Language Learning Forum : Language Learning Log Post Reply
48 messages over 6 pages: 1 2 35 6  Next >>
zecchino1991
United States
facebook.com/amyybur
Joined 5070 days ago

778 posts - 885 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Italian, Modern Hebrew, Russian, Arabic (Written), Romanian, Icelandic, Georgian

Message 25 of 48
18 January 2012 at 7:28pm | IP Logged 
No, not yet. I still need to find someone would be willing to skype with me every week or every other week.
Not that I have even started looking yet..;P
1 person has voted this message useful

hrhenry
Octoglot
United States
languagehopper.blogs
Joined 4942 days ago

1871 posts - 3642 votes 
Speaks: English*, SpanishC2, ItalianC2, Norwegian, Catalan, Galician, Turkish, Portuguese
Studies: Polish, Indonesian, Ojibwe

Message 26 of 48
21 January 2012 at 11:18pm | IP Logged 
I'm currently looking for interesting Georgian twitter feeds to follow. This wasn't part of my plan, but it's proven so useful for me with Turkish that I'd like to carry that over to Georgian too.

So far I've only found "GeorgianTag" and am now following them. They're not very active, though.

If any Georgian native or learner knows of any good twitter feeds to follow, I'd very much appreciate any recommendations.

R.
==

Edited by hrhenry on 21 January 2012 at 11:18pm

hrhenry
Octoglot
United States
languagehopper.blogs
Joined 4942 days ago

1871 posts - 3642 votes 
Speaks: English*, SpanishC2, ItalianC2, Norwegian, Catalan, Galician, Turkish, Portuguese

Message 27 of 48
23 January 2012 at 6:12pm | IP Logged 
I finally got around to installing and setting up Learning With Texts. I gotta say, it rocks! I got an answer right here on HTLAL to get Georgian correctly set up.

So I've entered the first song I've learned into the system and added the audio to be able to follow.

I'm going to be adding all my lessons from the Kiziria course too.

I'm still having a problem using the online dictionary I want to use though - http://www.targmne.com/. I'm able to use Google Translate fine, but I'd like to find a way to get another dictionary added.

Anybody know of a good Georgian > English online dictionary that doesn't use Flash or something not so straightforward?

R.
==

shawns
Diglot
United States
Joined 5106 days ago

20 posts - 24 votes
Speaks: English*, Japanese
Studies: Georgian

Message 28 of 48
23 January 2012 at 6:53pm | IP Logged 
Translate.ge is okay and doesn't use flash. I think targmne is based off the same paper dictionary that
translate.ge is, namely the old jaladze one. They return the same, strange definitions for Georgian words.

hrhenry
Octoglot
United States
languagehopper.blogs
Joined 4942 days ago

1871 posts - 3642 votes 

Message 29 of 48
23 January 2012 at 7:16pm | IP Logged 
shawns wrote:
Translate.ge is okay and doesn't use flash.

Yeah, I tried that one too. Didn't work within LWT. Maybe I just have the wrong variables being passed, but Google Translate works fine within LWT.

R.
==

shawns
Diglot
United States
Joined 5106 days ago

20 posts - 24 votes
Speaks: English*, Japanese
Studies: Georgian

Message 30 of 48
24 January 2012 at 2:15am | IP Logged 
Could yo link the HTLAL post containing the info for setting up LWT for Georgian?

Thanks

hrhenry
Octoglot
United States
languagehopper.blogs
Joined 4942 days ago

1871 posts - 3642 votes 

Message 31 of 48
24 January 2012 at 2:19am | IP Logged 
shawns wrote:
Could yo link the HTLAL post containing the info for setting up LWT for Georgian?

Thanks

Sure. It's here.

R.
==

hrhenry
Octoglot
United States
languagehopper.blogs
Joined 4942 days ago

1871 posts - 3642 votes 

Message 32 of 48
03 February 2012 at 7:21am | IP Logged 
I've been working my little fingers to the bone these last two weeks, so I haven't had much time to keep track of what I've been studying, other than at a high level.

I've gone through lessons 4, 5 and 6 of the Kiziria book.

It's just about that time again to pick another song to learn. I think I'm going to go with Murdoc's suggestion to learn a song by 33a, although I don't know which one yet. There are plenty nice songs to choose from, though.

Oh, and I've only got two more lessons to complete in my 8 week challenge, which is due in a week. Think I can pull it off? I know I can, but I'll probably have to go back and review the two lessons I'll end up rushing through to complete the challenge. Is that cheating? ;)

R.
==

This discussion contains 48 messages over 6 pages: << Prev 1 2 35 6  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version