forum_posts.asp?TID=
Joined 5330 days ago

1419 posts - 1766 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Spanish, Korean, Japanese

Message 17 of 71
14 October 2009 at 12:25am | IP Logged 
GoldFibre wrote:
You know I will listen to all of the Korean ones, but I have plenty to listen to even if you don't make them, so don't do it for my sake.

Same here. By all means, don't feel you *need* to make them, but if you do, I'll gladly watch/listen. Native immersion material is always welcome. :)

Edited by Warp3 on 14 October 2009 at 12:26am

1 person has voted this message useful

qklilx
United States
Joined 5981 days ago

459 posts - 477 votes 
Studies: Korean
Personal Language Map

Message 18 of 71
14 October 2009 at 10:52pm | IP Logged 
Jiwon wrote:
한국어 3 (독일어... Why?)
- comment about the Korean: I think I speak a bit faster this time, but nowhere as fast as my normal speaking speed (but I'm pretty fast even for Koreans.. one day I'll upload one where I speak in my "normal speed").

I'd like to hear your normal speed! I have two friends in Korea who like to talk fast. One of them took some time to get used to but I understand everything he says now. The other slurs way too much so the speed is almost irrelevant. I'm surprised Koreans can even understand him.

So far I don't think you've talked any faster than the people I used to hang out with.

LanguageSponge
Triglot
United Kingdom
Joined 5561 days ago

1197 posts - 1487 votes 
Speaks: English*, German, French
Studies: Welsh, Russian, Japanese, Slovenian, Greek, Italian

Message 19 of 71
17 October 2009 at 4:53pm | IP Logged 
Hallo Jiwon!

I would just like to say how impressed I am by your the three German videos that I have just finished watching on youtube. Like many if not all of the others who have commented on the videos thus far, I found your speech to be extremely clear - you pronounce most words very well and I really had very few problems understanding you throughout all three videos. The only problem I had with your pronunciation was the "st" and "sch" sounds, as has already been said. I must also congratulate you for speaking spontaneously; I find that this is one of the hardest things to do in any language; I even find this difficult in English sometimes. What is more, you have inspired me to try and make my own videos in German - I have always wondered how my German sounds to anyone else other than my immediate family and friends - I wonder if it's good, or whether I'd be laughed at? :] If you were to post any more videos in German, I would very much look forward to listening to them. I have also listened to your videos in Korean, and although I do not understand a single word, I might start looking into Korean at some point soon - thank you :]

Thank you for posting the videos, I very much enjoyed them, and I hope my comments have helped slightly.

Jack

Jiwon
Triglot
Korea, South
Joined 6231 days ago

1417 posts - 1500 votes 
Speaks: EnglishC2, Korean*, GermanC1
Studies: Hindi, Spanish
Personal Language Map

Message 20 of 71
31 October 2009 at 4:55pm | IP Logged 
Ok, my newest German video!

German Practice 5

Enjoy! :)

Jiwon
Triglot
Korea, South
Joined 6231 days ago

1417 posts - 1500 votes 
Personal Language Map

Message 21 of 71
02 November 2009 at 11:13am | IP Logged 
This is my new Korean video.

한국어 4

I have to ask some questions. Would you prefer if my speech was faster or slower? Also, do you have any preference as to the content and nature of this vlog? More fun and outrageous style, or this normal style, or a slightly more formal style? Contentwise, would you like to know more about Korea in general or should I just continue detailing my daily life?

Thanks in advance.

Jiwon

qklilx
United States
Joined 5981 days ago

459 posts - 477 votes 
Studies: Korean
Personal Language Map

Message 22 of 71
12 November 2009 at 7:32am | IP Logged 
Your speech is fine to me, but I listen to a lot of Korean rap and have a couple friends who talk faster than you have in any of your videos, so fast speech doesn't really phase me as long as I can understand all the words being used. Your speech is too fast for anyone without as much listening experience as me. In fact I know a few gyopo who would think your speech is too fast even though they can understand more Korean than me.

I think since Korean is your native language if you make a video in it something should be more enticing. Maybe use the Youtube "choppy" style of editing that's popular with some of the biggest vloggers.

Content is up to you. I think material about Korea would be a little more interesting unless you have an extremely exciting life. But that's my opinion.

Jiwon
Triglot
Korea, South
Joined 6231 days ago

1417 posts - 1500 votes 
Personal Language Map

Message 23 of 71
12 November 2009 at 7:43am | IP Logged 
Haha.. thanks for the feedback. I could also make it a complete weirdo-show like the more popular vloggers, but then I thought that might freak some people out. Besides, I'm quite technologically challenged so video editting is a big task for me. :/

Jiwon
Triglot
Korea, South
Joined 6231 days ago

1417 posts - 1500 votes 
Personal Language Map

Message 24 of 71
12 November 2009 at 1:38pm | IP Logged 
My new Korean video:

Korean 5

I hope you like it qklilx. It's around my normal chattering speed. Sorry to others who may not be able to understand much of what I'm gibbering about.

This discussion contains 71 messages over 9 pages: << Prev 1 24 5 6 7 8 9  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version