Diglot
Russian FederationRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 4771 days ago

3 posts - 3 votes
Speaks: Russian*, English
Studies: Japanese

Message 33 of 77
25 February 2011 at 4:50am | IP Logged 
Hi, I`m Ivan from Russia, St.Petersburg. I`m 25. I want to find some people, with whom I could converse, using Skype. We could speak one language and then the other, during at least 10 minutes every day. I love Russian language and used to read a lot of books. My favourite author is F.M.Dostoevsky. I would be happy if someone adds me in Skype, only but right now I`m interesting in people, who actually lives in USA or UK, for I want at first realize the difference between British English and American English as it called in Russia. Also I`m interested in culture of both countries. My Skype nick is ivaaa86 When adding, instead of "Enter a message to introduce yourself.", please, write "ru-en".

Sincerely yours, Linkov Ivan.

Edited by ivaaa86 on 02 March 2011 at 8:55pm

1 person has voted this message useful

Kojanij
Russian FederationRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 4767 days ago

1 posts - 1 votes
Studies: English

Message 34 of 77
01 March 2011 at 12:39pm | IP Logged 
I'm connecting to Ivan. I know my native language excellently so can help with studying Russian. Will be glad to get to know someone from America or another English language country.

w432w
Russian Federation
Joined 4769 days ago

6 posts - 6 votes

Message 35 of 77
02 March 2011 at 10:16am | IP Logged 
Hello!
My name is Sergey. My native language is Russian. I’m from Moscow. I’m learning English.
I would like someone to help me with my English in return I will help with Russian.
Please write to me on my email w432w@yandex.ru

jdmoncada
Tetraglot
United States
Joined 4784 days ago

470 posts - 741 votes 
Speaks: English*, German, Spanish, Finnish
Studies: Russian, Japanese

Message 36 of 77
02 March 2011 at 5:03pm | IP Logged 
I am an American, and I studied Russian in my last year of high school, which was over half my life ago.

I really enjoyed it and caught on to the writing system rather quickly. I did not study it long, though, and put it aside to go back to Spanish. A year ago, however, Russian came back to me with force to remind me that it was still there. When I tried to do it again, within an hour, I was reading simple passages as if I'd never left it.

I did not get very far in my initial study. Perhaps I was no better than A1. I would like to return to best ability that I had reached before and grow if possible.
2 persons have voted this message useful

mserious
Trilingual Tetraglot
Israel
Joined 4942 days ago

2 posts - 4 votes
Speaks: French*, English*, Modern Hebrew*, Russian
Studies: Spanish, Ukrainian

Message 37 of 77
05 March 2011 at 6:58pm | IP Logged 
What's happening forum.

My name is Ariel, 30, & I'm a dual citizen - Israel/USA. I grew up in the US and
France, but having lived in Israel for the past 7 years of my life, it is hard to overlook the omnipresence of the Russian language here (Israel has had 5 or 6 waves of immigration from the ex-USSR over the past 25 years).

Besides being absolutely fascinated by Russian literature, music art and (drinking =) )
culture, being a native French speaker makes Russian that much more fun to learn, due
to the occasional 'Easter Egg' - words from the French that found their way into
Russian, sometimes retaining their original sense, other times meaning something
completely different.

Since I started studying Russian 4 years ago, Iv'e come across and made use of a
relatively broad spectrum of self-study material: Rosetta Stone, some of the literature
from 'Russky Yazik Publications', youtube videos and the local Israeli TV 'channel
nine' which broadcasts in Russian but provides Hebrew subtitles with some of its shows,
to my great delight.

Also to my advantage, many of my closest friends here are Russian/Russian Speakers, so
opportunities to practice my language skills are anything but far apart.

ANYWAYS, good luck and godspeed to all fellow students. Studying Russian is both
challenging and enjoyable, and if your'e looking for that famous chic factor - well
let's just say that with Russian, the chic-o-meter is about to explode. (c:

2 persons have voted this message useful

Rudan
Russian Federation
rdbg.ruRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 4753 days ago

1 posts - 1 votes

Message 38 of 77
16 March 2011 at 3:42am | IP Logged 
Желающий преподавать русский намного больше желающих его изучать. Не популярный язык.

Dimann
Russian Federation
Joined 4811 days ago

4 posts - 8 votes
Speaks: Russian*

Message 39 of 77
16 March 2011 at 5:07pm | IP Logged 
Rudan wrote:
ЖелающиХ преподавать русский намного больше желающих его изучать. Непопулярный язык.
если делать ошибки в словах на "родном" языке, вряд ли заманишь кого-нибудь его изучать:)

sb
Czech Republic
Joined 4756 days ago

16 posts - 15 votes

Message 40 of 77
16 March 2011 at 10:48pm | IP Logged 
два лузера выше идите на завод, какое там преподавание? кому вы нужны со своими 3-мя ошибками в слове х.у.й и нулевым маркетингом?

This discussion contains 77 messages over 10 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 46 7 8 9 10  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version