Triglot
ScotlandRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5002 days ago

1468 posts - 2413 votes 
Speaks: English*, Italian, French
Studies: Spanish

Message 97 of 164
31 March 2014 at 1:41pm | IP Logged 
I've done my very last-minute entry for the challenge.

Edited by garyb on 31 March 2014 at 1:44pm

1 person has voted this message useful

agantik
Triglot
France
Joined 4430 days ago

217 posts - 335 votes 
Speaks: French*, English, Italian
Studies: German, Norwegian

Message 98 of 164
01 April 2014 at 11:56am | IP Logged 
I'm a bit late for the March challenge, but hereit is anyway.

Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6392 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds
Speaks: Russian*, English, FinnishC1, Latin, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese
Studies: Danish, Romanian, Polish, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Croatian, Slovenian, Catalan, Czech, Galician, Dutch, Swedish

Message 99 of 164
01 April 2014 at 3:21pm | IP Logged 
suzukaze wrote:
Serpent wrote:
Mio fratello è romantico, l'ho visto ballare quando pensava di essere solo.

That's correct, you can also say <è una persona romantica>.

Serpent wrote:
Can you please have a look at the sentences in my log too?

I already did :) I mean...I prepared my reply yesterday and was ready to submit it, but got an error when I did and I wasn't able to retrieve what I had typed so I'm now re-writing it.
Aww, what a pity about losing what you typed! I recommend using Lazarus in the future, this forum eats a lot of posts :(
No need to hurry :))) I was just making sure you saw the post :)

suzukaze
Triglot
Italy
bit.ly/1bGm459
Joined 4397 days ago

186 posts - 254 votes 
Speaks: Italian*, English, Spanish
Studies: German, French, Swedish, Japanese

Message 100 of 164
02 April 2014 at 8:05pm | IP Logged 
Serpent wrote:
Aww, what a pity about losing what you typed! I recommend using Lazarus in the future, this forum eats a lot of posts :(

I actually developed the habit of typing all my forum entries in TextEdit to avoid losses, especially if they end up being very long. I don't remember why I didn't do it this time. Anyway, thanks for the Lazarus recommendation :)

suzukaze
Triglot
Italy
bit.ly/1bGm459
Joined 4397 days ago

186 posts - 254 votes 
Speaks: Italian*, English, Spanish
Studies: German, French, Swedish, Japanese

Message 101 of 164
02 April 2014 at 11:49pm | IP Logged 
@garyb: I think we should add a link to the Accademia della Crusca's website on the first page, in the Resources post.

For those who have never hear of the Accademia della Crusca: it is an institution that regulates how correct Italian should be written and spoken. If you have already studied another Romance language you may be familiar with the Real Academia Española for Spanish or the French Académie française who share the same functions of the Accademia.

If you have a doubt about a particular grammar aspect, the Accademia is the most distinguished source you can check out. The website has an English version so, even if you aren't an advanced learner, you can visit it.

Grammar aside, the website is filled with articles about the Italian language, its history, word etymology and much more. It is a great source of information if you want to learn more about our language :)

Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6392 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds
Speaks: Russian*, English, FinnishC1, Latin, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese
Studies: Danish, Romanian, Polish, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Croatian, Slovenian, Catalan, Czech, Galician, Dutch, Swedish

Message 102 of 164
14 April 2014 at 11:48pm | IP Logged 
Are we going to have a challenge for April?

agantik
Triglot
France
Joined 4430 days ago

217 posts - 335 votes 

Message 103 of 164
15 April 2014 at 6:11am | IP Logged 
I was about to ask the same question (said the one who was awfully late for the March challenge, hasn't
started the learning challenge yet and can't wait for the super challenge to get started   :D )

agantik
Triglot
France
Joined 4430 days ago

217 posts - 335 votes 

Message 104 of 164
15 April 2014 at 7:21am | IP Logged 
Just an idea for the April challenge (if we have any) : we could decide to learn 20 or 30 words dealing with a
topic we are interested in (e.g. 30 words about sport, or science , or verbs of speech like
stammer/splutter/stutter ...in English). If we eventually decide on this challenge, I'll focus on trees and flowers,
I don't know why but each time I learn a new language I love learning trees flowers and animals!

2 persons have voted this message useful

This discussion contains 164 messages over 21 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version