
Winner TAC 2010 & 2012
United States
teango.wordpress.comRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5366 days ago

2210 posts - 3734 votes 
Speaks: English*, German, Russian
Studies: Hawaiian, French, Toki Pona

Message 90 of 96
25 August 2012 at 2:25am | IP Logged 
@Medialis
Did I ever play Monkey Island 2? You bet your bottom barrel of grog I did!! I've played them all several times, including Tales of Monkey Island too...truth is...I wanna be a pirate! o.O

PS Murray sends his regards. Mwahahaa!

Edited by Teango on 25 August 2012 at 2:26am

M. Medialis
Diglot
TAC 2010 Winner
Sweden
Joined 6167 days ago

397 posts - 508 votes 
Speaks: Swedish*, English
Studies: Russian, Japanese, French

Message 91 of 96
06 September 2012 at 7:05pm | IP Logged 
Ha! I'm rubber, you're glue - ye scurvy lubber! Just choose your weapon and we'll sail out on the open waters as the swashbucklers we were born to be!

(I choose the banjo!) ;D

tarvos
Super Polyglot
Winner TAC 2012
China
likeapolyglot.wordpr
Joined 4517 days ago

5310 posts - 9399 votes 
Speaks: Dutch*, English, Swedish, French, Russian, German, Italian, Norwegian, Mandarin, Romanian, Afrikaans
Studies: Greek, Modern Hebrew, Spanish, Portuguese, Czech, Korean, Esperanto, Finnish

Message 92 of 96
01 October 2012 at 2:26pm | IP Logged 
Still alive and hanging on, Teango? (Just doing the rounds among the teammates logs!)

Solfrid Cristin
Heptaglot
Winner TAC 2011 & 2012
Norway
Joined 5144 days ago

4143 posts - 8864 votes 
Speaks: Norwegian*, Spanish, Swedish, French, English, German, Italian
Studies: Russian

Message 93 of 96
07 October 2012 at 5:21pm | IP Logged 
Hi Teango! You must be either overwhelmed by the move, or enjoying Hawaii too much to have time to stop
by. Look forward to hearing from you again bro, the team is not the same without you, you know!

Teango
Triglot
Winner TAC 2010 & 2012
United States
Joined 5366 days ago

2210 posts - 3734 votes 

Message 94 of 96
01 November 2012 at 1:21am | IP Logged 
@Medialis, tarvos, Cristina

I'm alive...I'm alive! Thanks so much for your kind support here, guys. :)

These last couple of months have been fast and furious amidst apartment hunting, coursework, boatloads of bureaucracy, and teaching at the university, and I'm still far from settled in yet.

The weather here, however, more than makes up for the workload, and the best news (when there's not a tsunami heading this way) is that I live right by the ocean now. :)

So with all the recent changes, and after a bit of a hiatus, I've decided to do something quite radical for my Forum homecoming...*ahem, drum roll please*...I'm now focusing all language learning energies (or whatever energy is left over at the end of the working day) on a new project: "10 Languages a Day, 10 Minutes Each" (please see package for details).

It's wildly and naively ambitious, and probably breaks several golden rules of good language learning, but hey, that's half the fun of a good challenge! I'll continue to update my other logs when I hit significant new milestones, or simply want to play around with map images and colourful icons, but the link above will be my new beach HQ for the time being, so that I don't get overwhelmed with too many threads.

Edited by Teango on 01 November 2012 at 1:38am

Solfrid Cristin
Heptaglot
Winner TAC 2011 & 2012
Norway
Joined 5144 days ago

4143 posts - 8864 votes 
Speaks: Norwegian*, Spanish, Swedish, French, English, German, Italian
Studies: Russian

Message 95 of 96
01 November 2012 at 11:38am | IP Logged 
Sooo good to hear from you. I am happy to see that you are well and happy (and would have loved to change
places with you- the first snow is already here). Best of luck with your new project - I am sure it will be a
success!

Teango
Triglot
Winner TAC 2010 & 2012
United States
Joined 5366 days ago

2210 posts - 3734 votes 

Message 96 of 96
13 December 2012 at 4:10am | IP Logged 
Just a quick post (and how unlike me!) to wrap up my log early for the TAC 2012...

The great thing about keeping a language log is that when I feel down over doing little or nothing in the year, I can see just how wrong I am. In 2012, I managed to not only maintain and improve my German, but also levelled up my listening and speaking skills in Russian from A2 to a reasonable mid-level B1, and established a basic foundation on which to build in Irish and Latin (along with a cornerstone helping of Ancient Egyptian).

I spent over 200 hours in total on study, which is less than in previous years, but to be fair, I've also moved to the other side of the world, started a completely new job, and enrolled as a candidate on a PhD in SLA. So 2012 has been quite a year for me!

In 2013, I'd like to continue working on these languages, along with another 6 additional languages, and raise them all up another level. I'm really excited to embark on this adventure with several team members from previous years, and will be focusing especially on Irish and Russian as a member of two TAC teams this time for the challenge.

Thanks for following my adventures this year, or simply dropping by to leave a comment, and I look forward to seeing you again and hearing about your language learning successes and experiences in 2013! I'll continue to post updates in my "10 Minutes a Day" thread for the rest of the year, and have already posted up a new TAC log in preparation for 2013, and to introduce myself to members of the Russian and Celtic teams and any interested fellow travellers.

Edited by Teango on 13 June 2013 at 2:47am

This discussion contains 96 messages over 12 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version