1 person has voted this message useful

Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6391 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds
Speaks: Russian*, English, FinnishC1, Latin, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese
Studies: Danish, Romanian, Polish, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Croatian, Slovenian, Catalan, Czech, Galician, Dutch, Swedish

Message 154 of 164
15 December 2014 at 12:34pm | IP Logged 
Me :)
Thanks for leading the team in 2014! You did well, even if it kinda fell apart.
2 persons have voted this message useful

Luso
Hexaglot
Portugal
Joined 5855 days ago

819 posts - 1812 votes 
Speaks: Portuguese*, French, EnglishC2, GermanB1, Italian, Spanish
Studies: Sanskrit, Arabic (classical)

Message 155 of 164
15 December 2014 at 10:51pm | IP Logged 
I'm still here.

Curiously enough, Italian is the language to which I have devoted more time in the past couple of months, and it will continue to be so until my C2 final exam, which will take place in the beginning of February.

agantik
Triglot
France
Joined 4429 days ago

217 posts - 335 votes 
Speaks: French*, English, Italian
Studies: German, Norwegian

Message 156 of 164
16 December 2014 at 3:14pm | IP Logged 
Anch´io. I haven't been idle for the past few months, far from it, even if I haven't been very active on the
forum. The super challenge kind of superseded the TAC. A thousand thanks to those who have been active
on the forum, I've been following you.

garyb
Triglot
ScotlandRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5001 days ago

1468 posts - 2413 votes 
Speaks: English*, Italian, French
Studies: Spanish

Message 157 of 164
17 December 2014 at 11:21am | IP Logged 
Cool, good to see a few of you. I was just asking to see who responds so I can do an end of year wrap-up.

Members

garyb (leader) - I'm still going! It was a great year for Italian for me, as I said in my log.
agantik - Still here!
agta - Seems to just be focusing on English now?
Ccaesar - Never started as far as I can see.
corjine - Disappeared right after the start.
danyal - No posts since February.
kanewei - Still here I think, some nice posts about Italian literature in the book club thread!
Luso - Still here!
Penelope - No posts since June.
Serpent - Still here!
sillygoose1 - No log posts since April but still around I think, still studying Italian?
StarcrazyAngel - Disappeared around March.
Godmother: suzukaze - Seems to have disappeared, but was extremely helpful while she was here, so thanks!

5 or 6 made it to the end out of 14, which isn't too bad, well done! I understand that people's priorities change, or things happen in life and they get busy, or they stop posting but keep studying away, or are just overenthusiastic newbies (who was it who said that "the brightest flame burns quickest?"), so I'm not disappointed or surprised.

It is a shame that the team spirit sort of fell apart in the second half of the year, but that's at least as much my fault as anyone else's as I got lazy and didn't do much with organising group activities/challenges and so on. Despite being a consistent poster, I'm not sure that team leadership was really for me.

Edited by garyb on 17 December 2014 at 11:22am

3 persons have voted this message useful

suzukaze
Triglot
Italy
bit.ly/1bGm459
Joined 4396 days ago

186 posts - 254 votes 
Speaks: Italian*, English, Spanish
Studies: German, French, Swedish, Japanese

Message 158 of 164
19 December 2014 at 8:18pm | IP Logged 
garyb wrote:
Godmother: suzukaze - Seems to have disappeared, but was extremely helpful while she was here, so thanks!

Thank you, Gary! I'm glad to hear that my posts/comments were useful. Unfortunately I had huge problems with my internet connection…I was hardly able to upload my own log or check the forums regularly. Luckily everything has been fixed now so I should be able to return to active duty, even if it will be only for a couple of weeks.

Should an Italian team be created next year I'd love to keep my role since I enjoyed helping out learners, but will see when the time comes :)

Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6391 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds
Speaks: Russian*, English, FinnishC1, Latin, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese
Studies: Danish, Romanian, Polish, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Croatian, Slovenian, Catalan, Czech, Galician, Dutch, Swedish

Message 159 of 164
19 December 2014 at 8:35pm | IP Logged 
It doesn't seem like there will be a separate Italian team, but more like a Romance team where nearly everyone studies at least two of Spanish/Italian/French/Portuguese.

suzukaze
Triglot
Italy
bit.ly/1bGm459
Joined 4396 days ago

186 posts - 254 votes 
Speaks: Italian*, English, Spanish
Studies: German, French, Swedish, Japanese

Message 160 of 164
19 December 2014 at 9:46pm | IP Logged 
Oh I see, well at least I'll be able to check the logs of Italian learners regularly and be available on Skype/via PM for those who want to get in touch :)

This discussion contains 164 messages over 21 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version