Joined 4829 days ago

3277 posts - 6779 votes 
Speaks: Czech*, FrenchC2, EnglishC1
Studies: Spanish, German, Italian

Message 9 of 97
10 December 2011 at 10:58pm | IP Logged 
Freutsch is perfect!

p.s. what is celta?

p.s.2-my period of (nearly) inactivity will be from beginning of the year till half february but if it goes well (the exams), than I will have more than enough time to catch up
1 person has voted this message useful

ReQuest
Tetraglot
Netherlands
Joined 4852 days ago

200 posts - 228 votes 
Speaks: Dutch*, English, German, French
Studies: Spanish

Message 10 of 97
11 December 2011 at 2:43am | IP Logged 
Might wanna join too :D In 2012 I actually (if everything goes acording plan) will be in my final year of the vwo its a bit like highschool I guess... German gynasium and French lycee I have both French ans German class, the levels of the exams for both will be B2.
I also study English and dabbel a bit in Spanish... My native language is Dutch.

LanguageSponge
Triglot
United Kingdom
Joined 5586 days ago

1197 posts - 1487 votes 
Speaks: English*, German, French
Studies: Welsh, Russian, Japanese, Slovenian, Greek, Italian

Message 11 of 97
11 December 2011 at 2:30pm | IP Logged 
Cavesa wrote:
Freutsch is perfect!

p.s. what is celta?

p.s.2-my period of (nearly) inactivity will be from beginning of the year till half
february but if it goes well (the exams), than I will have more than enough time to
catch up

Hi Cavesa,

CELTA stands for Certificate for English Language Teaching to Adults. Thanks for
letting me know about your time of relative inactivity; it's nothing to worry about and
I'm sure you'll be able to catch up just fine. Good luck with your exams. Thank you for
the compliment regarding the group name; it came to me during a very rare moment of
creativity.

ReQuest wrote:
Might wanna join too :D In 2012 I actually (if everything goes
acording plan) will be in my final year of the vwo its a bit like highschool I guess...
German gynasium and French lycee I have both French ans German class, the levels of the
exams for both will be B2.
I also study English and dabbel a bit in Spanish... My native language is Dutch.

Hi ReQuest!

You would be quite welcome to join the group so long as you study both French and
German for the TAC. We would be glad to have you on board :] If you do decide to join
us, then just let me know and I will add you to the list of members in my original
post. It'd be useful if you would let me know about any other languages you wish to
focus on besides French and German, too. If you would like anything you've written in
English corrected, I'd be quite happy to look through it for you - I would be less
qualified to judge Americanisms though, depending on which variety you prefer to use.

Jack

ReQuest
Tetraglot
Netherlands
Joined 4852 days ago

200 posts - 228 votes 

Message 12 of 97
11 December 2011 at 5:02pm | IP Logged 
Ok thanks :)

First, I'm going to find out what this TAC actually is, and then I will decide if I join.Though I will be stydying French, German and English in 2012 anyway so I might actually join, I mean why not?

(I know how horrible the last post was, but it was kinda late and I came back from a party so... I didn't put much thought into it.)

But you'll be hearing from me when I know if I want to join or not.

Cavesa
Triglot
Czech Republic
Joined 4829 days ago

3277 posts - 6779 votes 
Speaks: Czech*, FrenchC2, EnglishC1
Studies: Spanish, German, Italian

Message 13 of 97
11 December 2011 at 7:22pm | IP Logged 
LanguageSponge wrote:

Thank you for the compliment regarding the group name; it came to me during a very rare moment of creativity.

Don't underestimate yourself :-)

ReQuest
Tetraglot
Netherlands
Joined 4852 days ago

200 posts - 228 votes 

Message 14 of 97
12 December 2011 at 8:59pm | IP Logged 
Ok I made up my mind, I would love to join the team if you guys want me:)

Hope this will keep me motivated..
I'll enter with English, French and German, my emphasis will be on the latter/last 2.

I hope to reach a B2 level or higher in French and German. I'm clueless about my current levels.

Do I also need to post in the official 2012 TAC topic?

Magdalene
Diglot
United States
Joined 4856 days ago

119 posts - 220 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish
Studies: Mandarin, German, Modern Hebrew, French

Message 15 of 97
12 December 2011 at 9:05pm | IP Logged 
ReQuest wrote:
Do I also need to post in the official 2012 TAC topic?

Not if you don't want to; I already added your name to the most recent update of the
current team rosters (Message 149 of the official TAC 2012 thread). :)

LanguageSponge
Triglot
United Kingdom
Joined 5586 days ago

1197 posts - 1487 votes 
Speaks: English*, German, French
Studies: Welsh, Russian, Japanese, Slovenian, Greek, Italian

Message 16 of 97
13 December 2011 at 9:28am | IP Logged 
Cavesa wrote:
LanguageSponge wrote:

Thank you for the compliment regarding the group name; it came to me during a very rare
moment of creativity.

Don't underestimate yourself :-)

Thank you Cavesa; I shall try not to do that in the future, although that is one of my
more annoying, persistent habits :]

Magdalene wrote:
ReQuest wrote:
Do I also need to post in the official 2012 TAC
topic?

Not if you don't want to; I already added your name to the most recent update of the
current team rosters (Message 149 of the official TAC 2012 thread). :)

Magdalene's right, the only people who need know which team you're entering are the
members of that particular team. I think, at least at this stage, a fair few of us keep
track of the other teams' logs too, so we work out who is with which teams that way.
It'd be useful, ReQuest, if you could tell us about any times of the year that you know
you'll be relatively inactive. For example, if you have school exams or something like
that.

---

I've edited the team name, so we are now officially Freutsch. I assumed that everyone
was fine with that name since no-one has said otherwise. If that's not the case, just
let me know :]

While rounding off TAC 2011, I am also trying to collect some new resources to use for
TAC 2012. Even though I've not even begun studying it yet, I am having lots of fun
looking for Latin resources. Besides Lingua Latina and some old school notes I know I
have gathering dust in the depths of a cupboard at home, I'm not sure what else I can
use without potentially making it far too difficult for myself! Is anyone else
beginning to collect resources for TAC 2012 yet? How is that going?

Jack

Edited by LanguageSponge on 13 December 2011 at 9:32am

This discussion contains 97 messages over 13 pages: << Prev 13 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version