5 posts - 7 votes
Speaks: Russian*
Studies: English, French

Message 57 of 114
20 January 2015 at 8:39am | IP Logged 
Salut!
Username: Virineya
Level in French: A0 :)
Link to log: http://how-to-learn-any-language.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?T ID=39951&PN=1
my favourite French:
book: "The Accursed Kings" Maurice Druon
film: "Taxi"
TV series: "Hélène et les Garçons"

Edited by Virineya on 20 January 2015 at 8:47am

3 persons have voted this message useful

suzukaze
Triglot
Italy
bit.ly/1bGm459
Joined 4407 days ago

186 posts - 254 votes 
Speaks: Italian*, English, Spanish
Studies: German, French, Swedish, Japanese

Message 58 of 114
24 January 2015 at 6:17pm | IP Logged 
January Challenge

Username: suzukaze (Sofia)

Level in French: probably about a B1/B2 passive skills, maybe higher, and A1/A2 active skills

Link to log: http://how-to-learn-any-language.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?T ID=35435&PN=1

Favourite book: Le Petit Prince. I read some French classics during high school/university but only in translation.

Favourite comic/BD: None as of present.

Favourite film: I watched few French films (Ernest et Celestine, La Belle et la Bête, Le Petit Gruffalo). It's too early to talk about favourites :)

Favourite TV series: Profilage, watched ages ago, though. I actually prefer other TV series but they are mostly US/UK and tend to watch them in their original language with subs. As for cartoons: Les as de la jungle, Mouk and Pierre Lapin.

Favourite band/singer/musician: None as of present.

Favourite audiobook/podcast: RFI.

Favourite textbook: Grammaire française pratique en 90 fiches.

Favourite audio learning resource: Assimil, Michel Thomas.

Favourite video learning resource: France5 and the other France# channels as well, France5 is simply the one I happen to watch the most. Arte.tv comes to a close second.

Favourite web-based learning resource: duolingo.com.

Anything else about your learning journey: I wanted to study French for a long time, my first attempt was while I was at university. I was able to follow the course for about a month, but I had to drop out since most French classes overlapped with my Computer Science workshops. After graduation I played with the idea of studying French on my own and eventually started two years ago.

Up to now I used translated material, mainly of English origin, while French-only material has been limited to documentaries on French TV channels. This year I would like to try some authentic French books, maybe re-reading the classics I'm already familiar with. Another thing I would really like to do is to get some spoken practice with either a native speaker or advanced learner. My last objective would be to do more grammar exercises, most of what I know was learned from videos or Duolingo.
2 persons have voted this message useful

Jeffers
United Kingdom
Joined 4714 days ago

2151 posts - 3960 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Hindi, Ancient Greek, French, Sanskrit, German

Message 59 of 114
24 January 2015 at 8:27pm | IP Logged 
Another team mate! Welcome to Team Français!
1 person has voted this message useful

suzukaze
Triglot
Italy
bit.ly/1bGm459
Joined 4407 days ago

186 posts - 254 votes 
Speaks: Italian*, English, Spanish
Studies: German, French, Swedish, Japanese

Message 60 of 114
25 January 2015 at 2:17am | IP Logged 
Thanks Jeffers!

My intent was to join only the Romance Team, but I must have messed up the Wikia sign-up thing and added myself to the French team as well. I thought about leaving this team since I hadn't planned to join it in the first place, but then I said…why not? The more exercise I can get in French, the better it is! :)

PeterMollenburg
AustraliaRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5281 days ago

821 posts - 1273 votes 
Studies: FrenchB1

Message 61 of 114
25 January 2015 at 4:54pm | IP Logged 
Message très important... message très grave...

Vous êtes tous prêts ? Si tu es très occupé en ce moment il faut que tu arrêtes ce que
tu fais tout de suite même si tu es chirurgien(ne) en train de faire une
intervention... comme... comme... comme une greffe de coeur. Lisez attentivement le
message ci-dessous :

Une fois j'ai vu une personne, ça c'est vraiment rare. Vous savez ce que je vous dis?

-------------------------
Very important message... very serious message...

You're all ready? If you are very busy at the moment you need to stop what you're doing
right away even if you are a surgeon in the middle of doing an operation... like..
like.. like a heart transplant. Read the following message below very carefully:

Once I saw a person, that's really rare. Know what I'm sayin?

Edited by PeterMollenburg on 25 January 2015 at 4:54pm

Mohave
United States
justpaste.it/Mohave1
Joined 3812 days ago

291 posts - 444 votes 
Studies: French

Message 62 of 114
25 January 2015 at 8:53pm | IP Logged 
Hey Teammates!

Wanted to make sure that everyone was aware the 6 Week Challenge Bot registration is open.   I did my first
one this past November, and I found it really helped focus my efforts to completing some goals prior to the
end-of-year. I wish I would have started participating earlier in my language learning journey!   Basic ground
rules are you must be a beginner, or at most, a B1 level to participate. You'll need to keep track of and Tweet
your study time to the Bot. I thought I would find Tweeting my study times quite annoying, but I actually found
the process easy and the little bit of competition quite fun - so much so that I wish I had this Twitter Bot all the
time.

Starts: Sunday, 1st February 2015 00h00m01s your time
Ends: Saturday, 14th March 2015 23h59m59s your time

Here is more information on the 6 Week Challenge

3 persons have voted this message useful

Jeffers
United Kingdom
Joined 4714 days ago

2151 posts - 3960 votes 
Studies: Hindi, Ancient Greek, French, Sanskrit, German

Message 63 of 114
25 January 2015 at 11:42pm | IP Logged 
In-befored!

I love the 6wc, and it has been one of the things that has given my language study regular boosts. I agree that the competition is fun and challenges you to do just a bit more. After a few days, I start paying attention to the people just ahead and just behind me, and do my best to improve my position.

I also agree that tracking your time by tweets is really helpful.
2 persons have voted this message useful

Lakeseayesno
Tetraglot
Mexico
thepolyglotist.com
Joined 4139 days ago

280 posts - 488 votes 
Speaks: English, Spanish*, Japanese, Italian
Studies: Esperanto, French

Message 64 of 114
26 January 2015 at 4:45am | IP Logged 
@Peter, est-ce que tu ne savais pas? Voir des personnes n'est plus un signe de normalité. :P

Though I didn't finish 6WC last time I signed up (Christmas is NOT the best period to do it...), I did find it useful last time I participated. It's a pretty good motivational tool... so I'm in. Thanks for the reminder, Mohave!

This discussion contains 114 messages over 15 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 79 10 11 12 13 14 15  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version