Mexico
thepolyglotist.com
Joined 4127 days ago

280 posts - 488 votes 
Speaks: English, Spanish*, Japanese, Italian
Studies: Esperanto, French

Message 89 of 92
03 May 2015 at 5:31am | IP Logged 
Oh jeez, another one-a-month update spell! I have tons to write about, most of them reasons why I've stayed away from the forum, my team and log.

Number one is the most monumental of all. I grew sick of the myself that kept saying "I'll travel someday" and threw it out a figurative window just before buying a plane ticket. On Tuesday, I'll be travelling to Europe for the first time in my life, doing a one month backpacking trip of three countries--the UK, France and Italy, both to actually USE my languages and to meet new, interesting people. In theory I could've decided on other countries to visit, but I'm more set than ever on visiting these three first and only then going elsewhere.

Number two is my blog. After spending two years lovingly tending to it, I've decided to take the next step and start self-hosting. The result is a whole lot of liberty! It's much easier to maintain now. :D I expect this will also result in an improvement in the quality of contents.

Number three is wanderlust. I find it much easier to deal with it now that I have a lot of other things to deal with, but lately I've started feeling somewhat attracted to Mandarin Chinese. Whether that or a second bout with Nahuatl will be my next project remains to be seen.
1 person has voted this message useful

Jeffers
United Kingdom
Joined 4702 days ago

2151 posts - 3960 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Hindi, Ancient Greek, French, Sanskrit, German

Message 90 of 92
03 May 2015 at 11:43am | IP Logged 
Nice to read you monthly report. :P

I hope you really enjoy your upcoming trip! It is a great feeling getting to try out your language skills "in the field". Sometimes you will feel like a failure, other times you will just have a blast. The more you just enjoy yourself, smile and laugh at your mistakes, the better it will go.
2 persons have voted this message useful

Cavesa
Triglot
Czech Republic
Joined 4802 days ago

3277 posts - 6779 votes 
Speaks: Czech*, FrenchC2, EnglishC1
Studies: Spanish, German, Italian

Message 91 of 92
07 May 2015 at 7:59pm | IP Logged 
Those are some great news. I wish you great time in Europe. Your decision to spend more
time in each of the countries instead of just trying to complete a list of many
countries, one or two days each. Especially Italy is worth lots of time. You could keep
visiting Italy for decades and not get bored. UK and France are great as well, of course.

Your blog looks great by the way.

PeterMollenburg
AustraliaRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5269 days ago

821 posts - 1273 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: FrenchB1

Message 92 of 92
25 August 2015 at 4:04am | IP Logged 
Hi Lakeseayesno,

Monsieur le PM ici,

ça va? Beaucoup des membres de notre équipe français préfère maintenant d'utiliser le
site alternatif "how-to-learn-any-language.org" Si tu veux nous rejoindre là-bas, nous
t'attendons !

PM

This discussion contains 92 messages over 12 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version