Diglot
Poland
Joined 5525 days ago

448 posts - 840 votes 
Speaks: Polish*, English
Studies: French, Portuguese, Norwegian

Message 81 of 96
16 August 2013 at 1:45pm | IP Logged 
Wow! Congratulations! These are really great results! C1 is an excellent level to achieve. 90 % for writing is impressive.
1 person has voted this message useful

tajosto
Czech Republic
Joined 4454 days ago

54 posts - 64 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Czech

Message 82 of 96
16 August 2013 at 3:41pm | IP Logged 
Congratulations! Thank you for the inspiration. :-)

Chung
Diglot
Joined 6953 days ago

4228 posts - 8259 votes 
20 sounds
Speaks: English*, French
Studies: Polish, Slovak, Uzbek, Turkish, Korean, Finnish

Message 83 of 96
16 August 2013 at 5:24pm | IP Logged 
Blahopřeju! I do admit that I didn't expected any less from you. A bloke living in the Czech Republic married to a holka has got to have something to show for. ;-)

stelingo
Hexaglot
United Kingdom
Joined 5629 days ago

722 posts - 1076 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish, Portuguese, French, German, Italian
Studies: Russian, Czech, Polish, Greek, Mandarin

Message 84 of 96
16 August 2013 at 8:59pm | IP Logged 
Well done! Now you can look forward to the C2 exam. :-}

hribecek
Triglot
Czech Republic
Joined 5146 days ago

1243 posts - 1458 votes 
Speaks: English*, Czech, Spanish
Studies: Italian, Polish, Slovak, Hungarian, Toki Pona, Russian

Message 85 of 96
16 August 2013 at 10:45pm | IP Logged 
Thanks a lot to all of you for the comments! I appreciate it.

@Pesahson - I usually tell people that writing and speaking are my worst skills in
Czech, so very surprised that writing was my best and speaking second.

@Tajosto - Wow, I've never been called that before :) I hope it's true and that you
keep on with your Czech and maybe take on one of the exams.

@Chung - Yes, a great advert for getting a holka for all language geeks. (although mine
generally speaks to me in English)

@stelingo - Unfortunately there is no Czech C2 exam as yet, but I would definitely be
up for trying it if there was one.

hribecek
Triglot
Czech Republic
Joined 5146 days ago

1243 posts - 1458 votes 

Message 86 of 96
06 October 2013 at 4:39pm | IP Logged 
It's been so long since my last update, I don't know how Chung manages to keep posting so often and putting the effort into adding the comic strips too every time.

The main reason for my lack of updates is that I haven't had anything to say, which is still the case.

Polish, Hungarian and Spanish have been going through a barren period in my studies. I've done a few minutes/exercises here and there over the last 6 weeks in all of them but nothing substantial. My main activities in those languages have been a few chats and articles in Spanish, listening to dialogues and chatting to myself in Hungarian and reading a bit from my Polish textbook.

I've been going through a very motivated period in Czech, as I've read 3 novels in the last 6 weeks, spoken as much as possible, watched many films and much more. Progress is very hard to feel in Czech, but I think my speaking is slightly less stuttery. The great thing about reading so much is that random words from my books appear in my head, which I didn't even realise I knew.

I really feel the need for a wanderlust project and would like to start Ukrainian. However, I'm going to wait until Christmas to try to work on my Hungarian before then. I'm aiming to do the November 6 week challenge in Hungarian.

Ok, feels good to have finally written at least something here.
2 persons have voted this message useful

Chung
Diglot
Joined 6953 days ago

4228 posts - 8259 votes 
20 sounds
Speaks: English*, French
Studies: Polish, Slovak, Uzbek, Turkish, Korean, Finnish

Message 87 of 96
06 October 2013 at 9:47pm | IP Logged 
hribecek wrote:
It's been so long since my last update, I don't know how Chung manages to keep posting so often and putting the effort into adding the comic strips too every time.

The main reason for my lack of updates is that I haven't had anything to say, which is still the case.

I do a little at a time and I treat even the act of making an entry as a small form of studying since I need to look for comic strips, read a few before including a worthwhile one, and if necessary consult my dictionary when encountering unfamiliar words or phrases.

It's just a break from real life.

hribecek
Triglot
Czech Republic
Joined 5146 days ago

1243 posts - 1458 votes 

Message 88 of 96
15 November 2013 at 11:14pm | IP Logged 
Update laziness has taken hold of me again, but at least it hasn't been as long as the last gap.

Joining the 6 week challenge has given all of my languages an extra boost this month as I've done at least 30 minutes a day of Hungarian since 1st November and have got back into Toki Pona too and done several hours work on that, as well as my usual heavy reading and film watching in Czech and scatterings of Spanish.

HUNGARIAN

I'll be back writing on the Hungarian forum very soon as I've been studying a lot and writing a fair bit, hopefully Maxval will still be willing to correct me.

TOKI PONA

One of my main motivations for getting back into Toki Pona is the polyglot conference next year in Berlin where there'll be a presentation on the language and some people to practise with. I've also since heard from sprachprofi that the creator herself will be doing the presentation. I have lots of questions for her which I'd love to get the chance to ask her if I'm not too much of a coward and I'd also love to speak to her in Toki Pona. It's a fun language and if there's a case of a language which forces you to change the whole way you think and look at the world then this is it.

I've learned all of the basic vocabulary list again and reviewed all of the grammar. My current process is reviewing the many compound words (although I only want to learn the ones that don't try to force the language to be more normal).

I'm trying to convince my monolingual brother to take it up so that I can talk to him in it. He has a bit of a Buddhist mentality and has always wanted to learn a language but is quite lazy in that way, so I think Toki Pona could be good for him.

OTHER

I feel like I need a change in my life as things are starting to feel a bit too stale here in the Czech Republic. I love it here, but I always promised my self I'd live in at least one more country before I get too set in my ways. Contenders are Italy, Croatia, Montenegro, Spain, Portugal, Slovenia or maybe even a Latin American country. I'll probably end up moving back here again after a few years, but another language and way of life are just what the doctor ordered. Maybe.

2 persons have voted this message useful

This discussion contains 96 messages over 12 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version