409 posts - 616 votes 
Speaks: English*, German, Spanish
Studies: Russian, Turkish

Message 185 of 319
26 January 2014 at 9:48pm | IP Logged 
Kerrie wrote:
Stelle wrote:
There are a lot of people on this team, and I suspect that threads in the
learning log area will move really fast once January comes around. Does anyone know if there's a way to "follow"
logs, so that you can access a page with links to logs that you've added, maybe listing them by latest update?
(Kind of like an "active topics" list, but limited to threads that you've chosen to add.)

At the bottom of the page, there is a "link that says "Watch this topic for replies." Click on that. Then you will get
an email whenever there is a new post.

If you have filters in your email box (most people do), you can set anything from HTLAL to go into its own folder.
That's what I do. That way, my email box doesn't get flooded, and I still get all the notices to watch the threads I
want to watch. :)

Thought the above from Kerrie's post back in December might be helpful. If you follow the above instructions,
you and others who have done the same will be notified of updates and you don't need to post here that you
have updated your log. It can save you some time both in posting and in reading other people's logs.
1 person has voted this message useful

Chung
Diglot
Joined 6950 days ago

4228 posts - 8259 votes 
20 sounds
Speaks: English*, French
Studies: Polish, Slovak, Uzbek, Turkish, Korean, Finnish

Message 186 of 319
29 January 2014 at 9:51pm | IP Logged 
A couple of years ago I posted a link to the online videos and transcripts in several foreign languages at LangMedia.

Since I first stumbled on the site, the colleges involved have added more videos (and their transcripts). For your interest, here are the Spanish ones:

Spanish (combined index)(a lot of video reenactments of phrases or exchanges in phrasebooks; a handy way to see "phrasebook material" in action)

There are links showing varieties for a handful of Spanish-speaking countries rather than a sparser division between Iberian and Latin American.

Enjoy.
3 persons have voted this message useful

Emily96
Diglot
Canada
Joined 4222 days ago

270 posts - 342 votes 
Speaks: English*, French
Studies: Spanish, Finnish, Latin

Message 187 of 319
31 January 2014 at 2:43am | IP Logged 
Just signed up for the six week challenge! My Spanish is borderline not eligible, but I just had to give the 6WC one
more go since i missed the last one and expect to be busy for the next (maybe even the next few). I don't know if
anyone else is planning to register this round. If you're not sure, i definitely encourage you too. I'm a highly
competitive person so the scoreboard is really motivating for me, but even if that's not your thing it's still pretty cool
to be able to use the twitter bot with all its bells and whistles. And it truly is amazing to see how you can improve in
only six weeks.

Also, i just realized that I still haven't made it around to everyone's logs. I'll try to get that done this weekend. There
sure are a lot of people in this team! I hope it's still going well for everyone as we reach the end of our first month.

Emme
Triglot
Italy
Joined 5141 days ago

980 posts - 1594 votes 
Speaks: Italian*, English, German
Studies: Russian, Swedish, French

Message 188 of 319
31 January 2014 at 7:37pm | IP Logged 
Emily96 wrote:
Just signed up for the six week challenge! [...] I don't know if
anyone else is planning to register this round. [...]

I'm joining you with Spanish, but I'm still very much a beginner!

dbag
United Kingdom
Joined 4816 days ago

605 posts - 1046 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Spanish

Message 189 of 319
31 January 2014 at 11:36pm | IP Logged 
Hola, soy Dale y como mucho de ustedes ya saben, llevo como 3 anos estudiando Espanol. Vivo en Suffolk, inglatera y tengo un accento tipico de este parte del pais, un hecho que me da muchas problemas en hablando con un bien accento espanol.
De hecho, no he escribido nada en Espanol hace casi 18 meses, y eso (escribir mas) es una de mis metas para este ano. Con respecto a mis otras metas, quiro terminar El Capo 2, y tambien ver otras "Narconovelas" como "Pablo Escobar- El
Patron del Mal y Los tres caines. Tambien tengo ganas de leer todos los libros de Carlos luis Zafon, y encontrar otras escritores espanohablantes.

Algo sobre mi
Recientemente, he cumplido 30 anos de edad. Me gusta viajar, y he estado en 10 paises differentes en los ultimos 2 anos. Mis favouritios han sido Chile y Argentina, no solo por el hecho de estar paises hispanohablantes pero tambien por su comida, su natruleza,
y sobre todo por tener gente tan agradable. Uno de mis suenos es vivir en sudamerica por un ano.

Habria escrito mas si hubiera empezado mas temprano, pero ya son 22.18 y quiero ver por lo menos 2 capitulos mas de el capo 2 antes de acostarme.

(Pido disculpas por no haber usado tildes etc. Es que no tengo teclado Espanol.)

p.d

Pueden leer mi nueva entrada aqui

Edited by dbag on 31 January 2014 at 11:55pm

Warp3
United States
forum_posts.asp?TID=
Joined 5329 days ago

1419 posts - 1766 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Spanish, Korean, Japanese

Message 190 of 319
02 February 2014 at 12:53am | IP Logged 
Stelle wrote:
I think it's more than enough for you to keep a eye on this thread. If we
have any specific questions about the
language, we can post them here, and you can answer. I think it's too much to ask you to
follow every single
person's thread - unless of course you want to! ;)

(I'm speaking as a godparent to a French team. When I was first approached, I accepted
with the caveat that I
would try to visit people's logs, but I couldn't guarantee it, since it's such a big team and
I'm also a member of a
big team myself. I was reassured by the team leader that I would only be expected to
keep up with the team
thread. Anything above and beyond that would be up to me.)

Thanks again for being our padrino!
S

I completely agree. I'm subscribed to all the member logs here (or at least I think I am, I
may have missed a couple along the line) and it can be pretty time consuming to keep up
with all of them. Given that you are already freely volunteering your time already to help
this team, expecting you to follow the member logs as well would be awfully
presumptuous of us. In fact, if you don't mind, I'm going to copy and paste my recent
Spanish postings here for you to review (since you'd have to be following my log and my
Twitter account to have seen them otherwise).

Log post on Jan 18th
Ya es el sábado y no he escribido nada en español esta semana todavía. {suspiro} El
jueves comencé a sentirme enfermo asi que me no he motivado para hacer nada.

Log post on Jan 18th
Acabo de terminar de ver el primer capítulo de "Buffy: The Vampire Slayer" en español.
Por alguna razón, el primer parte no tiene subtítulos. Por eso, vi el primer parte sin
subtítulos y el segundo parte con subtítulos en inglés. Fue muy interesante y entendí
más de lo que había esperado.

Translation:
I just finished watching the first episode of "Buffy: The Vampire Slayer" in Spanish. For
some reason, the first part did not have any subtitles. So I watched the first part
without subtitles and the second part with English subtitles. It was very interesting and
I understood more than I had expected.

Tweet to The Real CZ on Jan 25th
(which I also posted in Korean as he isn't studying Spanish)
Desde 13 de enero no escribes aquí...¿porqué no?

Tweet on Jan 25th
(which was a translation of a tweet I had just made in Korean)[
Hoy ayudé a mi madre a mudarse. Por eso, me duele la espalda y me deulen las pies y
estoy completamente agotado.

Tweet to Youngbin about her Spanish studies after a brief chat with her in Korean
Entonces buena suerte con sus estudios.

Tweet from just a few minutes ago
Tuve un mes muy ocupado en enero. Espero tener más tiempo este mes.

Edited by Warp3 on 02 February 2014 at 1:06am

mrwarper
Diglot
Winner TAC 2012
Spain
forum_posts.asp?TID=Registered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5020 days ago

1493 posts - 2500 votes 
Speaks: Spanish*, EnglishC2
Studies: German, Russian, Japanese

Message 191 of 319
02 February 2014 at 1:54pm | IP Logged 
dbag wrote:
[...] como mucho de ustedes [...] estudiando Espanol.
Vivo en Suffolk, inglatera y tengo un accento tipico de este parte del pais, un hecho que me da muchas problemas en hablando con un bien accento espanol.
De hecho, no he escribido nada en Espanol
[...]
respecto a mis otras metas, quiro terminar [...] Los tres caines.
[....] y encontrar otras escritores espanohablantes.
[...]
Recientemente, he cumplido 30 anos de edad.
[...] 10 paises differentes en los ultimos 2 anos. Mis favouritios
[...]
el hecho de estar paises hispanohablantes [...] su natruleza,
[...]
vivir en sudamerica por un ano.
[...]
ya son 22.18
[...]
no tengo teclado Espanol.

[...] como muchos de ustedes [...] estudiando espanol.
Vivo en Suffolk, Inglaterra y tengo un|el acento tipico de esta parte del pais, (algo que|lo cual) me da muchos problemas para hablar con un buen acento en espanol.
De hecho, no he escrito nada en espanol
[...]
respecto a mis otras metas, quiero terminar [...] "Los tres Caines".
[...] y encontrar otros escritores espanohablantes.
[...]
Hace poco he cumplido (los 30|30 anos [de edad]).
[...] 10 paises diferentes en los ultimos 2 anos. Mis favoritos
[...]
el hecho de ser paises hispanohablantes [...] su naturaleza,
[...]
vivir en sudamerica [durante] un ano.
[...]
ya son las 22.18
[...]
no tengo (un teclado|el teclado en) espanol.

Edited by mrwarper on 02 February 2014 at 2:02pm

mrwarper
Diglot
Winner TAC 2012
Spain
forum_posts.asp?TID=Registered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5020 days ago

1493 posts - 2500 votes 
Speaks: Spanish*, EnglishC2
Studies: German, Russian, Japanese

Message 192 of 319
02 February 2014 at 2:49pm | IP Logged 
Warp3 wrote:
[...] expecting you to follow the member logs as well would be awfully presumptuous of us. In fact, if you don't mind[...]

Of course I don't, that's why I volunteered :)

Quote:
Ya es el sábado y no he escribido nada en español esta semana todavía.
[...]me no he motivado para hacer nada.

Ya es sábado y todavía no he escrito nada en español esta semana.
[...]no (he estado|me he sentido) motivado para hacer nada.[/quote]

Quote:
[...] "Buffy: The Vampire Slayer" en español. [...] el primer parte [...] vi el primer parte sin subtítulos y el segundo parte [...]
más de lo que había esperado.

[...] "Buffy: Cazavampiros" en español. [...] la primera parte [...] vi la primera parte sin subtítulos y la segunda parte [...]
más de lo que esperaba. (That last one is merely stylistic.)

Quote:
[...]Desde 13 de enero [...] ¿porqué no?

Desde el 13 de enero [...] ¿por qué no?

Quote:
[...] me duele la espalda y me deulen las pies [...]

[...] me duelen la espalda y los pies [...]

Is it better to interleave original bits and corrected versions of the text?

Edited by mrwarper on 02 February 2014 at 2:50pm

This discussion contains 319 messages over 40 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version