Diglot
United KingdomRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5770 days ago

1485 posts - 2002 votes 
Speaks: English*, Japanese
Studies: French, German

Message 121 of 151
09 April 2014 at 10:47pm | IP Logged 
@patrickwilken the challenges are not obligatory.

The only requirement for completing a Team TAC is to keep your own log and follow the logs of your team mates.

And since your own log is such an inspiration, I would ask you to reconsider...
3 persons have voted this message useful

sabotai
United States
Joined 5670 days ago

391 posts - 489 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: German, Japanese, Korean, French

Message 122 of 151
10 April 2014 at 12:33am | IP Logged 
1st Quarter review: It didn't go as well as I had wanted for German (or any of my languages, to be honest). I was sick and had migraines often. Not a good winter. But, as the season went on, I focused more and more on listening. Specifically listening without a transcript, and that has helped quite a bit.

2nd Quarter Plan: I want to make an even bigger push towards German this quarter and probably the rest of the year, which means pulling back some on Korean. At some point this quarter, I'll be getting back into doing intensive reading again, as well as spending even more time on my listening.
1 person has voted this message useful

Luso
Hexaglot
Portugal
Joined 5849 days ago

819 posts - 1812 votes 
Speaks: Portuguese*, French, EnglishC2, GermanB1, Italian, Spanish
Studies: Sanskrit, Arabic (classical)

Message 123 of 151
10 April 2014 at 12:35am | IP Logged 
I find this challenge a sign of a good leadership. Rallying the troops, and all that. It shows you have your ear to the ground, so to speak. Well done!

I don't know whether I'll be dedicating a lot of time to German this year. I have regular classes of both Italian (advanced level) and Sanskrit (tough beginning), which are more or less filling my learning slots.

I suppose it made sense to join in the beginning, since I didn't know how things would develop. To be frank, I still don't. At least, it wasn't a New Year's resolution.

To make things easier, I'm going to give myself some more time. If by then I reach the conclusion that I'm not going to be participating at a level I consider appropriate, I'll ask to change my status to observer.

Edited by Luso on 10 April 2014 at 12:36am

AlOlaf
Diglot
United States
Joined 4936 days ago

491 posts - 617 votes 
Speaks: English*, GermanC2
Studies: Danish

Message 124 of 151
12 April 2014 at 5:57am | IP Logged 
Ich bin dabei, aber seit Februar, als mein ursprüngliches TAC-Programm implodiert ist, habe ich kein richtiges Ziel für Deutsch, es sei denn, das Anschauen einer größtmöglichen Anzahl von deutschen YouTube Videos gilt als Ziel. Wie es scheint, habe ich auch ein Suchtverhalten gegenüber dänischen YouTube Videos entwickelt, insbesondere denen, die von den Wikingern handeln. Wäre es möglich, dass ich dabei meine eigene kühne, neue Lernmethode bahne? Oder lasse ich mich bloß in ein schwarzes Loch von sinnloser Ablenkung hineinsaugen? In jedem Fall möchte ich mit dem Deutschlernen weitermachen. Vielleicht fällt mir irgendwann zur Abwechslung mal ein lohnenswertes und machbares Ziel ein, wonach ich streben kann.

I'm in, but since my original TAC program imploded in February, I have no real goal for German, unless watching as many German YouTube videos as possible qualifies as a goal. It looks like I've also developed an addiction for Danish YouTube videos, especially ones about Vikings. Could it be possible that I'm pioneering my own daring new learning method here? Or am I just allowing myself to be sucked into a black hole of mindless diversion? Either way, I want to keep learning German. Maybe at some point I'll think of a goal to shoot for that's both worthwhile and doable for a change.
2 persons have voted this message useful

patrickwilken
Germany
radiant-flux.net
Joined 4321 days ago

1546 posts - 3200 votes 
Studies: German

Message 125 of 151
12 April 2014 at 10:45am | IP Logged 
g-bod wrote:
@patrickwilken the challenges are not obligatory.

The only requirement for completing a Team TAC is to keep your own log and follow the logs of your team mates.

And since your own log is such an inspiration, I would ask you to reconsider...

If I don't have to complete the challenges I would certainly like to continue participating. I very much enjoy reading the other blogs.
3 persons have voted this message useful

liammcg
Ireland
Joined 4392 days ago

269 posts - 397 votes 
Speaks: English*

Message 126 of 151
27 April 2014 at 8:52pm | IP Logged 
Hello to all! My TAC year didn't get off to a great start for a number of reasons, but
I've taken advantage of the Easter holidays to get my language studies back on
track...and fully intend to stay there! So, yeah, this is just a short message to
apologise for my lack of participation hitherto. I'll stop by some logs over the next few
days to catch up on what I've missed. Bis spaeter!

mrwarper
Diglot
Winner TAC 2012
Spain
forum_posts.asp?TID=Registered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5014 days ago

1493 posts - 2500 votes 
Speaks: Spanish*, EnglishC2
Studies: German, Russian, Japanese

Message 127 of 151
03 May 2014 at 10:31pm | IP Logged 
I'm still in, just not as much as I'd like to ;( -- I even made it to one of the challenges (well, almost) so maybe there's still hope...

Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6385 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds
Speaks: Russian*, English, FinnishC1, Latin, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese
Studies: Danish, Romanian, Polish, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Croatian, Slovenian, Catalan, Czech, Galician, Dutch, Swedish

Message 128 of 151
08 May 2014 at 11:21pm | IP Logged 
Any ideas for a May challenge?

This discussion contains 151 messages over 19 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version