FXcuisine.com
Joined 7171 days ago

3094 posts - 2987 votes 
12 sounds
Speaks: French*, EnglishC2, German, Italian, Spanish, Russian
Personal Language Map

Message 9 of 71
28 September 2009 at 7:37pm | IP Logged 
Jiwon, this is very good! Sure, you will improve the fluency and accent when you spend some time with Germans, but you seem to be able to freely express yourself in an intelligible way. I think there must be great commercial opportunities to mediate between those two industrial superpowers, Korea and Germany. There cannot be so many Koreans that speak Germans as well as you do. Well done! Perhaps you could locate a German club in Korea, I know they have one for instance in Osaka (Japan) so perhaps there is one in Seoul?

PS I moved the thread where it belongs - this is not a General Room topic. Forgive me please.
1 person has voted this message useful

Jiwon
Triglot
Korea, South
Joined 6231 days ago

1417 posts - 1500 votes 
Speaks: EnglishC2, Korean*, GermanC1
Studies: Hindi, Spanish
Personal Language Map

Message 10 of 71
29 September 2009 at 9:22am | IP Logged 
Thank you administrator, for your encouraging words. I've done my research and there seems to be a German club located in Seoul, but I don't plan to make myself a regular member there until I come back to Seoul in March.

Actually, there ARE some German speaking Koreans, although they are quite rare. I really hope to take my German to fluency, so I could be a lot more competitive in the job market - plus enjoy everything this language has to offer (so amazing!).

Edit: I've changed the name of this thread to better reflect it.

------------------------------------------------------------ -----------

I've also started making Korean videos, and although I posted it on my German log I think it would be more appropriate to post here. So here it goes:

외국어를 공부하는 이유

Enjoy! :)

Edited by Jiwon on 29 September 2009 at 9:27am

Jiwon
Triglot
Korea, South
Joined 6231 days ago

1417 posts - 1500 votes 
Personal Language Map

Message 11 of 71
01 October 2009 at 6:44pm | IP Logged 
This is my third German video. Apologies for the buzzing sound in the background and the fact that my voice seems to fade out after the first few minutes. I also think this was the lousiest video I've made so far, and especially towards the end I think my speaking ability completely collapsed down.

German Practice 3

As usual, any comments are welcome.

Jiwon
Triglot
Korea, South
Joined 6231 days ago

1417 posts - 1500 votes 
Personal Language Map

Message 12 of 71
05 October 2009 at 9:03pm | IP Logged 
I made two new clips. One is in Korean, the other in German.

한국어 2 (Second Korean Video)
- This one is just a bit of random babbling.

Der erste Vollmond
- In this one, I'm reading an essay that I once posted on my log. I hope it's interesting enough to listen to.

Comments are appreciated as usual. :) The more and the detailed, the better.

PS - Will many people be interested if I make something like an audio blog in Korean? I'm not asking this for German as I WILL upload German videos no matter what, but making Korean ones are entirely for the other learners. Just want to make sure that I don't end up making something nobody listens to... :)

GoldFibre
Diglot
Kuwait
koreaninkuwait.com
Joined 5774 days ago

467 posts - 472 votes 
Speaks: English*, Korean

Message 13 of 71
05 October 2009 at 10:06pm | IP Logged 
Whoever you are talking about in that Korean video sounds like one really cool dude!

You know I will listen to all of the Korean ones, but I have plenty to listen to even if you don't make them, so don't do it for my sake.

Jiwon
Triglot
Korea, South
Joined 6231 days ago

1417 posts - 1500 votes 
Personal Language Map

Message 14 of 71
06 October 2009 at 12:21pm | IP Logged 
GoldFibre wrote:
Whoever you are talking about in that Korean video sounds like one really cool dude!

You know I will listen to all of the Korean ones, but I have plenty to listen to even if you don't make them, so don't do it for my sake.

Yes, indeed, a very amazing person. ;-)

Alright. I'll just make some from time to time. It doesn't take me that much time to make one anyway, considering Korean is my native language. :)

-Kupo-
Groupie
United Kingdom
Joined 5862 days ago

84 posts - 84 votes 
1 sounds
Speaks: English*
Studies: German, Japanese, Korean, Spanish, Russian

Message 15 of 71
06 October 2009 at 9:39pm | IP Logged 
I take a great interest in your Korean language youtube videos. You speak slightly faster than I am used to hearing so it is great to listen to.

Jiwon
Triglot
Korea, South
Joined 6231 days ago

1417 posts - 1500 votes 
Personal Language Map

Message 16 of 71
07 October 2009 at 9:38pm | IP Logged 
"Oops, I did it again.."

Made two new videos, this time with faces! After freaking out as my lips and voices were not alligned together, and a lot of time spent trying to figure out technical details and being frustrated, I finally managed to uplaod two decent videos.

German Practice 4

한국어 3 (독일어... Why?)
- comment about the Korean: I think I speak a bit faster this time, but nowhere as fast as my normal speaking speed (but I'm pretty fast even for Koreans.. one day I'll upload one where I speak in my "normal speed").

This discussion contains 71 messages over 9 pages: << Prev 13 4 5 6 7 8 9  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version