Tetraglot
ChinaRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5660 days ago

1622 posts - 2299 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish, Mandarin, Esperanto
Studies: Basque

Message 145 of 164
19 July 2014 at 1:44am | IP Logged 
I'll probably still be working then, but i'd be happy to organize another session either later on Saturday or any time on Sunday. What do other folks in the Western hemisphere think? Would 7-8pm EST on Saturdays work? Or how about mornings on Sundays, say 9-10am EST?
1 person has voted this message useful

Ccaesar
Triglot
Groupie
Denmark
Joined 3590 days ago

84 posts - 94 votes 
Speaks: Danish*, English, German
Studies: Italian

Message 146 of 164
19 July 2014 at 12:31pm | IP Logged 
A really good idea, Crush!

Crush
Tetraglot
ChinaRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5660 days ago

1622 posts - 2299 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish, Mandarin, Esperanto
Studies: Basque

Message 147 of 164
23 July 2014 at 3:57am | IP Logged 
Anyone else interested in a weekly weekend session more convenient for folks in the western hemisphere?

Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6392 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds
Speaks: Russian*, English, FinnishC1, Latin, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese
Studies: Danish, Romanian, Polish, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Croatian, Slovenian, Catalan, Czech, Galician, Dutch, Swedish

Message 148 of 164
23 July 2014 at 4:09am | IP Logged 
agantik wrote:
@ Tutti
I need your advice. I ´m going to spend a few days in Rome in August and I'd like to bring back some books for the Super Challenge. Does anyone know the address of a second hand bookshop where I can find cheap novels to read?

Not quite what you were asking for, but I love the site www.ibs.it, they have TONS of e-books and lots of offers when they cost 1-5 € for a limited time only. I highly recommend subscribing and getting their e-books!

Speaking of that, is anyone familiar with any of these?

I'm fascinated by Europe (and I basically identify as European), so I looked for stuff about Europe in general or about several countries at once. (that last one is pricey for an e-book, but it's about a trip from Rovaniemi to Odessa!!!)
3 persons have voted this message useful

garyb
Triglot
ScotlandRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5002 days ago

1468 posts - 2413 votes 
Speaks: English*, Italian, French
Studies: Spanish

Message 149 of 164
23 July 2014 at 10:15am | IP Logged 
I agree that IBS is great; between that and Amazon I've never had problems finding the ebooks I want to read at a decent price, which is great considering the difficulties that some people on here are having with ebook sales and licensing.

I noticed that there were quite a few similar books about Europe and the EU for sale at the Trastevere market that I mentioned: it seems to be a popular topic! The "33 false verità" one looks very familiar. I've not read any of them though.

Ccaesar
Triglot
Groupie
Denmark
Joined 3590 days ago

84 posts - 94 votes 
Speaks: Danish*, English, German
Studies: Italian

Message 150 of 164
23 July 2014 at 5:32pm | IP Logged 
I will have to postprone the 26th as something came up. Does anyone else have any other
suggestions? Preferably several

Edited by Ccaesar on 23 July 2014 at 5:32pm

kanewai
Triglot
United States
justpaste.it/kanewai
Joined 4684 days ago

1386 posts - 3054 votes 
Speaks: English*, French, Marshallese
Studies: Italian, Spanish

Message 151 of 164
23 October 2014 at 10:28pm | IP Logged 
Anyone seen this: Italia - Web Series TV? I
skimmed through some of the series, and some have subtitles (I looked at Freaks! - which
looks like a "Heroes" imitation, and one of the comedies). I'll check it out later this
evening - it could be a good resource!

Or it could blow. Hard to tell.
3 persons have voted this message useful

garyb
Triglot
ScotlandRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5002 days ago

1468 posts - 2413 votes 
Speaks: English*, Italian, French
Studies: Spanish

Message 152 of 164
24 October 2014 at 10:59am | IP Logged 
kanewai wrote:
Anyone seen this: Italia - Web Series TV? I
skimmed through some of the series, and some have subtitles (I looked at Freaks! - which
looks like a "Heroes" imitation, and one of the comedies). I'll check it out later this
evening - it could be a good resource!

Or it could blow. Hard to tell.

Looks like a good resource! I suppose web series aren't going to be as professional as broadcast TV series, which means more variation in quality. On one hand they'll be more low-budget and amateurish, but on the other they aren't limited by having to try to appeal to the masses. Also, episodes are often shorter, which is good when you have a bit of spare time but not enough to sit down to a full 25 or 50 minute TV episode.

I've already seen most of the episodes of "The Pills", which is on that site, and it's quite a well done comedy. I'll check out some others soon. Thanks for the link!

This discussion contains 164 messages over 21 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version