Tetraglot
Netherlands
Joined 4843 days ago

200 posts - 228 votes 
Speaks: Dutch*, English, German, French
Studies: Spanish

Message 65 of 97
02 February 2012 at 9:31pm | IP Logged 
Alors il y a quelqu'un de vous qui participez a du 6wc? Et si tu participes, avec quelle langue? Moi, j'ai decidé de ne participer pas parce que je n'ai pas le temps pour ça.

Also gibt es jemand unter uns die teilnimmt in der 6wc? Und wenn sie das machen, mit welche Sprache? Ich habe entschieden nicht teil zu nehmen weil ich da keine Zeit für habe.

Edited by ReQuest on 02 February 2012 at 9:32pm

1 person has voted this message useful

Jinx
Triglot
Germany
reverbnation.co
Joined 5504 days ago

1085 posts - 1879 votes 
Speaks: English*, German, French
Studies: Catalan, Dutch, Esperanto, Croatian, Serbian, Norwegian, Mandarin, Italian, Spanish, Yiddish

Message 66 of 97
03 February 2012 at 12:55pm | IP Logged 
Non, moi aussi je n'ai pas de temps pour participer au 6WC cette fois. C'est dommage, parce que je l'aime bien chaque fois que je le fais, mais au moment mes études (pour l'université et aussi simplement pour moi-même) m'occupent trop. Mais j'espère que je peux participer la prochaine fois. D'ailleurs, j'ai lu hier qu'il y aura encore un mois de Tadoku en juin, et j'espère participer à ça aussi, peut-être avec le français... on verra.

Nein, diesmal mache ich beim 6WC nicht mit, weil ich halt nicht die Zeit dafür habe. Eigentlich schade, denn jedes Mal macht es Spaß, aber im Moment bin ich mit meinem Studium einfach zu beschäftigt (sowohl innerhalb als auch außerhalb der Uni). Trotzdem hoffe ich, das nächste Mal mitmachen zu können. Außerdem habe ich gestern gelesen, dass es in Juni noch ein Monat Tadoku geben wird. Ich habe es vor, da auch teilzunehmen, vielleicht mit Französisch... wir sehen mal.

ReQuest
Tetraglot
Netherlands
Joined 4843 days ago

200 posts - 228 votes 

Message 67 of 97
03 February 2012 at 5:42pm | IP Logged 
C'est quoi, "tadoku" ?

Jinx
Triglot
Germany
reverbnation.co
Joined 5504 days ago

1085 posts - 1879 votes 
Speaks: English*, German, French
Studies: Catalan, Dutch, Esperanto, Croatian, Serbian, Norwegian, Mandarin, Italian, Spanish, Yiddish

Message 68 of 97
03 February 2012 at 5:54pm | IP Logged 
ReQuest wrote:
C'est quoi, "tadoku" ?

C'est un peu comme le 6WC mais seulement pour un mois et seulement pour lire. Il s'appelle aussi "Read More or Die". On utilise Twitter pour noter combien d'heures on a lu dans une langue, et celui qui lit le plus, gagne. Je le recommande! Tu peux lire plus au sujet ici: http://readmod.wordpress.com/about/

Adrean
TAC 2010 Winner
France
adrean83.wordpress.c
Joined 5979 days ago

348 posts - 411 votes 
Speaks: FrenchC1

Message 69 of 97
02 March 2012 at 10:59am | IP Logged 
Hello team. It's March and I thought it would be great for those of us still here to
tackle a text together for the month of March. We can report back to the team with our
thoughts on the text and the techniques used in making it a worthwhile language
learning exercise. I would still like to read the Green Ray by Jules Verne and you are
welcome to join me for the month of March.

I would suggest taking your own approach and if you can find the German text then why
not try German or better yet German and French.

My approach - Listen to audiobook in French, enjoy the story and perhaps write down any
unknown words. I think I will skip the reading part as I've done my fair share lately.

Links are below to audiobook and text in English and French. Who's with me ?

Adrean wrote:
Actually I've had more then my fair share of 'Le Petit Prince'. I guess
the idea is
that we can bring all of our ideas in. I think even in Le Petit Prince there is some
interesting vocabulary and advanced learners may develop a good sense of a narrated
story and the structures that go with that.

I know that others are aware of a book called 'The Green Ray' by Jules Verne on the
forum. Even non-fans of Verne love the book and I've been meaning to read it forever.
The audiobook is 7 hours long so it is possible to it in a month. So this would be an
example of a monthly project.....to L-R 'Le Rayon Vert'. A modest beginner to an
advanced learner would get a lot from this. Others may not know but Listening-Reading,
as a simple definition, is to listen in L2 while reading in L1. You can of course read
and listen in L2 and depending on your level you may want to be familiar with the story
first.

Green Ray in
French audiobook

Short Wiki article about Green
Ray

Text in French to read
Book in English to read

I've only just begun learning German but I've been watching Wenders, Haneke, Herzog
films going back a few years. I think choosing a film won't be a problem as long it's
widely available.

2 persons have voted this message useful

Bjorn
Diglot
Norway
Joined 4679 days ago

244 posts - 286 votes 
Speaks: Norwegian*, English
Studies: German, French

Message 70 of 97
02 March 2012 at 12:24pm | IP Logged 
OK, I'm in doing LR on the book.

Adrean
TAC 2010 Winner
France
adrean83.wordpress.c
Joined 5979 days ago

348 posts - 411 votes 
Speaks: FrenchC1

Message 71 of 97
03 March 2012 at 1:58am | IP Logged 
Great to have you with me Bjorn!

Any other takers ? Not necessary to belong to Team Freutsch...

I downloaded the book last night and started listening to the first chapters this
morning.

First Impressions

The first thing I noticed was the music. I like a little theme music when listening to
audiobooks. The readers voice is very pleasant and she enunciates words well and does
not read fast at all. She has a peculiar accent to me which seems to have notes of
Spanish. I'm assuming she is from the South or centre of France.

Overall the reader and the quality of the audiobook is very good so please don't let
that stop you.

Edited by Adrean on 03 March 2012 at 1:58am

ReQuest
Tetraglot
Netherlands
Joined 4843 days ago

200 posts - 228 votes 

Message 72 of 97
03 March 2012 at 9:19am | IP Logged 
I'm not, I have to read so many books for school already... Reading is not really a pleasure anymore...

But good luck anyway!

This discussion contains 97 messages over 13 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 810 11 12 13  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version