Mexico
thepolyglotist.com
Joined 4127 days ago

280 posts - 488 votes 
Speaks: English, Spanish*, Japanese, Italian
Studies: Esperanto, French

Message 33 of 92
26 October 2014 at 2:12am | IP Logged 
Ho riuscito a completare la sfida d'Italki prima della scadenza! 12 ore, tutte ottime, tutte produttive e divertente. Sono davvero contenta d'avere deciso iscrivirmi alla sfida!
Adesso sono troppo stanca per dire niente di più, ma forse dopo registrerò l'ultimo update prima di prosseguire alla prossima sfida. Sono iscritta nel 6 Week Challenge per migliorare il mio Nahuatl, ma non comincerò prima del 1 novembre (quando ne comincia ufficialmente). Fino a quel giorno penso leggere un nuovo libro in Italiano che ho comprato (Marcovaldo, d'Italo Calvino), seppure se non so se lo finirò. :p

(So tired!)
1 person has voted this message useful

Expugnator
Hexaglot
Brazil
Joined 4959 days ago

3335 posts - 4349 votes 
Speaks: Portuguese*, Norwegian, French, English, Italian, Papiamento
Studies: Mandarin, Georgian, Russian

Message 34 of 92
26 October 2014 at 1:55pm | IP Logged 
Bravo! Sono contento! Ed anche una buona notizia con il Nahuatl.

Lakeseayesno
Tetraglot
Mexico
thepolyglotist.com
Joined 4127 days ago

280 posts - 488 votes 

Message 35 of 92
27 October 2014 at 12:07am | IP Logged 
Grazie, Expug!

Stamattina ho pensato che non è buona idea lasciare di subito la produzione orale e scritta, ed ho deciso di continuarla ad un ritmo un po' più lento (forse una sessione di conversazione ogni settimana, scrivere più spesso su Lang-8, etcetera).

Non posso aspettare all'inizio di 6WC!

Lakeseayesno
Tetraglot
Mexico
thepolyglotist.com
Joined 4127 days ago

280 posts - 488 votes 

Message 36 of 92
01 November 2014 at 4:57am | IP Logged 
Buon Halloween a tutti!

Ottobre è finito, e ufficialmente i miei 30 giorni d'imparare Italiano intensamente sono giunti al termine. Poichè voglio avere la stessa intensità mentre faccio 6WC con il Nahuatl, vorrei scrivere i miei impressioni sulla sfida per dopo leggere questo di nuovo, se avessi bisogni di motivazione.

Per il lato positivo, sono diventata più rapida in conversazione è ho incrementato il mio vocabolario di maniera straordinaria. In più, ho fatto delle belle amicizie. Forse questo è il risultato che mi è più soddisfacente de tutto. :)

Per il lato non così positivo, ho trovato che il mio stilo scritto è ancora troppo artificiale. Credo que sarebbe controproducente fermare il 'output' quando ho appena cominciato a divertirmi con l'Italiano, dunque ho presso questa decizione: cascasse il mondo, scriverò in Italiano su Italki almeno due volte ogni settimana. Mi sembra che questo ritmo non è un compromesso così pesante che potrebbe diventare un ostacolo per 6WC.

Lakeseayesno
Tetraglot
Mexico
thepolyglotist.com
Joined 4127 days ago

280 posts - 488 votes 

Message 37 of 92
02 November 2014 at 5:40am | IP Logged 
Easing back into Nahuatl. Started with one hour today, just reviewing "tetlapaloliztli" (greetings) and personal pronouns.

I think I must be doing something wrong with the 6WC bot--it's not registering my progress.

Lakeseayesno
Tetraglot
Mexico
thepolyglotist.com
Joined 4127 days ago

280 posts - 488 votes 

Message 38 of 92
04 November 2014 at 5:33am | IP Logged 
Cualli yohualtzin, nocniuhuan (good evening, my friends).
After figuring out what I was doing wrong about the 6WC twitter bot, all is going well with Nahuatl. I'm aiming for somewhere between 45 and 120 minutes a day (ideally, 60 is my daily goal), and so far I've managed to keep up.

As well as Memrising as much as I can everyday, I've been using the Wokabulary app on my computer to do individual word reviewing, with good results. It's also helped me identify a particular issue--I have problems remembering verbs starting with the tla- prefix. I don't know if this is because the fact that there are "unit" verbs, like "pohua", to read, and then there are verbs natively starting with tla-, like "tlapohua", to count. Between these two, the shared relation to learning words helps me remember, but when there's another twenty verbs to remember that also start with tla-, somewhere along the line the cables cross and I start messing up the endings again.

Edited by Lakeseayesno on 04 November 2014 at 5:33am

Lakeseayesno
Tetraglot
Mexico
thepolyglotist.com
Joined 4127 days ago

280 posts - 488 votes 

Message 39 of 92
08 November 2014 at 10:32pm | IP Logged 
Down with a cold since Thursday. Due to this I haven't done my 60 minute session for two days now. Still Memrising, still Wokabulary-ing, but I feel that doesn't amount to much other than maintenance. I'm starting to grow frustrated with the unpredictable, cold inducing weather in this city...

On the bright side, the audio of my last lessson (Inic nahui tlanonotzaliztli - Lesson # 4) came as an agreeable surprise to me: it's completely in Nahuatl! There's no alternation with Spanish dialogue. This'll make shadowing way easier to do. I hope the following lessons keep the same format.

Lakeseayesno
Tetraglot
Mexico
thepolyglotist.com
Joined 4127 days ago

280 posts - 488 votes 

Message 40 of 92
12 November 2014 at 2:57am | IP Logged 
Back with a vengeance! Feeling much better, too.

Yesterday, I managed to do 70 min Nahuatl (active studying through Ma'titla'tocan Nahuala'tolli) + 20 min Italian by reading two stories from Italo Calvino's "Marcovaldo ovvero Le stagioni in città". At first, it was hard to get through just one story, but they're getting really amusing and they're a nice way to finish the day. Nothing amazing about getting through 12 pages in twenty minutes, though--and I still have to look up a ton of words.

Regarding Nahuatl, yesterday I also finally broke into perfect+imperfect past and perfect future verb conjugations. I'd like to write a bit more about it later, when I feel the information has finally sunk in.

The "Feria Internacional del Libro Juvenil e Infantil", the biggest book fair of my country, started last Friday and will go on until the 17th. I won't have much time for the remainder of the week so I made sure to take a few hours off today to visit today. This was the haul:

+ "Nezahualcoyotl's Poetry": Nezahualcoyotl, prince of Texcoco from before the Conquest, is arguably Mexico's first Renaissance man (and I say arguably because he predates the Renaissance, haha). Besides being known for being a just and wise ruler, he was an engineer and poet, whose works survive to this day. This book I wanted no matter what, because it has his poems on a side-by-side NAH-SPA format.

+ "Zazan Tleino": a short book with Nahuatl riddles, translated from Nahuatl to Spanish, French and English. The polyglot appeal in this book won me over.

+ "Hueyi Tlalnamic Tonalamatl", or Great Agenda and Aztec Calendar. I bought this both because I needed an agenda for next year, and because it doesn't only have the days listed accordingly to the Gregorian calendar, but also accordingly to the Aztec one. How awesome is that?

+ "Yancuic Cemanahuac Iyolcahuan", or Animals of the New World. This is a NAH-SPA bilingual compilation on Mexica legends about the origin of certain animals, such as the coyote and ocelot. This edition is so beautiful, it's almost absurd.

This discussion contains 92 messages over 12 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 46 7 8 9 10 11 12  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version