Groupie
Germany
Joined 5942 days ago

85 posts - 204 votes 
Speaks: German*

Message 49 of 72
22 March 2013 at 1:37pm | IP Logged 
luke wrote:
One question, in isbn=9780300058215">this link it says the textbook has 624 pages. The 2nd edition was split into
two textbooks. I wonder if they really will have one monster book for the 3rd edition. If so, then $84
doesn't look quite so bad for a college textbook.

That link leads to the original 1994 second edition textbook, before they decided to split it up (the date
below the cover is a big hint). There are going to be two separate textbooks with the third edition.

Edited by Betjeman on 22 March 2013 at 1:41pm

1 person has voted this message useful

johnL
United States
Joined 6482 days ago

29 posts - 32 votes
Speaks: English*
Studies: Spanish, French

Message 50 of 72
22 March 2013 at 4:53pm | IP Logged 
Betjeman wrote:

That link leads to the original 1994 second edition textbook, before they decided to split it up (the date
below the cover is a big hint). There are going to be two separate textbooks with the third edition.
There are TWO second editions? Shouldn't that second "second edition" have been the third edition?

Splog
Diglot
Czech Republic
anthonylauder.c
Joined 5468 days ago

1062 posts - 3263 votes 
Speaks: English*, Czech
Studies: Mandarin

Message 51 of 72
09 April 2013 at 9:16pm | IP Logged 
The third edition of the FIA textbook is split into two parts. Currently, only the first part is available, and covers the first 26 lessons.

The second part of the textbook (covering lessons 27 to 52) will not be available until Summer 2014.

The authors of the textbook made a call a few days ago (5th April 2013) for thoughts on what to include in part 2 in terms of reflecting multicultural France.

fortheo
United States
Joined 4835 days ago

187 posts - 222 votes 
Studies: French

Message 52 of 72
27 March 2014 at 5:43am | IP Logged 
I have a question that I am hoping someone here can answer. I've been gathering all the materials that I can for this course because I want it to be my main study tool. I bought the two workbooks, the textbook and I found the audio files online. I am skeptical if I have all the audio files because the original post said that he knows a lot of the audio files online are incomplete. However, he said the audio for this course should be around 900mb, I have over 1gb of audio alone for this course, with Lesson 2 having about 30 audio files.

My main question is this: in the Textbook, directly after the main script from the video, there is a section titled "Écoutez la mise en oeuvre du texte et répondez aux questions suivantes" My audio stops right before this section and then goes to the workbook exercises ( 2.1 , 2.2 ) etc etc.

Surely there must be audio for the "Écoutez la mise en oeuvre du texte et répondez aux questions suivantes" section? Can someone who has the course tell me If I am missing audio?

Edited by fortheo on 27 March 2014 at 5:45am

Elexi
United Kingdom
Joined 5364 days ago

938 posts - 1839 votes 
Studies: French, German, Latin

Message 53 of 72
27 March 2014 at 10:06am | IP Logged 
The progression of the audio should go 1. The script audio. 2. a listen and repeat
section with questions 3. the workbook audio.

Are you missing 2?

Betjeman
Groupie
Germany
Joined 5942 days ago

85 posts - 204 votes 
Speaks: German*

Message 54 of 72
27 March 2014 at 12:33pm | IP Logged 
fortheo wrote:

My main question is this: in the Textbook, directly after the main script from the video, there is a section titled
"Écoutez la mise en oeuvre du texte et répondez aux questions suivantes" My audio stops right before this section
and then goes to the workbook exercises ( 2.1 , 2.2 ) etc etc.

Surely there must be audio for the "Écoutez la mise en oeuvre du texte et répondez aux questions suivantes"
section? Can someone who has the course tell me If I am missing audio?

The mise en oeuvre section ist the very first one in the audio. According to the instructions, you are supposed to
work through it right after watching the film and without any reference to the textbook. The mise en oeuvre in the
textbook is just meant to be a refresher. You might want to get access to the Study Guide as well, as it guides you
step-by-step through the whole process of combining film, audio and textbook elements in the proper order. It also
explains chosen points of grammar and comments on certain workbook exercises (in English). It is not a vital
addition, but a very useful one.   

Edited by Betjeman on 27 March 2014 at 12:42pm

fortheo
United States
Joined 4835 days ago

187 posts - 222 votes 
Studies: French

Message 55 of 72
27 March 2014 at 12:33pm | IP Logged 
Elexi wrote:
The progression of the audio should go 1. The script audio. 2. a listen and repeat
section with questions
3. the workbook audio.

Are you missing 2?

There seems to be 2 listen and repeat exercises: One found in the textbook right after the script, and one in the very beginning of the workbook.Here is a pic of the section in the textbook that I am wondering about. ( this is all from lesson 2 )

http://oi61.tinypic.com/2hid01i.jpg

is there audio with this? The audio that I have for the textbook is solely just the script.

I have the audio for the listening and repeat parts in the workbook, they look like this.

http://oi58.tinypic.com/5dui44.jpg

I am just wondering if there are audio files for the textbook besides the script, because that "mise en oeuvre" section in the text book looks like it needs an audio companion. But my audio for the textbook ends right after the script, and then goes to the Listening and repeat section in the workbook.

Edited by fortheo on 27 March 2014 at 12:39pm

Elexi
United Kingdom
Joined 5364 days ago

938 posts - 1839 votes 
Studies: French, German, Latin

Message 56 of 72
27 March 2014 at 5:54pm | IP Logged 
I have the audio cassettes that I bought from a university book sale - and like the
material that is downloadable from the internet (which I assume you have) there is no
separate audio for the material in the text book. I think the idea is that when you
have finished the mise en oeuvre du texte you then answer the questions in the text
book.

This discussion contains 72 messages over 9 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 68 9  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version