Rozzie
United States
Joined 3210 days ago

136 posts - 149 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Spanish

Message 1 of 41
13 September 2015 at 1:33am | IP Logged 
So today I got my two new language books. They are Spanish step by step and the Berlitz self - teacher. I
order them last Friday and I have wait all week to get these books. I'm excited to read them I can't wait to
figure out what they teach me about Spanish. I don't know which one I want to read first but which ever one I
start with I know will be good.
1 person has voted this message useful

Rozzie
United States
Joined 3210 days ago

136 posts - 149 votes 

Message 2 of 41
13 September 2015 at 2:00am | IP Logged 
So I just finish reading instant conversation in my Spanish step b step book and boy the notes is a lot to take
in. I will re-read the instant conversation again but it the notes I need to really read slowly so I know what they
are trying to telling me.

Rozzie
United States
Joined 3210 days ago

136 posts - 149 votes 

Message 3 of 41
13 September 2015 at 7:07am | IP Logged 
So I re-read the instant conversation again and the words I did know how to say I put into quizlet then after
that I put the whole conversation in quizlet line by line to do sentences to practice. I am enjoying making flash
cards with this book. I will stay on the instant conversation until Monday and see how comfortable I feel with
the material. If I am still having trouble then I will stay with it longer.
That's all for now✌🏾️

Rozzie
United States
Joined 3210 days ago

136 posts - 149 votes 

Message 4 of 41
13 September 2015 at 7:01pm | IP Logged 
The four words I am having trouble with are siéntse, permiso, camarero and cuenta. What I am doing is
reading the instant conversation and when I hit one of my trouble words I go to my quizlet app and hear the
word repeat the word and continue reading. That seems like it's working for me at the moment. That's all for
now✌🏾️

P.S As I was reading the conversation there I found two more trouble words for me and they are mesa and en
Seguida. So my total trouble words total comes to six but I will understand how to pronounce them.

Edited by Rozzie on 13 September 2015 at 11:50pm

Rozzie
United States
Joined 3210 days ago

136 posts - 149 votes 

Message 5 of 41
13 September 2015 at 10:58pm | IP Logged 
So at the end of the instant conversation there a test of the sentences just ten of them and you have to match
the English sentence to the Spanish sentence and each correct sentence is worth ten points and the answers
are upside down right after the tenth sentence. I told the test without looking at the answers and I felt positive
about the results. Once I was done I knew from all the review I've done today that I had gotten all the
questions right so I check them and I got 💯.

So know that I know how to match sentences do I continue to study for pronunciation of the sentences or
move on to the next part of the book? I still having trouble with a couple of words so I already have my
answer I will continue to study the pronunciation of the sentences until it sounds good to me.

Later✌🏾️

Rozzie
United States
Joined 3210 days ago

136 posts - 149 votes 

Message 6 of 41
15 September 2015 at 9:28pm | IP Logged 
Yesterday I looked over step 1 in my Spanish step by step book. I put the sentences into quizlet. I also watch
an episode of Destinos. I'm on episode 5. I also work on fun, easy, learn app or as some people might call it
6,000 (language your learning) words app. I also did a little bit of Duolingo.

Today I did Duo and that's it for now. I will watch another episode of Destinos tonight look over my new
sentences and vocabulary from step 1 and work some more with the fun, easy, learn app.

Last night I was thinking of putting all of Destinos into Quizlet what do you think? Do you think I should do it
or wait until I finish the series before doing that?

✌🏾️

Edited by Rozzie on 15 September 2015 at 9:30pm

Rozzie
United States
Joined 3210 days ago

136 posts - 149 votes 

Message 7 of 41
16 September 2015 at 1:51am | IP Logged 
Remember when I told you I watch episode 5 of destinos last night I was mistaken it was 6. So I just finish
episode 7 tonight and it's getting good.

I started putting instant conversation: A ride in a taxi into quizlet today I didn't finish yet. The sentences are
good I am reading them as I put them into quizlet. I hope to finish putting the rest of the sentences in tonight.
Then maybe tomorrow I will review everything I put into quizlet.

Later✌🏾️
2 persons have voted this message useful

Rozzie
United States
Joined 3210 days ago

136 posts - 149 votes 

Message 8 of 41
16 September 2015 at 3:22pm | IP Logged 
Buenos Días,

So I just went over the instant conversation: in a café and the only word that is still giving me trouble is en
seguida not bad right? I think I will re-read the conversation a couple more times to make sure I am saying
the words right.

My goals today is to go over the conversation and watch an episode of destinos tonight for listening practice
and read since I have the close captions on while the episode plays. So I am killing two birds with one stone.

If I add anything else to my list of things to do today you'll hear about it.

✌🏾️

This discussion contains 41 messages over 6 pages: 2 3 4 5 6  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version