Register  Login  Active Topics  Maps  

TAC ’13: Kofoholici (Team Kofola- CZ, SK)

Language Learning Forum : Language Learning Log Post Reply
148 messages over 19 pages: 13 4 5 6 7 ... 2 ... 18 19 Next >>
nuriayasmin70
Diglot
Germany
languagesandbeyoRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 4311 days ago

132 posts - 162 votes 
Speaks: German*, English
Studies: SpanishB1, Portuguese, Czech, Hungarian

Message 9 of 148
10 December 2012 at 6:11pm | IP Logged 
Team kofola sounds great to me, too. And I'm happy to see that our team has more members than I had expected. I don't have a lot of time for language learning this month as I'm redecorating my flat and also work a lot but I hope for a fresh start in January. I'm focusing on Czech but have a Slovak textbook at home, too and find it interesting to compare both languages. My Czech is still very very basic and I hope to learn a lot from the other team members.
1 person has voted this message useful

Lapislazuli
Tetraglot
Austria
Joined 6826 days ago

146 posts - 170 votes 
Speaks: German*, EnglishC2, Swedish, ItalianB1
Studies: French, Hungarian, Esperanto, Czech

Message 10 of 148
11 December 2012 at 10:25am | IP Logged 
Hello to all team-members! It's nice to see how many we are now and I am really looking forward to this. I had some halfhearted starts with Czech so far, in times where I had a lot of motivation for it but not nearly enough time. From now on it looks like there will also be the time to get more serious about studying Czech, so it seems to me like there is no better time for joining the TAC then now.

I like Chung's name-suggestion for the team. I never tried kofola before, but I'll definitely have to!

Chung
Diglot
Joined 6946 days ago

4228 posts - 8259 votes 
20 sounds
Speaks: English*, French
Studies: Polish, Slovak, Uzbek, Turkish, Korean, Finnish

Message 11 of 148
11 December 2012 at 7:22pm | IP Logged 
Based on the reception so far, I've updated the team's information.

Instead of merely copying the original marketing slogan for the motto, I've modified it to reflect somewhat better the idea of studying (and also reduce the chance of Kofola-Hoop S.A.'s lawyers issuing an order to cease and desist :-P). The motto is understood as "When you devote yourself to her (i.e. Czech or Slovak), there's nothing to figure out".

Thanks for your kind words

hribecek
Triglot
Czech Republic
Joined 5139 days ago

1243 posts - 1458 votes 
Speaks: English*, Czech, Spanish
Studies: Italian, Polish, Slovak, Hungarian, Toki Pona, Russian

Message 12 of 148
11 December 2012 at 10:15pm | IP Logged 
I think I'll have to drink Kofola even more now to make sure I really become a Kofaholic.

I once gave my visiting friend Kofola and didn't tell him it wasn't coke and he spat it out and said "what the f**k is wrong with this coke!?"

Chung
Diglot
Joined 6946 days ago

4228 posts - 8259 votes 
20 sounds

Message 13 of 148
11 December 2012 at 11:24pm | IP Logged 
Kofola is a slightly acquired taste, but I can't imagine having any other soft drink (well, there's also Vinea) when I'm in Czech Republic or Slovakia.

Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6387 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds
Speaks: Russian*, English, FinnishC1, Latin, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese
Studies: Danish, Romanian, Polish, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Croatian, Slovenian, Catalan, Czech, Galician, Dutch, Swedish

Message 14 of 148
12 December 2012 at 12:41am | IP Logged 
I've never heard of Kofola! Is it available in Poland?

I love the term guardian angel. I'd certainly prefer to be called that rather than "godmother" :D

Chung
Diglot
Joined 6946 days ago

4228 posts - 8259 votes 
20 sounds

Message 15 of 148
12 December 2012 at 12:55am | IP Logged 
I've never seen the drink in Poland (then again it's never occurred to me to look for it there) even though the manufacturer of Kofola merged with the Polish soft-drink producer Hoop in 2008.

Brun Ugle
Diglot
Norway
brunugle.wordpress.c
Joined 6410 days ago

1292 posts - 1766 votes 
Speaks: English*, NorwegianC1
Studies: Japanese, Esperanto, Spanish, Finnish

Message 16 of 148
15 December 2012 at 10:43am | IP Logged 
I am posting this on the main sign-up thread and on all team logs.

This is a special announcement for all teams, certain ones more than others:

-The purpose of TAC teams is to support, help and encourage each other. “All for one and one for all.” That means reading each other’s logs, and commenting them where appropriate. It also means no more bickering.

- It the future all teams will be closed upon reaching 15 members, and new teams will be formed for those languages. Should a new team only attract a few members (about 5-7 depending on the team members prior TAC experience) by the sign-up deadline (31 January 2013), they will be merged with the original team. If in the course of the year, the teams lose half their members, they may also choose to merge. Any team that already has more than 15 members will not be divided, but they will not be allowed to add new members.

- Each team is to choose a team leader by Tuesday, 18. December. Inform me of your choice by then. The leader must have prior TAC experience unless there is no such person on the team. The leader is to keep me up-to-date regarding their team.

- I have created a French team and a Spanish team. Anyone studying those languages may choose to join them if they wish. The original Romance teams will remain in existence for those who are studying other Romance languages or who are interested in multiple languages. Note that even if you are only studying French or Spanish you may choose to be on a Romance team rather than a single language team. If there is enough interest for an Italian, Portuguese or Romanian team, I will create one. However, I would like those who may be interested in such a team to gather at least 5 team members before asking me to form the team.

I am sorry to have to make these additional rules, however it is obvious that certain teams are already on the verge of falling apart and a number of more experienced TAC members have noticed this and sent me PM’s requesting that I do something.

This discussion contains 148 messages over 19 pages: << Prev 13 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version