Joined 5363 days ago

938 posts - 1839 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: French, German, Latin

Message 57 of 72
27 March 2014 at 5:55pm | IP Logged 
There is also the Summary Quiz audio here

http://yalebooks.com/FiA/summaryquizzes/

if you have the study guides. These are not normally found with the material that one
can, err, 'find' on the net.
1 person has voted this message useful

fortheo
United States
Joined 4834 days ago

187 posts - 222 votes 
Studies: French

Message 58 of 72
27 March 2014 at 6:09pm | IP Logged 
Elexi wrote:
I have the audio cassettes that I bought from a university book sale - and like the
material that is downloadable from the internet (which I assume you have) there is no
separate audio for the material in the text book. I think the idea is that when you
have finished the mise en oeuvre du texte you then answer the questions in the text
book.

Well, there is some audio for the material in the textbook because the script is in the text book and the very first audio file is a reading of the script.

But if your cassettes don't have audio for the mise en oeuvre du texte section ( which is weird because if you look at the pic I linked to, there are headphones right next to that section) then I suppose there must not be any audio for it.

I get paranoid that I don't have all the materials haha.

Thanks for the help!

Elexi
United Kingdom
Joined 5363 days ago

938 posts - 1839 votes 

Message 59 of 72
27 March 2014 at 6:23pm | IP Logged 
Yes, if you are going to be pedantic! :-) there is audio relating to the textbook.

The headphones symbol applies to the mise en oeuvre du texte - the repeat and answer
part that is Chapt X.1a-e on the audio.

By the way - if you are looking for FIA flashcards - the best I have found
(unfortunately incomplete - to lesson 34) are on Quizlet - search for drbarb or
tharmonyd for good sets of cards for each lesson.

Edited by Elexi on 27 March 2014 at 6:26pm

fortheo
United States
Joined 4834 days ago

187 posts - 222 votes 

Message 60 of 72
27 March 2014 at 6:32pm | IP Logged 
Sorry haha, I didn't mean to be pedantic xD just wanted to be specific since there is sooo much with this course.

Elexi wrote:
Yes, if you are going to be pedantic! :-) there is audio relating to the textbook.

The headphones symbol applies to the mise en oeuvre du texte - the repeat and answer
part that is Chapt X.1a-e on the audio.

By the way - if you are looking for FIA flashcards - the best I have found
(unfortunately incomplete - to lesson 34) are on Quizlet - search for drbarb or
tharmonyd for good sets of cards for each lesson.

As I feared, I don't seem to have that audio :/ I don't think it is with the versions on the internet.

thank you for the quiz and flash cards!

Edited by fortheo on 27 March 2014 at 6:33pm

ArtistOz
Australia
Joined 3693 days ago

4 posts - 11 votes

Message 61 of 72
12 April 2014 at 7:10am | IP Logged 
@fortheo

I have recently purchased all the FIA audio and books and the "Mise on Oeuvre" questions you are referring to in lesson 2 page 13 of the Text book are contained in the audio files 2-01a, 2-01b, 2-01c, 2-01d, 2-01e.   

These files go back over the video and audio components of the lesson with places for you to repeat certain words and phrases. The questions in the mise on oeuvre occur during this audio section and are not separate entities so while listening and repeating the questions are asked and answered by you. There is a female voice that asks, pauses, then answers after you. Then the audio continues on to 2-02 aural comprehension.

The audio 2-00 is the video lesson 5.44 minutes
the audios 2-01a,b,c,d,e, 25 mins, goes back over the lesson with opportunities to hear and repeat and also answer the questions. If you have these audio files you have all the course files.

The audio CD's I bought part one and part two have two CD's each. Part one, 1 to 26 is about 901 mbs and part two, 27 to 52 is about 965 mbs. There are about 1768 audio files I think altogether around 2.5 days of audio according to itunes. Thats about 60 hours of audio some files are 6 minutes and some are less than a minute. Hope this helps

2 persons have voted this message useful

blank_frackis
Scotland
Joined 5818 days ago

15 posts - 23 votes

Message 62 of 72
29 April 2014 at 2:17am | IP Logged 
I see that Pierre Capretz sadly died earlier this month. He certainly did more than most to promote the French language across the world.

newyorkeric
Diglot
Singapore
Joined 6177 days ago

1598 posts - 2174 votes 
Speaks: English*, Italian
Studies: Mandarin, Malay
Personal Language Map

Message 63 of 72
29 April 2014 at 4:48am | IP Logged 
Thanks for mentioning his passing. Here is a link to the obituary written by Yale's newspaper.
4 persons have voted this message useful

Elexi
United Kingdom
Joined 5363 days ago

938 posts - 1839 votes 

Message 64 of 72
29 April 2014 at 12:17pm | IP Logged 
A truly great teacher - and French in Action will be a lasting memory to him.

This discussion contains 72 messages over 9 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 79  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version