80 messages over 10 pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 7 ... 9 10 Next >>
prz_
Tetraglot
Poland
last.fm/user/prz_rul
Joined 4648 days ago

890 posts - 1190 votes 
Speaks: Polish*, English, Bulgarian, Croatian
Studies: Slovenian, Macedonian, Persian, Russian, Turkish, Ukrainian, Dutch, Swedish, German, Italian, Armenian, Kurdish

Message 49 of 80
22 July 2012 at 3:46pm | IP Logged 
Okay, so it's time for some news from Prz_ Language Planet.

Deutsch... Konjugationen, Deklinationen und so weiter. Ich habe einige von ihnen umgeschrieben und jetzt... Jetzt es ist Zeit für Lernen ;)
Aber ich muss sagen, dass für mich ist weniger leren die neue Sprachen als Deutsch. Warum? Es sieht aus wie es ist weniger zu leren eine Sprache, die haben wir kennen gelernt in der Vergangenheit, aber es ist nicht richtig. + du siehst, wie viel weiß du nicht bereits. Ja... Aber seit heute beginne ich wiederholen :)
(Ihr könnt meinen text korigieren - wenn ihr Lust habt ;) )

Български... Да бъда честен, нямаше да направя нищо сериозно с моя български освен по-доброто или по-лошото преподаване на български на лагера ми, слушане на Радио Хоризонт (чух в ефира за атентата в Бургас - това се казва късмет) и... имам обсесия за една чалгавата песен ;)
www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcVN2MzQ_6E
Но не се грижете, не съм чалгаджия. Но също немам нищо против нея. Особене по времето на ваканция ;)
Традиционно - корекциите са приветствани :)

Svenska: Min svenska... ännu hemsk, men redan ser jag förbättring.

If it comes to the rest of my languages: I listen a lot to Slovene, Macedonian, Czech and Russian radios. If it comes to English, I experiment with BBC 2, RTE1. But at long last, BBC 2 seems to be the most suitable for me. Nevertheless, if you can recommend me some nice radios with both music and news - feel free to write about it ;)
I also have fun with my самоучитель русского языка - it's rather easy, so I don't have to take much efforts ;) Worse with my reading of <<Одиночество в сети>> (the same with Harry Potter in Czech) - and I want to succeed in the Super Challenge... Good luck, prz_.

Anche, io guardo molte informazioni a Italia (Mi piace Rai Uno <3 ). E ieri ho guardato un film molto piacevole "Due partite" da 2009. La parte seconda ho stato molto difficile per me, ma la prima - ho capito MOLTO! Shock :D

و فارسیم ـ خیلی بد :/ That's definitely not the proper activity of a student who doesn't want to be kicked from his faculty... But, to be honest, I'm not sure if Persian was a good second choice. Nevertheless, as for now, I won't give up.

Generally - not bad, but always could've been better.
1 person has voted this message useful

prz_
Tetraglot
Poland
last.fm/user/prz_rul
Joined 4648 days ago

890 posts - 1190 votes 
Studies: Slovenian, Macedonian, Persian, Russian, Turkish, Ukrainian, Dutch, Swedish, German, Italian, Armenian, Kurdish

Message 50 of 80
13 August 2012 at 2:38am | IP Logged 
Just a short reflection tonight.
Many people consider A1 level as almost nothing. I was the same for many years but going deeper... I've realized that even for A1 tests you have to know lots of expressions, nouns and ESPECIALLY verbs - this is no joke. I even find A1->A2, B1 or even B1->B2 progress easier than A0->A1. So don't underestimate people, who know some languages at A1 level ;)

prz_
Tetraglot
Poland
last.fm/user/prz_rul
Joined 4648 days ago

890 posts - 1190 votes 

Message 51 of 80
15 June 2013 at 9:53pm | IP Logged 
Ekhm... Hello back. Long time haven't been writing here, don't you think so?

Yeah... In fact, I don't know how to start. Ok, I'll tell it straight: I had some kind of nervous breakdown, I could say. It was caused by several factors and well... luckily, I think I'm finally out of it.
But I don't have to say that my languages have suffered a lot because of that, with quitting Persian philology on top (it doesn't mean that I've finished with Persian definitely, I just... need a little break).
So, now I finish, or trying to finish, my bachelor's degree in Slavic languages. I've already passed Slovenian, soon Bulgarian and Macedonian and then only Russian left. And, of course, writing a BA dissertation, but that is a horse of another colour.
So, yeah, trying to learn something, but, unfortunately I struggle with concentration problems, probably even worse then earlier. I don't really know how to cope with that.

The positive thing is that I've started hitchhiking, what's been also very beneficial for "my" languages. Now I have a proof that in a face 2 face contact I can learn MUCH FASTER. Well, until it's not a language like Hungarian (yuck! I mean, yuck when even with a pocketful of phrases written down on paper you barely survive, let alone what would be without them... And I'm not really a master of body language :( ).
On August I'm going to hitchhike from Poland to Northern Spain, visiting a couple of countries, so, except learning the Slavic languages, I'm dabbling (because I can't call it a different way) in French - it's not my first dabbling in Français, so somehow I go ahead... Worse that if I want to survive fairly well, I'll have to learn also some Spanish (which I call "the most boring language in the world") and, concerning the fact that most likely I'll land in Catalonia, I'll have to know a couple of phrases in Catalan... Stupid people who don't speak English :/ (And I'm not an Anglophile, really).

Well, it seems everything as for now. I listen to several radio stations; unfortunately my participation in the Language Challenge has been frozen... So, my chances to succeed it are extremely small.
That's all, folks!

prz_
Tetraglot
Poland
last.fm/user/prz_rul
Joined 4648 days ago

890 posts - 1190 votes 

Message 52 of 80
28 June 2013 at 1:53pm | IP Logged 
Ok, I've thought it's time for some serious update, even if it's not as much as I've expected.

First of all: имам много проблеми с моята лекторка по български език. хубаво, нали? И наистина не знам какво ще бъде със следването ми...

Secondly: my language challenge is a piece of crap. I can't see myself succeeding. (Btw., the website of LC has partially crashed down :P )

Positives: I dabble something in French due to my visit in France in August. I've read a bit of Paulo Coelho's "Zahir" in Russian and, during the "awesome" sleepless night in the trains' corridor, while coming back from the concert in Warsaw, I've read the first volume of "Bakuman" manga my friend asked me to bring from the capital. Quite nice.

Plus on the day after tomorrow I'll start my hitchhiking travel to Slovenia, so, yeah... great chance to improve my Slovenian.

prz_
Tetraglot
Poland
last.fm/user/prz_rul
Joined 4648 days ago

890 posts - 1190 votes 

Message 53 of 80
02 July 2013 at 12:20pm | IP Logged 
To finally write something positive. .. lep pozdrav iz Ljubljane. Fantastic place, grear fun witg my
slovenianfriends and now i have a proof that while talking i learn extremely fast.

Ps i hate writing with smartphones...

prz_
Tetraglot
Poland
last.fm/user/prz_rul
Joined 4648 days ago

890 posts - 1190 votes 

Message 54 of 80
30 July 2013 at 12:09am | IP Logged 
It took so long for me to update and finally write something, nevertheless - here I am.

My stay in Slovenia was amazing. Well, maybe except being in Maribor, where I've hitchhiked for 6 hours (but at the end of the day it was rewarding - I've met fantastic people] and a dozen or so in Murska Sobota (this one wasn't that much rewarding :P)
As I wrote, I was really surprised how easy I was absorbing new words. Nobody has wanted me to switch to English.
With Serbo-Bosnian-Croatian was different though. Several people wanted me to switch to English. But well, my knowledge of BSC-SCB-BCS was built by songs, radios and some fils, so...
I knew how big mistake I made in 2011, when, coming from Macedonia, I had lots of stuff to do and I blew off MK. The effects were tragic - and at the end of my stay I've felt I'm lower intermiedate! So I try not to make this mistake one more time and it's definitely better, but still - I could work a little bit harder...

Except Slovenian, Serbo-Bosnian-Croatian continuum and, of course, English, I was able to speak a little bit German [number 4 I would say], Russian, Bulgarian and even some sentences in Italian. My Achilles hill was definitely Turkish - it's good to know this language when you're hitchhiking, especially all the way through Balkans... The same with Romanian. I also remember that I saw a registration plate with "BG" and I started talking to one truck driver in Bulgarian... and he was Serbian :D

Now, with my friend, I'll hitchhike in Western Europe. That's why I've started [again...] learning French. Anki + "French For Beginners" book in Polish - quite old, from 70's, but with a very good grammar. I should learn a little bit more, but I guess I would already communicate... somehow ;) Much worse with Spanish, but also with this I'll try to do sth. The most afraid I'm of Catalan.

Oh - and I've finally come back to the language challenge! And I've read my first book in Czech in my entire life! Well, nevermind that it was the first part of Harry Potter... Now I read "S@motność w sieci" - "Loneliness in the net" in Russian (it's a Polish book, but seems to be quite popular in Russia).. Hmm, and I think that's all for now.
2 persons have voted this message useful

prz_
Tetraglot
Poland
last.fm/user/prz_rul
Joined 4648 days ago

890 posts - 1190 votes 

Message 55 of 80
08 September 2013 at 8:23pm | IP Logged 
Short summary of what has happened during the last [a little bit more than a] month.

1] Our hitch-hiking trip wasn't much of a success... We haven't managed to get to the south - neither Andorra nor Spain - due to enormous bad luck [sleeping under the roller-blind of someone's flat and in a huge plant pot, respectively, at gas station, near the motorway's péage and at Place de la Concorde, accompanied by rats - isn't it marvellous? [I'd also like to mention my friend's emotional breakdown, but let the details remain a secret]. Hitch-hiking in Île-de-France is horrible. Any positives? Some conversations in French - even if with sometimes amusing mistakes, I was able to communicate, although once - who knows if not because of me - we were taken through the wrong road which caused our situation even worse. + THIS dictionary

2] Finally, I have a smartphone and I've installed Anki. It's amazing - when I'm bored, I simply open Anki app and I'm in heaven :D Pitty only that some languages are completely unrepresented and there's no other way than creating own flashcards [and unfortunately I'm very lazy/procrastinated].

3] I've started learning Finnish! As for now, my progress is quite slow - we'll see if I'll go on.

4] The best news amongst all - if nothing bad happens, I'll go Georgia and Armenia! I've already bought tickets for a late November. It seems to be the most [gosh, I can't even find a proper adjective in Polish - let's say, breathtaking - for lack of anything better] trip in my life. I hope I'll survive...

Edited by prz_ on 28 September 2013 at 12:52am

prz_
Tetraglot
Poland
last.fm/user/prz_rul
Joined 4648 days ago

890 posts - 1190 votes 

Message 56 of 80
27 December 2013 at 11:23pm | IP Logged 
The new chapter of my log will be published soon; now I'd only like to inform you that I'm still alive.

This discussion contains 80 messages over 10 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 68 9 10  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version