Language Learning Forum : Language Learning Log Post Reply
172 messages over 22 pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 1 ... 21 22 Next >>
Sprachprofi
Nonaglot
Germany
learnlangs.comRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 6258 days ago

2608 posts - 4866 votes 
Speaks: German*, English, French, Esperanto, Greek, Mandarin, Latin, Dutch, Italian
Studies: Spanish, Arabic (Written), Swahili, Indonesian, Japanese, Modern Hebrew, Portuguese

Message 1 of 172
29 November 2010 at 8:40pm | IP Logged 
doviende, amuzulo and I, and quite possibly Volte as well, will be engaging in a Dutch
challenge in the new year, starting January 3rd 2011. Just a fun little thing between
friends, nothing too competitive, har har.

Any forum members are welcome to join in, testing their methods and discipline against
ours. Who is game?

(Someone seems to have moved this to the logs, but it's not a log, it's a request for
participation)

Edited by Sprachprofi on 30 November 2010 at 9:38am

1 person has voted this message useful

noriyuki_nomura
Bilingual Octoglot
Switzerland
Joined 5128 days ago

304 posts - 465 votes 
Speaks: English*, Mandarin*, Japanese, FrenchC2, GermanC2, ItalianC1, SpanishB2, DutchB1
Studies: TurkishA1, Korean

Message 2 of 172
29 November 2010 at 8:55pm | IP Logged 
Hoi Sprachprofi: I would love to join, since it would give me more 'motivation' to learn the language together with someone else, though I don't know how we are going to go about doing it together...:)

Marc94
Diglot
United States
Joined 5034 days ago

32 posts - 50 votes
Speaks: English*, German
Studies: Russian

Message 3 of 172
30 November 2010 at 1:06am | IP Logged 
I wish I could participate in this, as I really want to learn Dutch.
If only if it were a February challenge, as then my easier semester in school would start :(

Anyways, good luck to the rest of you guys!

Vini
Diglot
Brazil
Joined 4896 days ago

24 posts - 22 votes
Speaks: Portuguese*, English
Studies: Latin, Dutch

Message 4 of 172
30 November 2010 at 1:08am | IP Logged 
I'd love to learn Dutch, Actually it is currently my target language... So I'd definitely join this! I registered this forum so I could get some guidance on how I'd start studying Dutch by myself...

ellasevia
Super Polyglot
Winner TAC 2011
Germany
Joined 5930 days ago

2150 posts - 3229 votes 
Speaks: English*, German, Croatian, Greek, French, Spanish, Russian, Swedish, Portuguese, Turkish, Italian
Studies: Catalan, Persian, Mandarin, Japanese, Romanian, Ukrainian

Message 5 of 172
30 November 2010 at 5:01am | IP Logged 
Sprachprofi, could you give us some more details about what exactly we would be doing? Would the challenge last only for the month of January? Would we be using the same materials, or just whatever we like individually? As I already have some knowledge of Dutch from former studies, would I still be eligible to join the group?

Another idea I just thought of -- maybe we could get a native Dutch speaker from the forum to join our group too to help us out with any difficulties, pronunciation, conversation, corrections, etc. Anybody willing?

Edited by ellasevia on 30 November 2010 at 5:11am

Omenapuu00
Tetraglot
United States
Joined 4896 days ago

10 posts - 19 votes
Speaks: English*, Spanish, Russian, Swedish

Message 6 of 172
30 November 2010 at 6:54am | IP Logged 
Hey there I am new to this forum but I have been keeping up with it in a non-member status for some time. This sounds like an interesting challenge, I'd like to be part of it!

Sprachprofi
Nonaglot
Germany
learnlangs.comRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 6258 days ago

2608 posts - 4866 votes 
Speaks: German*, English, French, Esperanto, Greek, Mandarin, Latin, Dutch, Italian
Studies: Spanish, Arabic (Written), Swahili, Indonesian, Japanese, Modern Hebrew, Portuguese

Message 7 of 172
30 November 2010 at 9:38am | IP Logged 
ellasevia wrote:
Sprachprofi, could you give us some more details about what exactly
we would be doing? Would the challenge last only for the month of January? Would we be
using the same materials, or just whatever we like individually? As I already have some
knowledge of Dutch from former studies, would I still be eligible to join the group?

This is just about exploiting our competitive streak as motivation to make a lot of
progress in that month. Some of us will visiting the Netherlands in February, though
the exact dates are not set. Because of that, we should do an evaluation of our
progress by the end of January even if some will continue to study then.

You should use whatever materials or methods you deem best - should be fun to compare
the results. And yes, you are eligible even with some prior knowledge; amuzulo isn't
starting from scratch either, and since I know German I might as well claim a basic
level already; I'll be focusing on developing active abilities.

ReneeMona
Diglot
Netherlands
Joined 5123 days ago

864 posts - 1274 votes 
Speaks: Dutch*, EnglishC2
Studies: French

Message 8 of 172
30 November 2010 at 11:45am | IP Logged 
ellasevia wrote:
Another idea I just thought of -- maybe we could get a native Dutch speaker from the forum to join our group too to help us out with any difficulties, pronunciation, conversation, corrections, etc. Anybody willing?

I'd love to help. ;-)

2 persons have voted this message useful

This discussion contains 172 messages over 22 pages: 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version