Groupie
United States
Joined 4815 days ago

59 posts - 85 votes 
Speaks: English*, French
Studies: Spanish

Message 145 of 384
01 January 2014 at 10:53pm | IP Logged 
Where will you be starting El Camino De Santiago? I lived in Liège, Belgium for awhile and I loved seeing the
seashells in the streets. I actually really miss that! I have thought for awhile that I'd like to do the trek, starting in
Liège. I have many many things I want to do before this, but I think eventually I will. I'm envious that you're making
it happen this year and I hope you have a wonderful time doing it! And I'm super excited to read about how it goes
and how your Spanish fares too. :)
2 persons have voted this message useful

Kerrie
United States
justpaste.it/Kerrie2
Joined 5189 days ago

1232 posts - 1740 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Spanish

Message 146 of 384
01 January 2014 at 11:26pm | IP Logged 
Stelle wrote:
Warp3 wrote:
Stelle wrote:
Nope, I have all of the seasons on DVD. My DVDs include Spanish dubbing
from season 3 on up.

I have some of that series on DVD as well (I started watching Buffy while it was still airing
(around season 2 I believe) and watched both it and Angel (the spin-off) religiously until they
ended, but never got around to buying all the DVD sets for them). So the Spanish dubbing
only starts on season 3? That's a bit disappointing.

I purchased my DVDs in Canada. The first two seasons have French and English, and the rest have Spanish. If you
bought the DVDs in the States, then maybe Spanish dubbing will start at season one?

Wow, I remember when Buffy was on TV. Was it really that long ago? LOL

I normally purchase DVD box sets from Amazon (France, Italy, or Germany). Look through their "complete" sets and find a few that you like, then keep an eye on them. The prices fluctuate A LOT, and I've gotten good deals on Ghost Whisperer, Medium, Stargate, Star Trek, Harry Potter, Charmed, and The Big Bang Theory. Make sure you are getting the version you want, with the language tracks you want.

I have never watched Buffy. One of these days, when I find myself with extra time on my hands, I might. I really don't want to start something that has seven seasons for me to catch up on - at least not when I am so busy. :)

Cavesa
Triglot
Czech Republic
Joined 4803 days ago

3277 posts - 6779 votes 
Speaks: Czech*, FrenchC2, EnglishC1
Studies: Spanish, German, Italian

Message 147 of 384
02 January 2014 at 12:08am | IP Logged 
It's great to see you continuing your Spanish journey. I wish you all the best, not only in the language related areas, during whole 2014.

Stelle
Bilingual Triglot
Canada
tobefluent.com
Joined 3938 days ago

949 posts - 1686 votes 
Speaks: French*, English*, Spanish
Studies: Tagalog

Message 148 of 384
02 January 2014 at 4:08pm | IP Logged 
LeadZeppelin wrote:
Where will you be starting El Camino De Santiago? I lived in Liège, Belgium for awhile and
I loved seeing the
seashells in the streets. I actually really miss that! I have thought for awhile that I'd like to do the trek, starting in
Liège. I have many many things I want to do before this, but I think eventually I will. I'm envious that you're
making
it happen this year and I hope you have a wonderful time doing it! And I'm super excited to read about how it
goes
and how your Spanish fares too. :)

We'll be starting in Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port, and following the Camino Frances to Santiago. As for making it
happen - my Dad gets full credit for that. I first learned about the Camino 15 years ago, but never really thought
about going until my Dad decided that he was going in 2014. I'm really looking forward to everything: exploring
Spain, using my Spanish, taking on the physical/mental/spiritual challenge, spending a long chunk of time with
my Dad. It was deciding to do the Camino that actually catapulted me into learning Spanish - although Spanish
has now become a life-long language for me.

I think that I'll probably learn a few basic greetings in Basque and Galician before leaving.
1 person has voted this message useful

Stelle
Bilingual Triglot
Canada
tobefluent.com
Joined 3938 days ago

949 posts - 1686 votes 

Message 149 of 384
02 January 2014 at 4:11pm | IP Logged 
Kerrie wrote:

I have never watched Buffy. One of these days, when I find myself with extra time on my hands, I might. I really
don't want to start something that has seven seasons for me to catch up on - at least not when I am so busy. :)

Well worth the time commitment! It really is a great show! I first watched it on TV as a teenager, and then got all of
the box sets as a young adult. I've watched them a few times in English over the years - I love the fact that now,
when I watch Buffy, I'm "studying" Spanish. Ha!

Stelle
Bilingual Triglot
Canada
tobefluent.com
Joined 3938 days ago

949 posts - 1686 votes 

Message 150 of 384
02 January 2014 at 4:11pm | IP Logged 
Cavesa wrote:
It's great to see you continuing your Spanish journey. I wish you all the best, not only in the
language related areas, during whole 2014.

Thank you!

Stelle
Bilingual Triglot
Canada
tobefluent.com
Joined 3938 days ago

949 posts - 1686 votes 

Message 151 of 384
03 January 2014 at 9:01pm | IP Logged 
Nothing new here, but I wrote out my goals in Spanish and posted them to italki for corrections:

italki notebook entry

Tengo una resolución de año nuevo muy importante: ¡mejorar mi español! Para hacerlo, me he marcado unas
metas que se pueden medir fácilmente. En 2014, voy a...

- escribir cien textos cortos. Eso será lo más difícil para mí. La verdad es que no me gusta mucho escribir en
español. Pero sé que es importante.
- mirar cien episodios de televisión en español. Ahora estoy mirando Buffy con doblaje. También estoy mirando
Isabel - ¡una serie fenomenal!
- hablar por Skype con hablantes nativos cien veces
- leer la serie de Harry Potter en español

Es mucho. Lo sé. Pero me encanta el español, y voy a hacer todo lo que puedo para aprender más.

¡Buena suerte a todos en 2014!

Edited by Stelle on 03 January 2014 at 9:02pm

BAnna
Triglot
United States
Joined 4416 days ago

409 posts - 616 votes 
Speaks: English*, German, Spanish
Studies: Russian, Turkish

Message 152 of 384
03 January 2014 at 9:37pm | IP Logged 
Buena suerte en alcanzar tus metas.

This discussion contains 384 messages over 48 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version