United States
teango.wordpress.comRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5351 days ago

2210 posts - 3734 votes 
Speaks: English*, German, Russian
Studies: Hawaiian, French, Toki Pona

Message 33 of 113
01 April 2011 at 11:12am | IP Logged 
I love the idea of chilling out to some anime with a cup of cha in the evening. It almost sounds like a zen-like dose of language contemplation before bedtime. And don't tell me you also change into a guy's yukata, tabi and flip-flops - that would simply be awesome! :D

Edited by Teango on 01 April 2011 at 12:22pm

1 person has voted this message useful

M. Medialis
Diglot
TAC 2010 Winner
Sweden
Joined 6152 days ago

397 posts - 508 votes 
Speaks: Swedish*, English
Studies: Russian, Japanese, French

Message 34 of 113
01 April 2011 at 9:43pm | IP Logged 
Teango wrote:
I love the idea of chilling out to some anime with a cup of cha in the evening. It almost sounds like a zen-like dose of language contemplation before bedtime. And don't tell me you also change into a guy's yukata, tabi and flip-flops - that would simply be awesome! :D

Haha. That's the impulse I needed. :D   Today, I bought one of these:

Actually, they market it as a Japanese designed men's pyjamas. This is obviously wrong. Anyone can see that it clearly is an Anime and LR-Yukata!    ^^

(I still have 10 days to make up my mind if I'm going to keep it or not.. lol)
4 persons have voted this message useful

Teango
Triglot
Winner TAC 2010 & 2012
United States
Joined 5351 days ago

2210 posts - 3734 votes 

Message 35 of 113
01 April 2011 at 10:23pm | IP Logged 
凄いいいいい! ^u^

They look well comfy, and clearly tailored for chanime and LR. :)

Adrean
TAC 2010 Winner
France
adrean83.wordpress.c
Joined 5963 days ago

348 posts - 411 votes 
Speaks: FrenchC1

Message 36 of 113
02 April 2011 at 1:04am | IP Logged 
If you're gonna L-R you need the right equipment..

M. Medialis
Diglot
TAC 2010 Winner
Sweden
Joined 6152 days ago

397 posts - 508 votes 

Message 38 of 113
12 April 2011 at 5:04pm | IP Logged 
Team Tac 2011 - Team KEN - Log #10

The last week has been rather unproductive language learning-wise. I spent most of my free time creating a Russian-Swedish parallel text of Master and Margarita, which I soon will LR.

TACifying my Life

My Asus EeeSlate has arrived! I have already started to LR and do SRS on the train and inbetween lectures. It's wonderful. :D

This little gadget is the reason why I'm spending so much time on creating parallel texts. I think I will be able to "steal back" (using Prof. Arguelles' term) at least 1.5 hour every day that I can devote to language studies.

Now I'll continue my mission to fill it with fun Japanese and Russian materials.

-----------------------------------------

Team KEN - M. Medialis

Edited by M. Medialis on 12 April 2011 at 5:06pm

Teango
Triglot
Winner TAC 2010 & 2012
United States
Joined 5351 days ago

2210 posts - 3734 votes 

Message 39 of 113
12 April 2011 at 5:31pm | IP Logged 
Haha - snap! Last week was a washout for me too - there were just too many other things to sort out.

Congratulations on aligning that Russian-Swedish parallel text for Master and Margarita - that's quite a bundle of pages. I'll be diving into this masterpiece myself with a Russian-English version, once I've finished Zamyatin. It's one of my all-time favourite novels! :)

Your new "kanji-ii-slate" sounds cool. I've been tempted to save up for an iPad or something like the Asus (where you can draw on the screen as well) for quite a while...but no doubt my budget over the next few months will probably end up on random expenses and some summer clothes for my girlfriend and I instead (*sigh*). Still, let me know how you get on with the EeeSlate, I want to hear all the pros and cons for language learning activities. ;)

Edited by Teango on 12 April 2011 at 5:35pm

M. Medialis
Diglot
TAC 2010 Winner
Sweden
Joined 6152 days ago

397 posts - 508 votes 

Message 40 of 113
15 April 2011 at 9:54pm | IP Logged 
Teango wrote:
Congratulations on aligning that Russian-Swedish parallel text for Master and Margarita - that's quite a bundle of pages. I'll be diving into this masterpiece myself with a Russian-English version, once I've finished Zamyatin. It's one of my all-time favourite novels! :)

I've just begun lr-ing it. Wow what a book! And the actor who is reading it....I've heard many good voice actors, but this one...He's so good I sometimes forget to breath. Some of the characters' voices literally send shivers down my spine.
Russian is truly a powerful language.

Quote:
Your new "kanji-ii-slate" sounds cool. I've been tempted to save up for an iPad or something like the Asus (where you can draw on the screen as well) for quite a while...but no doubt my budget over the next few months will probably end up on random expenses and some summer clothes for my girlfriend and I instead (*sigh*). Still, let me know how you get on with the EeeSlate, I want to hear all the pros and cons for language learning activities. ;)

I'm still totally in love with the EeeSlate, I'm already wondering how I could live without it. ;)   I plan to post an official authorative (LOL) review for language learners here on my log later, so stay tuned. ;D ;D

Edited by M. Medialis on 15 April 2011 at 10:12pm

This discussion contains 113 messages over 15 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 46 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version