United States
justpaste.it/Kerrie2
Joined 5189 days ago

1232 posts - 1740 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Spanish

Message 25 of 319
19 December 2013 at 1:13am | IP Logged 

Does anyone have any ideas for a team logo? What about a song or a motto?

It sounds like most of us like tam Lobo. Does anyone have any objections to it? :D

(Will update log links etc this weekend.)
1 person has voted this message useful

Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6391 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds
Speaks: Russian*, English, FinnishC1, Latin, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese
Studies: Danish, Romanian, Polish, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Croatian, Slovenian, Catalan, Czech, Galician, Dutch, Swedish

Message 26 of 319
19 December 2013 at 3:43am | IP Logged 
DamedesLangues wrote:
Hola a todos!

My passion for Spanish stems from the never-waning love I have for FC Barcelona (A Spanish football club).
My actual knowledge of said language can be considered as a false beginner at best. I'd like nothing more
than to be fully functioning in this language by the end 2014. The goal is to be a B1 level, or if I'm being
optimistic B2.

If I reach my goal, I intend to reward myself with a weekend of indulging in all things Barca with games at the
Camp Nou and Mini Estadi. I can wait for the chance to yell obscenities whenever Cesc (a player of the
aforementioned team) misplaces a pass/doesn't make a run/concedes possession/passes whilst having a
clear goal-scoring opportunity and just being all-round frustrating. Lately, I've been listening to Spanish radio
commentary (through this amazing app called TuneIn) whilst watching matches. My love of football starts with
Barca, but I greatly enjoy discussing most of the European leagues with fellow fans on twitter, I've made quite
a few Spanish amigos through it.

For now, I may die of an anxiety attack whenever I watch a Man City (an English football team who've we've
drawn in the last 16 of the Champions league) game, specially at home where they're hoarding goals and
conceding virtually none. Just the mere though of their attack contesting with our non-existent "defence" has
me quivering with fear. There's also the return of "The Yaya" to consider, imagine him glidingly running at
Mascherano as only he can, what a mismatch! We could be eliminated before the quarters, the media are
probably salivating at the thought; "The Mighty Barca have fallen, oh and how they have fallen...". Forgive my
ramblings, I'm a bit of football fanatic, in case you hadn't gathered that already ;)
I'll post my log on 1st January.

Awesome post:DDDDD What is your twitter username? ;) I'm a fan of Luka Modrić, though :PPP ♥ And I'm on "the other" team, the Iberian one :)

I have a great respect for Puyol, however. Will be gutted if he has to retire/leave for a less strong league.
And I'm even learning Catalan. If Mourinho speaks it, I'm also allowed :D

Edited by Serpent on 19 December 2013 at 3:47am

2 persons have voted this message useful

1e4e6
Octoglot
United Kingdom
Joined 4084 days ago

1013 posts - 1588 votes 
Speaks: English*, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Norwegian, Dutch, Swedish, Italian
Studies: German, Danish, Russian, Catalan

Message 27 of 319
19 December 2013 at 4:35am | IP Logged 
garyb wrote:
I'll join! I'm planning to study Spanish next year, and I don't
currently have any interest in Portuguese etc. so this team probably fits me better
than Iberia.

I've never studied Spanish before. However, I live in a city full of Spanish speakers
and so I've had a lot of Spanish friends over the years; between that and my study of
French and Italian, I've managed to pick up quite a decent passive knowledge and I can
say some sentences, although there's still a lot of very basic stuff I don't actively
know. So obviously I'm currently a beginner, but I hope to activate all that passive
knowledge and reach an intermediate/conversational level fairly quickly. My plan is to
work through Michel Thomas and then Assimil's Lo Spagnolo (Spanish for Italian
speakers), and of course take advantage of all these speaking opportunities and enjoy
the wealth of Spanish-language films and TV and books.

Which city? In Manchester, most of the Spanish that I had met were either in the
Spanish restaurants or at the university, basically my only chances to speak.

Bjorn
Diglot
Norway
Joined 4662 days ago

244 posts - 286 votes 
Speaks: Norwegian*, English
Studies: German, French

Message 30 of 319
19 December 2013 at 5:01pm | IP Logged 
Possible to join as an observer? If not that is ok.
If accepted this is my log:
Bjorn's TAC 2014 log

slikew
Groupie
United States
Joined 3867 days ago

79 posts - 95 votes 

Message 31 of 319
20 December 2013 at 5:34am | IP Logged 
Slikew's Spanish Log

AmyinBrooklyn
United States
Joined 3845 days ago

87 posts - 122 votes 

Message 32 of 319
20 December 2013 at 5:49am | IP Logged 
I would love to be a part of TAC 2014 Spanish (aka lobos). The link to sign up isn't working for me, though...

My goals for 2014:
1. 10 hours per week Spanish Study
I'm currently at about 15-18 hours per week but I'm worried that I can't keep that up for an entire year. (Maybe I'm shooting too low here)
2. Finish Assimil Spanish with Ease
3. Start FSI
4. Finish one book in Spanish (I'm reading La Reina del Sur and I think it might take me the whole year)
5. Watch 30 hours of Spanish TV/movies with Spanish subtitles

I've only been studying since October so I'm not even sure about my goals here. Would love feedback.

My log is here

This discussion contains 319 messages over 40 pages: << Prev 1 2 35 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version