Language Learning Forum : Language Learning Log Post Reply
137 messages over 18 pages: << Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 ... 17 18 Next >>
Sprachprofi
Nonaglot
Germany
learnlangs.comRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 6265 days ago

2608 posts - 4866 votes 
Speaks: German*, English, French, Esperanto, Greek, Mandarin, Latin, Dutch, Italian
Studies: Spanish, Arabic (Written), Swahili, Indonesian, Japanese, Modern Hebrew, Portuguese

Message 97 of 137
22 May 2013 at 8:33pm | IP Logged 
There are a lot of Esperanto events coming up over the summer:
http://eventoj.hu/2013.htm . The biggest one is the Universala Kongreso in
Iceland (already almost 1000 sign-ups), and the Internacia Junulara Kongreso in Israel,
the Somera Esperanto Studado in Slovakia and the Internacia Junulara Semajno in Hungary
with 200+ participants each.

I will not have time to attend these, but I'm teaching a weekend Esperanto course next
weekend and I will co-organize the Junulara E-Semajno which is a large event taking
place for one week around New Year's in Poland. I can recommend this event to anyone!

I'm still discussing details of the Berlin polyglot conference with Richard; it will
either be a large 7-day event in English but with many borrowings from Esperanto
culture (I want it to be much like the JES), or a 2 or 3-day event with program in
Esperanto. Either way it will cater to polyglots and there will be lectures on
language-learning, on linguistics, mini-courses of languages and so on. I don't
actually expect the participants to be all that different, other than in quantity,
because some of the most well-known polyglots speak Esperanto and indicated interest in
an Esperanto-based polyglot event.

Edited by Sprachprofi on 22 May 2013 at 8:34pm

1 person has voted this message useful

tarvos
Super Polyglot
Winner TAC 2012
China
likeapolyglot.wordpr
Joined 4502 days ago

5310 posts - 9399 votes 
Speaks: Dutch*, English, Swedish, French, Russian, German, Italian, Norwegian, Mandarin, Romanian, Afrikaans
Studies: Greek, Modern Hebrew, Spanish, Portuguese, Czech, Korean, Esperanto, Finnish

Message 98 of 137
22 May 2013 at 10:32pm | IP Logged 
Oh, that sounds excellent. I will keep the date in my agenda. I don't speak Esperanto at
all but I guess it will work out even for me.

Sprachprofi
Nonaglot
Germany
Joined 6265 days ago

2608 posts - 4866 votes 
Speaks: German*, English, French, Esperanto, Greek, Mandarin, Latin, Dutch, Italian
Studies: Spanish, Arabic (Written), Swahili, Indonesian, Japanese, Modern Hebrew, Portuguese

Message 99 of 137
25 May 2013 at 9:22pm | IP Logged 
Looks like it will be an event with most of the lectures in English. 4 full program days,
exact dates are still being discussed but it looks like April or May 2014. Please join
the Facebook group if you'd like updates:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/133229626870853/

Sprachprofi
Nonaglot
Germany
Joined 6265 days ago

2608 posts - 4866 votes 

Message 100 of 137
28 May 2013 at 7:32pm | IP Logged 
How have your language studies been, Arekkusu?

Arekkusu
Hexaglot
Canada
bit.ly/qc_10_lec
Joined 5176 days ago

3971 posts - 7747 votes 
Speaks: English, French*, GermanC1, Spanish, Japanese, Esperanto
Studies: Italian, Norwegian, Mandarin, Romanian, Estonian

Message 101 of 137
28 May 2013 at 8:16pm | IP Logged 
Sprachprofi wrote:
How have your language studies been, Arekkusu?

Thanks for asking, partner ;)

Life kind of took over lately: a longish period of extreme and incessant overtime followed by a quick trip overseas have left me completely drained, with little strength or motivation for languages...

But, it's slowly coming back: I resumed my Japanese tutoring sessions after a 2/3-month hiatus (glad to see I'm still doing ok), practised a bit of Romanian with a friend (which she qualified as "elegant"; I otherwise enjoy listening to the podcast Sceptici în România), and I've been reading some German (in particular, the philosophy-themed magazine "Hohe Luft" that I've been enjoying).
2 persons have voted this message useful

Arekkusu
Hexaglot
Canada
bit.ly/qc_10_lec
Joined 5176 days ago

3971 posts - 7747 votes 
Speaks: English, French*, GermanC1, Spanish, Japanese, Esperanto
Studies: Italian, Norwegian, Mandarin, Romanian, Estonian

Message 102 of 137
02 June 2013 at 2:01am | IP Logged 
Ich habe ein sehr interessantes Gespräch mit Hannah Arendt gefunden, das ich bisher 2 oder 3 mal zugehört
habe: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsoImQfVsO4

Diese Frau spricht sehr eloquent über ihr Leben und das macht dieses stundenlange Gespräch ein
ausgezeichnetes Beispiel von deutlich gesprochenem Deutsch. Ach, wenn ich nur so eloquent sprechen
könnte...

I would also like to recommend a nice iPhone, iPod, iPad recording app that just came out: Recordium. It
allows for efficient splicing of sound recordings, and you can add links, pictures, searchable notes, etc. Why
not use it to make a recording and email it to your language partner? (Don't tell my partner, I haven't sent her
one yet either...)

Iversen
Super Polyglot
Denmark
berejst.dk
Joined 6498 days ago

9078 posts - 16473 votes 
Speaks: Danish*, French, English, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Dutch, Swedish, Esperanto, Romanian, Catalan
Studies: Afrikaans, Greek, Norwegian, Russian, Serbian, Icelandic, Latin, Irish, Lowland Scots, Indonesian, Polish, Croatian
Personal Language Map

Message 103 of 137
02 June 2013 at 1:33pm | IP Logged 
Sprachprofi wrote:
I'm still discussing details of the Berlin polyglot conference with Richard; it will either be a large 7-day event in English but with many borrowings from Esperanto culture (I want it to be much like the JES), or a 2 or 3-day event with program in Esperanto. Either way it will cater to polyglots and there will be lectures on language-learning, on linguistics, mini-courses of languages and so on.

Either way I would be interested in participating, if possible even actively.

Sprachprofi
Nonaglot
Germany
Joined 6265 days ago

2608 posts - 4866 votes 

Message 104 of 137
02 June 2013 at 5:24pm | IP Logged 
Awesome! Not sure if you're following the Facebook group (official homepage and mailing list are under
construction), but it will be an English event with 4 full days plus the chance to arrive in the evening before /
leave in the morning after. It will probably be at the end of May, there's a poll about the date in the Facebook
group. We'd love to have you give a presentation, Iversen!

Edited by Sprachprofi on 02 June 2013 at 5:25pm

2 persons have voted this message useful

This discussion contains 137 messages over 18 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version