smallwhite
Pentaglot
Australia
Joined 5110 days ago

537 posts - 1045 votes 
Speaks: Cantonese*, English, Mandarin, French, Spanish

Message 33 of 88
31 January 2015 at 11:31am | IP Logged 
The 6WC has already started in some countries, and will start in 2.5 hours in mine.

I will do Portuguese again. I have this plan of studying Portuguese only during 6WCs, say, every other 6WC. My goal is to understand the gist of spoken Portuguese, to catch half of the words, maybe. I use newscasts with transcript.
2 persons have voted this message useful

solocricket
Tetraglot
Groupie
United StatesRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 3478 days ago

68 posts - 106 votes 
Speaks: English*, French, Italian, Spanish
Studies: Dutch, Icelandic, Korean, Polish

Message 34 of 88
31 January 2015 at 6:17pm | IP Logged 
I will sign up for Icelandic. I plan on getting through and digesting Hippocrene Beginner
´s Icelandic and Teach Yourself Icelandic (both are short). I want to get the gist of
radio and written news stories.

EDIT: Not signing up through Twitter, so it'll just be for myself!

Edited by solocricket on 01 February 2015 at 12:23am

1 person has voted this message useful

Jeffers
United Kingdom
Joined 4711 days ago

2151 posts - 3960 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Hindi, Ancient Greek, French, Sanskrit, German

Message 35 of 88
31 January 2015 at 8:40pm | IP Logged 
PeterMollenburg wrote:
I've had no reply so count me out of this one. Had all been in agreement it was okay to participate, obviously I would have. Sprachprofi seems to be MIA. I'll just have to see this as a good thing and resolve to use the 6WC for my next language when I choose to start on my next. Good luck to all and thanks for everyone's input.

Fry a fryberg

I would be very disappointed if you don't join in, PM. The rules clearly state "B1 or below". You are B1, so you fit the letter of the law. I tend to be one of the people on here who looks sticks to the rules and looks for fair participation (e.g. I objected when someone tweeted 6 hours of music per day), but at the end of the day it is a big fun event. Go on, go on go on. You will, you will, you will.

In other news, I was all geared up to sign up for French. Then today I got a message from a friend in India inviting me to do some research with him this summer before he leaves, so .... I've signed up for Hindi!
6 persons have voted this message useful

PeterMollenburg
AustraliaRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5278 days ago

821 posts - 1273 votes 
Studies: FrenchB1

Message 36 of 88
01 February 2015 at 3:51am | IP Logged 
Jeffers wrote:
PeterMollenburg wrote:
I've had no reply so count me out of this one. Had all been in
agreement it was okay to participate, obviously I would have. Sprachprofi seems to be MIA. I'll just have to
see this as a good thing and resolve to use the 6WC for my next language when I choose to start on my next.
Good luck to all and thanks for everyone's input.

Fry a fryberg

I would be very disappointed if you don't join in, PM. The rules clearly state "B1 or below". You are B1, so
you fit the letter of the law. I tend to be one of the people on here who looks sticks to the rules and looks for
fair participation (e.g. I objected when someone tweeted 6 hours of music per day), but at the end of the day
it is a big fun event. Go on, go on go on. You will, you will, you will.

In other news, I was all geared up to sign up for French. Then today I got a message from a friend in India
inviting me to do some research with him this summer before he leaves, so .... I've signed up for Hindi!

Okay i'm in then... if people have an issue with this then disqualify or ignore my results, but i would love to
join in for this 6wc, so I am based on the support of a few :)

Edit I work around 36 hrs on avg a week. I put myself down as part time for two reasons. 1.My main job
allows often for some French study. 2. My main job begins late in the afternoon usually so I can study a lot in
the mornings

Edited by PeterMollenburg on 01 February 2015 at 4:01am

epictetus
Groupie
Canada
Joined 3684 days ago

54 posts - 87 votes 
Studies: Spanish

Message 37 of 88
03 February 2015 at 1:51pm | IP Logged 
The bot isn't recognising my latest tweets. I can see the one confirming my registration
and then another for my first entry but the last few haven't worked. Initially tried
putting in decimal hours (3.5 hours) and deleted those tweets and retried with "3 hours
and 30 minutes".

Any suggestions?

s.mann
Groupie
United States
lang-8.com/973514/jo
Joined 3440 days ago

55 posts - 76 votes 
Studies: French

Message 38 of 88
03 February 2015 at 4:05pm | IP Logged 
epictetus wrote:
The bot isn't recognising my latest tweets. I can see the one confirming my
registration
and then another for my first entry but the last few haven't worked. Initially tried
putting in decimal hours (3.5 hours) and deleted those tweets and retried with "3 hours
and 30 minutes".

Any suggestions?

Are you putting the tag for your language in there? Even though I'm only studying one language it
wouldn't count the ones when I forgot to put the #French tag in. You don't have to on the Super
Challenge bot, and there isn't as good of documentation on the linked site for the 6WC, so I was
initially confused.
2 persons have voted this message useful

epictetus
Groupie
Canada
Joined 3684 days ago

54 posts - 87 votes 

Message 39 of 88
03 February 2015 at 8:16pm | IP Logged 
I wrote: "@6WCBot #Spanish 30 minutes of..."

I'll try putting #spanish at the end and posting in number of minutes only.
"@6WCBot 180 mins #class #Spanish" Something along those lines.

epictetus
Groupie
Canada
Joined 3684 days ago

54 posts - 87 votes 

Message 40 of 88
03 February 2015 at 8:38pm | IP Logged 
Nope, still getting nothing even after imitating tweets from people who are tweeting
right now.

This discussion contains 88 messages over 11 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 46 7 8 9 10 11  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version