Joined 4634 days ago

2266 posts - 3992 votes 
Speaks: German*, English, French, Latin, Italian, Russian, Swedish
Studies: Japanese, Irish, Portuguese, Persian

Message 57 of 151
19 January 2014 at 4:35pm | IP Logged 
ummagumma wrote:
Hier ist mein Log

Momentan höre ich gerne Kinderlieder. Ist das erlaubt? Meine sechzehnmonatige Tochter lernt mit mir ubrigens auch Deutsch! Ich werde ein paar Lieder auswendiglernen und übersetzen.

Meine Katzen rennen aus dem Zimmer, wenn ich anfange zu singen. Man will keine Aufnahme
von mir! Vertrau mir!

2 persons have voted this message useful

Josquin
Heptaglot
Germany
Joined 4634 days ago

2266 posts - 3992 votes 

Message 58 of 151
19 January 2014 at 4:36pm | IP Logged 
Luso wrote:
Ich habe "O Tannenbaum" gewählt. Ich würde es auch empfehlen, weil es wenige schwierige Wörter enthält.

Josquin
Heptaglot
Germany
Joined 4634 days ago

2266 posts - 3992 votes 

Message 59 of 151
19 January 2014 at 4:38pm | IP Logged 
stifa wrote:
Zwar hab ich jetzt eigentlich gar keine Zeit für solchen Spaß, aber ich möchte gern versuchen, ein Lied zu übersetzen oder sowas, aber ich werde nichts aufnehmen... weil ich fast Ohrenkrebs kriege, wenn ich meine eigene Stimme auf einer Aufnahme höre :p

Jetzt muss ich mir ausdenken, welches Lied ich gern wählen möchte... ...vielleicht was von den Apokalyptischen Reitern...

1 person has voted this message useful

Josquin
Heptaglot
Germany
Joined 4634 days ago

2266 posts - 3992 votes 

Message 60 of 151
19 January 2014 at 4:40pm | IP Logged 
ummagumma wrote:
g-bod,

Super! Meine Tochter wird sich darüber freuen, dass Papa mehr denn je deutsche
Kinderlieder hört.

Ist es eine oder mehrere Töchter? Eine Tochter schreibt man mit o, mehrere mit ö. Wenn es mehrere sind, muss das Verb allerdings "werden" heißen.

Josquin
Heptaglot
Germany
Joined 4634 days ago

2266 posts - 3992 votes 

Message 61 of 151
19 January 2014 at 4:41pm | IP Logged 
As you can see, I did some corrections. I hope they're useful for you. The posts which I didn't correct didn't contain any mistakes.

Viel Spaß beim Lernen! :)
4 persons have voted this message useful

Sunja
Diglot
Germany
Joined 5875 days ago

2020 posts - 2295 votes 
1 sounds
Speaks: English*, German
Studies: French, Mandarin

Message 62 of 151
19 January 2014 at 6:52pm | IP Logged 
g-bod wrote:
And since that is the limit of what I can attempt in German right now I will add, in English,
I would be interested to find out more about German children's songs.

Ein Lied fällt mir gerade ein. Die Jahresuhr von Rolf Zuckowski. Meine Tochter singt gerne mit:

Songtext

Es ist zwar noch ein bisschen früh dafür, aber "Stups" is auch ein Lieblingslied von uns. Der Text ist vielleicht etwas anspruchsvoll, aber auch sehr lustig ;)

Stups der Kleine Osterhase. Ich habe versucht einen Text mit englischer Übersetzung zu finden und die Umlauts sind weg. Hier sind sie wieder!

mrwarper
Diglot
Winner TAC 2012
Spain
forum_posts.asp?TID=Registered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5016 days ago

1493 posts - 2500 votes 
Speaks: Spanish*, EnglishC2
Studies: German, Russian, Japanese

Message 63 of 151
21 January 2014 at 8:06pm | IP Logged 
Just a quick note to state that I will be partaking in the TAC for real.

I'm glad to see I got a second chance to use Josquin's help as a godfather and to see my log for 2014 was linked from the very beginning (good job, g-bod!), so I'll just comment that I filled in the placeholders a bit (not much anyway, but hey) for those who might want to read it. Now I'll start subscribing to everyone's log and go for Catch-up Phase II. Hopefully I'll start reporting progress before January ends :)

AlOlaf
Diglot
United States
Joined 4938 days ago

491 posts - 617 votes 
Speaks: English*, GermanC2
Studies: Danish

Message 64 of 151
21 January 2014 at 10:45pm | IP Logged 
I decided to try to translate the lyrics to a song I heard a German band perform when I was in Frankfurt am Main in 2012. I'd made a video of the performance with my iPhone and liked the song and the band a lot, but I couldn't understand the lyrics to save my life. A couple days after I got back to the states, my phone was stolen and, since I hadn't bothered to sync it, the video was gone for good. I didn't know the name of the band or the song, so I figured I'd never find out what the lyrics meant.

Last week I stumbled on a Youtube video of the band (which turned out to be a spiritual pop group from Frankfurt called HABAKUK) performing the song (which turned out to be called Geist des Leben, Atem Gottes) in 2009. I found their website and emailed the band's founder (and, as luck would have it, the song's lyricist) Eugen Eckert, who graciously emailed me the lyrics. I didn't want to take up a lot of room here, but anyone who's interested can find the video and the lyrics along with my best-guess English translation here.

When the video starts, the first verse has already gone by. Also, the sound quality leaves a lot to be desired. Anyone who can decipher the lyrics from this video unaided definitely deserves some kind of medal.

Edited by AlOlaf on 29 July 2014 at 3:44pm

3 persons have voted this message useful

This discussion contains 151 messages over 19 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 79 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version