United States
lang-8.com/973514/jo
Joined 3428 days ago

55 posts - 76 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: French

Message 106 of 114
27 March 2015 at 3:39am | IP Logged 
Hey all, it seems that a selection of my "watch this topic" alerts disappeared around the beginning of
the month, including this one. I haven't been on here much because I haven't been looking forward
to posting my progress to be honest. While there has been some, they are barely related to my
posted intentions. Reviewing everyone else's logs tonight made me feel better than 1. I'm not alone
in this, and 2. real progress is possible. I'll update in the next few days.

Glad to see everyone is alive and kicking. :)
2 persons have voted this message useful

Meyers
Diglot
New Zealand
Joined 3399 days ago

36 posts - 39 votes
Speaks: English*, German
Studies: French

Message 107 of 114
29 March 2015 at 1:23pm | IP Logged 
Has anyone watched a tv series called Les Rois Maudits? I'm trying to find something decent set
around the middle ages.
1 person has voted this message useful

Jeffers
United Kingdom
Joined 4699 days ago

2151 posts - 3960 votes 
Studies: Hindi, Ancient Greek, French, Sanskrit, German

Message 108 of 114
29 March 2015 at 1:38pm | IP Logged 
s.mann wrote:
Hey all, it seems that a selection of my "watch this topic" alerts disappeared around the beginning of the month, including this one. I haven't been on here much because I haven't been looking forward to posting my progress to be honest. While there has been some, they are barely related to my posted intentions. Reviewing everyone else's logs tonight made me feel better than 1. I'm not alone in this, and 2. real progress is possible. I'll update in the next few days.

Glad to see everyone is alive and kicking. :)

The alerts from HTLAL is often blocked by filters because they are sent as if from your own email, so email filters think they are phishing emails. Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing an update.

Meyers wrote:
Has anyone watched a tv series called Les Rois Maudits? I'm trying to find something decent set around the middle ages.

I've not seen that one. I have seen La Commanderie, which is an okay mystery/drama set in the middle ages. The setting and acting are excellent, but the story takes some ridiculous turns near the end.

Edited by Jeffers on 29 March 2015 at 1:41pm

JennW
United Kingdom
Joined 3354 days ago

12 posts - 15 votes
Studies: German, French, Polish

Message 109 of 114
04 April 2015 at 10:20am | IP Logged 
Hi everyone. I'm a bit late to the game but I'm joining Team Français for the TAC 2015. Really looking forward to pushing myself in Learning French.

Username: JennW
Level in French: B2 I think
Link to log: http://how-to-learn-any-language.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?T ID=40281&PN=1

I don't have a very extensive background to choose favourites from but here we go for now...
Favourite book: any Le Petit Nicolas stories
Favourite comic/BD: I don't read these
Favourite film: Les Choristes
Favourite TV series: Engrenages (though I definitely need subtitles!)
Favourite band/singer/musician: Stromae, Mika
Favourite audiobook/podcast: don't have one yet
Favourite textbook: CLE Grammaire Progressive ones
Favourite audio learning resource: don't have one yet
Favourite video learning resource: don't have one yet
Favourite web-based learning resource: lang-8.com for getting writing corrections
Anything else about your learning journey: I'm returning to studying French after quite a gap but I think I'm probably about up to where I used to be. I'm aiming to get all my skills up to a confident C1 level this year.
2 persons have voted this message useful

PeterMollenburg
AustraliaRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5266 days ago

821 posts - 1273 votes 
Studies: FrenchB1

Message 110 of 114
04 April 2015 at 11:50am | IP Logged 
Bienvenue JennW,

I hope the remainder of 2015 goes really well for you and your French learning. Everyone (a few ppl) keep
(occasionally) mentioning the French CLE coursebooks.... will have to check them out at some point. I think
we're a friendly, supportive bunch here. Hopefully you'll think the same...

PM

Lakeseayesno
Tetraglot
Mexico
thepolyglotist.com
Joined 4124 days ago

280 posts - 488 votes 
Speaks: English, Spanish*, Japanese, Italian
Studies: Esperanto, French

Message 111 of 114
04 April 2015 at 11:02pm | IP Logged 
Bienvenue, JennW! It's good to see new members pop in every once in a while. Will be checking in on your log every once in a while. :)

PeterMollenburg
AustraliaRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5266 days ago

821 posts - 1273 votes 
Studies: FrenchB1

Message 112 of 114
23 July 2015 at 4:18am | IP Logged 
Here is a link to the continuation of our Team Français thread on the how-to-learn-
any-language.org website. f=15&t=798">http://how-to-learn-any-language.org/viewtopic.p hp?f=15&t=798

If you want to continue posting here, be my guest. It's my preference to use the other
site currenlty. You could keep an eye (or post) on both if you like. We are all
independent individuals so keep yourself informed if you please and make your own
choice. I may find myself back here myself but I"m hoping the new site takes off or
evolves to becoming our new home or at least the start of what will then turn into our
new home.

Our team thread has been very weak of late, so I don't expect our 'new version' to
suddenly take off. At least we have the option now of dropping by on either site.

PM

This discussion contains 114 messages over 15 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version