frenchdude75
United States
pictogame.comRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 4765 days ago

8 posts - 9 votes
Studies: English, Italian

Message 49 of 77
23 March 2011 at 10:46pm | IP Logged 
I'm mostly French and Native American and I'm trying to learn Russian. I have a friend who lives in Russia and I'm from the US. I can speak two words in Russian which is "Hospodee Pomelooy" which means"Lord have mercy" in English.
1 person has voted this message useful

frenchdude75
United States
pictogame.comRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 4765 days ago

8 posts - 9 votes
Studies: English, Italian

Message 50 of 77
23 March 2011 at 11:03pm | IP Logged 
Hello!!! My name's Tyler. I'm 13 and I'm from the Us.I'm wanting to get to know Russian.
2 persons have voted this message useful

Siberiano
Tetraglot
Russian Federation
one-giant-leap.Registered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 6243 days ago

465 posts - 696 votes 
Speaks: Russian*, English, ItalianC1, Spanish
Studies: Portuguese, Serbian

Message 51 of 77
24 March 2011 at 10:09am | IP Logged 
sb wrote:
Moderator's comment:
Я оставил это образец, чтобы показать, почему sb был запрещен

@Iversen: Не запрещён, а забанен.

Можно банить (несовершенный вид), забанить (сов.вид), разбанить (сов.) и разбанивать (несов.)

Edited by Siberiano on 24 March 2011 at 10:10am

2 persons have voted this message useful

Mrs. Dalloway
Triglot
Groupie
Italy
Joined 4719 days ago

70 posts - 95 votes 
Speaks: Italian*, EnglishC2, Russian
Studies: GermanA2, French, Danish

Message 52 of 77
18 April 2011 at 7:31am | IP Logged 
Hi everyone! My name's Giulia, I'm 17 years old and I've lived in Italy most of my life. I'm now taking part to a high school exchange programme, been living in Russia 8 months already.

When I arrived, I only knew three words: привет, яблоко, тут.
The first motnhs were hell. I didn't understand anything and nobody could understand me.
Once I started to attend my Russian lessons with my teacher (AFS, my association, assures this service) and I could more easily get through the maze of grammatical structures, everything went better.
In June I'll travel to Moscow to give the certification exam, level B1. Which in the British scale would be somewhere between B2 and C1, though. Just imagine that level B2 is necessary for those who want to study Philology at the university in Russia!

I've fallen in love with Russia and don't want to go back home.
Still, that's what I'll be doing in two months.

Ну, давайте по-русски!
Привет всем! Меня зовут Джулия, мне 17 лет и самую большую часть моей жизни я провела в Италии. Я приняла участие в международной программе и я живу в России уже 8 месяцев.

Когда я приехала сюда, я знала всего 3 слова: привет, яблоко, тут.
В первых месяцах было кошмар. Никто меня не понял и я никого не поняла.
Но после того, как я начала изучать язык с преподавательем, всё стало лучше и, говоря о грамматических структурах, "более понятно".
В Июне я буду ехать в Москву, чтобы сдавать экзамен по русскому языку - уровень В1. Но такой уровень, на самом деле не точный. Если бы этот был экзамен по английскому, он бы считался между В2 и С1 уровенями. Просто представьте себе: сертификат на В2 уровени нужен тем, которые хотят поступать на факультет Филологии в России!

Я влюбилась в Россию и не хочу возвращаться.
Тем не менее, через два месяца нужно будет.

Edited by Mrs. Dalloway on 21 April 2011 at 3:10pm

5 persons have voted this message useful

vladfilatov
Russian Federation
Joined 4640 days ago

1 posts - 1 votes

Message 53 of 77
06 July 2011 at 3:52pm | IP Logged 
Good evening, I'm russian.

If you wanna learn russian you can write me. I help you with russian, you help me with English a little.

Thx a lot.

ICQ 365937480

galwacco
Triglot
Haiti
Joined 4617 days ago

2 posts - 2 votes
Speaks: Portuguese*, EnglishC2, GermanB2
Studies: Russian, Romanian

Message 54 of 77
09 August 2011 at 8:16pm | IP Logged 
Здравствуйте, друзья!

I've been in love with Russian language and culture since some 12 years ago. In 1999 to
2001 I had the opportunity to work with the Slavic people while living in the USA. Back
then I did learn a good deal of Russian, down to the point where I could understand
pretty much everything that was being said around me. I was even able to form many
sentences in Russian, the problem is that I was always with an English speaking
partner, so the entire situation was too comfortable to bother studying it deeper. Not
that I didn't want really, but as English wasn't my mother tongue as well, I had to
spend most of the time studying English, while my heart was deeply set in the Russian
language and culture. So, after I returned to Brazil, I always flerted with the idea of
studying Russiam, but time was just inexistent.

A couple of months ago, as I was reading a book from Steve Kaufmann ( the linguist -
you many know it ) my passion of language studying restarted! I had all my Russian
Grammar books and dictionaries unpacked from the basement and restarted my good ol'
routine of memorizing vocabulary.

Just one thing I do not have, and can't seem to find in Brazil ( do not have an
international credit card either ) which is books, I just cannot find a decent
bookstore to buy literature books in Russian in Brazil.

So, if anyone here happen to know a link for any public domain book in Russian so I can
download it and read, I'd sincerely appreciate it!

Thanks a lot!

Mrs. Dalloway
Triglot
Groupie
Italy
Joined 4719 days ago

70 posts - 95 votes 
Speaks: Italian*, EnglishC2, Russian
Studies: GermanA2, French, Danish

Message 55 of 77
10 August 2011 at 3:42am | IP Logged 
galwacco wrote:
So, if anyone here happen to know a link for any public domain book in Russian so I can
download it and read, I'd sincerely appreciate it!

Thanks a lot!

Actually, Russian literature is free of copyright. You can find lots of novels on various sites just by typing their original name on Google (:

Just an example: here are the first two results I got by searching "Душечка Чехов" on Google, Душечка being a story by Chekhov.

http://lib.ru/LITRA/CHEHOW/dushechka.txt
http://ilibrary.ru/text/995/p.1/index.html

Or go on the Russian version on Wikisource (:

s0fist
Diglot
United States
Joined 4796 days ago

260 posts - 445 votes 
Speaks: Russian*, English
Studies: Sign Language, German, Spanish, French

Message 56 of 77
10 August 2011 at 6:57am | IP Logged 
Mrs. Dalloway wrote:
Actually, Russian literature is free of copyright.

Not at all!

Russian literature is just as much in copyright as any other language's literature.

Having said that, for various reasons mostly legal-bureaucratic ones, there's orders of magnitude more of freely distributed material (both legal and pirated) than otherwise (read sanctioned by the bureaucracy that is Russian legal system).

Technically, my guess would be that most of Russian content on googlebooks is in breach of Russian copyright law, even for works that are 'given away' by the authors, since the law basically requires explicit written, notarized, signed, triplicate legal documentation for each separate work from all rights holders, regardless of whether or not the author has given consent to free distribution of his work in any other shape or form.

As such it's very inconvenient for online stores (imagine having to track down thousands of authors and make them sign legal contracts, before you can make a dime, and legal work's not free btw) and authors (who have to go through hours of legal works to produce paperwork for any and every schmuck that wants to opens a website business to sell books). I hope some major reforms into coming to simplify this for everybody's benefit -- the authors, electronic/print publishers, and consumers, excepting the lawyers, but nobody likes those folks.

However, just like in English, French, etc most CLASSICS are out of copyright by now. And lots of authors have indeed proclaimed theirs works as 'given away' (even though legally you might as well have whispered that information into the infamous Schroedinger's pet's ear before you sack it). Moreover, there's less or almost none legal precedents against individual downloaders.

So, here's some of the best and biggest online Russian libraries:

www.lib.rus.ec     (probably the largest, operating out of Ecuador)
lib.ru          &n bsp;   (one of the the largest, oldest, and more respected ones)
lib.aldebaran.ru   (one of the the largest, oldest, and more respected ones)
FictionBook.ru
www.flibusta.net

There are others but really those resources are so large that it's unlikely you'll fall short. You can find translations of pretty much any major works of literature as well, just might make it easier to make a bilingual book yourself.

If you find yourself in a moral dilemma, go for works that are out of copyright or have been given away by their authors (not that uncommon since it's nearly impossible to make any real money for all but superstar authors at least for the moment), or consider buying a physical or electronic copy to support your favorite authors. The biggest and oldest are ozon.ru and books.ru I think they still ship overseas too, or litres.ru for ebooks have not used it but it's fairly big as well.

Edited by s0fist on 10 August 2011 at 7:00am

3 persons have voted this message useful

This discussion contains 77 messages over 10 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 68 9 10  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version