Amerykanka
Hexaglot
United States
Joined 4990 days ago

657 posts - 890 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish, Polish, Latin, Ancient Greek, Russian

Message 153 of 177
28 November 2013 at 5:55pm | IP Logged 
I haven't been around as much as I would have liked over the last few months, but I would like to say thank you to Mooby for his great leadership! Your log is always entertaining and informative, and you have done an excellent job in motivating everyone.

As for next year, I can't promise that I will have all the time I'd like for Polish, but if Team Żubr continues into 2014, I would love to be a part of it.

I will be posting in my log at some point before the end of the week to give a massive update/summary. Now I have to go deal with all of my homework . . .

Edited by Amerykanka on 28 November 2013 at 5:56pm

1 person has voted this message useful

Fuenf_Katzen
Diglot
United States
notjustajd.wordpress
Joined 4188 days ago

337 posts - 476 votes 
Speaks: English*, German
Studies: Polish, Ukrainian, Afrikaans

Message 154 of 177
01 December 2013 at 7:25pm | IP Logged 
Mooby has been a wonderful leader--I had a lot of inactive periods throughout the year, but very often something that I would read in his logs (and Amerykanka and Chung's) would motivate me to start studying again. You guys have been a great team!

Chung
Diglot
Joined 6975 days ago

4228 posts - 8259 votes 
20 sounds
Speaks: English*, French
Studies: Polish, Slovak, Uzbek, Turkish, Korean, Finnish

Message 155 of 177
03 December 2013 at 6:45am | IP Logged 
Update for Polish

Mooby
Scotland
Joined 5924 days ago

707 posts - 1219 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Polish

Message 156 of 177
09 December 2013 at 10:38pm | IP Logged 
IMPORTANT   -   PLEASE READ

With the new TAC just a couple of weeks away, let's talk about the future of the European bison; aka us!

Having mulled long enough I've decided that I'm going to break away from the herd in 2014, and give the whole TAC thing a rest. I'll start a new log and continue to read yours of course. Whilst I may be entering into TAC-exile, don't worry: I'll still be around to harass (sorry, "encourage") any stray bison !!

So if anyone wants to continue with a Polish team, now's the time to get recruiting. Advertise your intentions here and in the TAC sign-up thread, and hopefully there'll be enough interest to attrat a nucleus.
The other suggestion would be to join/propose a Slavic Team; there was talk of a Warsaw Pact team but I don't know if that's going to happen.

All suggestions welcome.
Do you want to continue with a Polish Team?
I've declared my hand, hopefully in time for other to re-organise if they so wish.
Please declare your intent, so that everyone knows what's happening, and can plan accordingly.

Fuenf_Katzen
Diglot
United States
notjustajd.wordpress
Joined 4188 days ago

337 posts - 476 votes 
Speaks: English*, German
Studies: Polish, Ukrainian, Afrikaans

Message 157 of 177
10 December 2013 at 4:46am | IP Logged 
Sorry to see you leaving us, Mooby! Your logs were always helpful (but every so often I'm sure it's good to take a break)

I would really like to continue with a Polish team for 2014 (and will probably be giving my final 2013 update pretty soon). I hope there's enough interest!

Mooby
Scotland
Joined 5924 days ago

707 posts - 1219 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Polish

Message 158 of 177
10 December 2013 at 3:53pm | IP Logged 
What next? Where? Who?
Questions
Decisions
To TAC or not to TAC....

....I couldn't resist:

Chung
Diglot
Joined 6975 days ago

4228 posts - 8259 votes 
20 sounds
Speaks: English*, French
Studies: Polish, Slovak, Uzbek, Turkish, Korean, Finnish

Message 159 of 177
10 December 2013 at 5:06pm | IP Logged 
I don't mind either way when it comes to the existence of a team since I've pretty much established a pattern of working on my own pace and will continue that indefinitely.

Amerykanka
Hexaglot
United States
Joined 4990 days ago

657 posts - 890 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish, Polish, Latin, Ancient Greek, Russian

Message 160 of 177
10 December 2013 at 6:23pm | IP Logged 
I've been thinking about TAC 2014 and unfortunately, I don't think that I can make the commitment. I haven't
had enough time to be a proper part of this team for the last few months, and even though I keep on trying to
convince myself that I will be less busy next year, I know that won't be the case. I would feel bad about joining
a team and then barely participating.

That said, I will drop by from time to time and if there does end up being a Polish team, I will watch its
progress with interest.

I may end up doing an individual TAC, but I will probably just open a new log for 2014 and update it whenever
I have the chance. It would be great to hear from you guys from time to time and hopefully in 2015 I will be
able to play a more active role.

Edited by Amerykanka on 10 December 2013 at 6:25pm

This discussion contains 177 messages over 23 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version