Latvia
learnlatvian.info
Joined 6339 days ago

734 posts - 1036 votes 
Speaks: Latvian*, English, German, Russian
Studies: Korean, Finnish

Message 113 of 120
25 July 2014 at 8:03pm | IP Logged 
I haven't checked out the audio for the book but maybe you can sort the files based on their size and eliminate the single words that way? Just an idea.

As for other courses, I think our (team member) favorites are all listed on the first page of this thread, you've probably seen them already. I used Click Korean and I liked it but you can't use it with a pencil and paper. Then there's Talk To Me In Korean, of course, the king of all websites for Korean learners. They have grammar lessons for complete beginners.

If you're looking for some Korean podcasts to listen to in order to get used to the language, you can try the TTMIK's Iyagi series. I started listening to them a few months after starting Korean, and I didn't understand (almost) anything for a long while but it still helped me a lot.
1 person has voted this message useful

The Real CZ
United States
Joined 5436 days ago

1069 posts - 1495 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Japanese, Korean

Message 114 of 120
25 July 2014 at 8:50pm | IP Logged 
Any ideas for an August challenge? We haven't had that many this year since the team
leader isn't even studying Korean at the moment.
2 persons have voted this message useful

Evita
Tetraglot
Latvia
learnlatvian.info
Joined 6339 days ago

734 posts - 1036 votes 

Message 115 of 120
27 July 2014 at 7:24pm | IP Logged 
Here's a suggestion for the August challenge: Write a text describing a Korean person (friend or celebrity) and post the text here. The text has to contain at least 5 grammar points that you learned recently or simply don't know well and need to practice. Make the grammar patterns bold so that we all can spot them.

A special challenge - try incorporating 10 grammar patterns into the text. But no cheating. If you already know the pattern well then it doesn't count.
4 persons have voted this message useful

The Real CZ
United States
Joined 5436 days ago

1069 posts - 1495 votes 
Studies: Japanese, Korean

Message 116 of 120
28 July 2014 at 4:34pm | IP Logged 
I think this is a good idea, mainly because I am really focusing on grammar in the short
term.

Tarko
Korea, South
Joined 4478 days ago

119 posts - 148 votes 
Studies: Korean, French

Message 117 of 120
30 July 2014 at 5:28am | IP Logged 
I'd also be up for the August challenge, but most of my recently learned grammar wouldn't really work when describing a person. I'll give it a try though.

Tarko
Korea, South
Joined 4478 days ago

119 posts - 148 votes 
Studies: Korean, French

Message 118 of 120
31 August 2014 at 11:58am | IP Logged 
I've been busy lately, so I'm going to squeak in under the wire with my submission to the August challenge... which doesn't seem to have gotten off the ground... :(

I used the following grammatical points: -는 셈이다, -듯이, -는 탓에, -고도, -아/어 봤자, and -을 겸. I also got my entry corrected on Lang-8.

내 친구 지훈이 지방에서 온 경영학과 학생인데 여행하는 것을 아주 좋아한다. 내일부터는 지훈의 마지막 학기가 시작하는데 오늘 귀국한다고 한다. 지훈은 살아서 여행을 하는 셈이다. 지훈은 유럽에 여행했는데 돈을 많이 가지고 오지 않아서 물을 쓰듯이 썼다. 스위스에 텐트에서 자야 하는 탓에 경철은 지훈을 잡아서 노숙자 보호에 데리고 갔다. 지훈은 불편한 경험을 하고도 여행하는 것을 진짜 좋아한다. 내가 지훈에게 걱정해 봤자 소용없고 어서 그냥 하자고 한다. 지훈이는 자신이 맛있는 음식도 먹 재미있는 것도 볼 겸 여행한다고 했다. 나도 그 이유 때문에 여행한다.

Edited by Tarko on 31 August 2014 at 12:06pm

2 persons have voted this message useful

Warp3
United States
forum_posts.asp?TID=
Joined 5322 days ago

1419 posts - 1766 votes 
Studies: Spanish, Korean, Japanese

Message 119 of 120
31 August 2014 at 4:17pm | IP Logged 
I still plan to do this challenge as well (I guess today is the final day, so I should hurry), but
my trouble has mainly been figuring out who to write about.

Evita
Tetraglot
Latvia
learnlatvian.info
Joined 6339 days ago

734 posts - 1036 votes 

Message 120 of 120
10 November 2014 at 6:07pm | IP Logged 
I have a question, or more precisely - a problem. A couple of days ago I tried registering on Naver but I couldn't do it. Apparently I have to confirm my mobile phone number by receiving a code and then entering it in the registration form but I never received the code. Has this happened to anyone else? I know that my phone is working correctly because I confirmed my number with Google the same way earlier this year. Any ideas what to do?

This discussion contains 120 messages over 15 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version