redflag
Australia
Joined 3653 days ago

123 posts - 182 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Danish, Indonesian, French

Message 26 of 86
30 December 2014 at 9:57pm | IP Logged 
Yes, that's not the issue because there were two that fit the criteria the 17.30 and 22.
1 person has voted this message useful

redflag
Australia
Joined 3653 days ago

123 posts - 182 votes 

Message 27 of 86
31 December 2014 at 5:12am | IP Logged 
So I did some of the listening exercisers from this same book today but again got frustrated. Pour example, there is
an exercise with six pictures and on the recording a sentence for each picture and you have to indicate if they
match or not.   

Number 3 has a picture of a calendar page with DÉCEMBRE 18 in big letters and a cake with candles. The recording
says "Son anniversaire est décembre 18." So yes, they match .... except not according to the answers at the back.
Am I losing my mind?   I suppose this could just be a typo but then it doesn't give me much confidence in the book
as a whole.

And then the next "listening" exercise has questions with multiple choice answers of which you must pick the best
one. Simple A1-esque stuff like "Comment-vous appelez-vous?" and "Quel âge avez-vous?". But the recording just
reads these questions. So I don't understand how it can be a listening exercise when the text is right there in front
of you to read?   Surely it would be better if it was just the spoken question without the written one and you had to
choose the right answer.

Meh. So anyway, I think I'll put that aside and try to find some other DELF exam questions after New Year. Or
proceed with this one but gingerly.

Happy New Year everyone.

tristano
Tetraglot
Netherlands
Joined 3858 days ago

905 posts - 1262 votes 
Speaks: Italian*, Spanish, French, English
Studies: Dutch

Message 28 of 86
02 January 2015 at 9:42pm | IP Logged 
Bonne chance @redflag!

Jeffers
United Kingdom
Joined 4720 days ago

2151 posts - 3960 votes 
Studies: Hindi, Ancient Greek, French, Sanskrit, German

Message 29 of 86
03 January 2015 at 1:42pm | IP Logged 
Bienvenue à Team Français 2015! I've been following your log anyway, and I look forward to seeing your progress as a team-mate.

redflag
Australia
Joined 3653 days ago

123 posts - 182 votes 

Message 30 of 86
03 January 2015 at 9:28pm | IP Logged 
Thanks everyone.

French holiday win: phoned reception to get the wifi log in again - successfully in French.
French holiday fail: asking the waiter "you are a wine menu?" Instead of "you have a wine menu?"
Gahahahahagagafaaaa!!
2 persons have voted this message useful

redflag
Australia
Joined 3653 days ago

123 posts - 182 votes 

Message 31 of 86
04 January 2015 at 9:13am | IP Logged 
Guys behind me at this bar are talking about Australia. I get enough to know that but not enough to follow
WHAT they're saying. #A2problems

redflag
Australia
Joined 3653 days ago

123 posts - 182 votes 

Message 32 of 86
07 January 2015 at 6:24am | IP Logged 
As I got back from my holiday yesterday today was my first official day of TAC 2015.

INDONESIAN. (Team Rare)
Today I did:
Unit 1 of Teach Yourself Indonesian. I have this and Colloquial Indonesian so I think
I'll just alternate days between the two and see if one or the other is clearly
better. These first half a dozen or maybe 10 units are largely revision for me.

Indonesian is a special case as I am doing it somewhat for work (although personal
interest too) and my boss intends to study it also. It's not necessary for work but we
are embarking on a major collaboration with our Indonesian equivalents and so it would
be "nice" to have some more of the language. He's asked me to advise him on the best
way to do that, so finally all hose years of procrastinating on language learning
blogs and boards will pay off. ;-)   So I am a bit reluctant to throw myself into a
serious plan until I know how that will play out (perhaps work will put in some money
for tutors/resources? I really don't know). So for the next couple of weeks I'm just
going to gently go through these books. I do have a fair few Indonesian resources
including children's books and novels so if I feel like it I can always dip in to
those. I've pre-ordered Glossika Indonesian but it's only 25% complete so I expect
it'll be a while.

FRENCH:
- three or four units of the beginner stream as review on Babbel
- dictation of the first 50 or so sentences of Glossika French and correcting
mistakes. I think I'll do this again next week to hopefully see improvement.

2 persons have voted this message useful

This discussion contains 86 messages over 11 pages: << Prev 1 2 35 6 7 8 9 10 11  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version