Language Learning Forum : Language Learning Log Post Reply
199 messages over 25 pages: << Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 21 ... 24 25 Next >>
zecchino1991
United States
facebook.com/amyybur
Joined 5054 days ago

778 posts - 885 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Italian, Modern Hebrew, Russian, Arabic (Written), Romanian, Icelandic, Georgian

Message 161 of 199
11 March 2013 at 8:23pm | IP Logged 
Спасибо большое!
1 person has voted this message useful

zecchino1991
United States
facebook.com/amyybur
Joined 5054 days ago

778 posts - 885 votes 
Studies: Italian, Modern Hebrew, Russian, Arabic (Written), Romanian, Icelandic, Georgian

Message 162 of 199
15 March 2013 at 5:06pm | IP Logged 
Well I got my test back yesterday, and as it turns out, I didn't do any worse than I
normally do, somehow. I got 98 percent, when normally I get about 99. But there is a
big difference between 99 and 98. The way she grades makes no sense, but that's fine
with me! See, she gives you two free mistakes, and after that I think she just wings
it. Or maybe not...I don't know, and I don't really care, 'cause it works out fine for
me, whatever she's doing! ;)

Anyway, this test made me realize I need to work on cases, especially with pronouns. (I
forgot how to say "с ней!"). And I've found that I have to think really hard to decline
things properly on the fly. That's obviously no good for conversation, which my teacher
claims she wants us to practice, but yells at us when we do. So I guess I am going to
have to work on that elsewhere, which I should obviously be doing anyway!
:)

zecchino1991
United States
facebook.com/amyybur
Joined 5054 days ago

778 posts - 885 votes 

Message 163 of 199
18 March 2013 at 7:52pm | IP Logged 
Can someone tell me if this is ok, and if not what do I need to fix?:

В центре города есть старый театр, и близко от театра есть большая площадь. На площади есть
памятник и несколько магазинов. В городе есть также много хороших музеев. Самый заменитый
музей находится на юге города. Рядом с моим домом есть почта и новая библиотека, и напротив
почты есть церковь. В городе есть автобусы, но метро нет.

Марк
Russian Federation
Joined 4852 days ago

2096 posts - 2972 votes 
Speaks: Russian*

Message 164 of 199
18 March 2013 at 8:21pm | IP Logged 
zecchino1991 wrote:
Can someone tell me if this is ok, and if not what do I need to
fix?:

В центре города есть старый театр, и близко от театра есть большая площадь. На площади
есть
памятник и несколько магазинов. В городе есть также много хороших музеев. Самый заменитый
музей находится на юге города. Рядом с моим домом есть почта и новая библиотека, и
напротив
почты есть церковь. В городе есть автобусы, но метро нет.

Yes, I can. That's OK.
2 persons have voted this message useful

zecchino1991
United States
facebook.com/amyybur
Joined 5054 days ago

778 posts - 885 votes 

Message 165 of 199
25 March 2013 at 5:02am | IP Logged 
Thank you! I had to read that in front of my class and my teacher made a funny face at
me because apparently I was supposed to talk about an actual city and not a made-up
one. All she told me was хорошее произношение and без ошибок. So that's good enough I
guess! :)

Anyway, I don't have much to write here, but I want to update so I'll just say what
I've been doing in class. Last week we had a "dictation" (i.e. a spelling test). We
have a test on Thursday. The theme of our chapter is "Kак попасть?" It's about
достопримечательности (surprisingly, that was one of the easiest words to spell on the
diktant! ;). It also goes into more detail about the verbs of motion. That's the main
grammar thing in this chapter. Well that's all I can really say for now. I'll come back
whenever I need to write something for class. Do svidaniya. :)

2 persons have voted this message useful

zecchino1991
United States
facebook.com/amyybur
Joined 5054 days ago

778 posts - 885 votes 

Message 166 of 199
26 March 2013 at 3:54am | IP Logged 
I was doing my homework today and we had to use instrumental case. I thought I was going
to have to go back to my book and review it, but actually I pretty much remembered it
from looking at the examples and doing the exercises. This reminded me that I really need
to work on cases, I get confused with them a lot. But I'm getting used to it. I have a
test on Thursday, so I should probably work on that before then.

zecchino1991
United States
facebook.com/amyybur
Joined 5054 days ago

778 posts - 885 votes 

Message 167 of 199
28 March 2013 at 9:19pm | IP Logged 
Well I had my test. It was ok, but I forgot how to say "call" and "meet" (звонить и встречаться). I think I
forgot "meet" on the last test too...Oh well, at least we get two free mistakes.

zecchino1991
United States
facebook.com/amyybur
Joined 5054 days ago

778 posts - 885 votes 

Message 168 of 199
29 March 2013 at 6:49am | IP Logged 
This is really random and I don't know if anyone will know the answer, but why is the name Heather written as
Хизер in Russian? Why do they use an И?

This discussion contains 199 messages over 25 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version