Register  Login  Active Topics  Maps  

The Mind Portal...The Language Project!!!

Language Learning Forum : Learning Techniques, Methods & Strategies Post Reply
84 messages over 11 pages: << Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11 Next >>
etracher
Triglot
Groupie
Italy
Joined 5122 days ago

92 posts - 180 votes 
Speaks: English*, Italian, Spanish
Studies: Modern Hebrew, Russian, Latvian

Message 73 of 84
25 April 2011 at 3:21pm | IP Logged 
Jozen-Bo,

If I understand your post correctly, you say that you haven't got around to testing your original idea yet, is that correct? It's a shame that life can sidetrack us in such a way. When do you plan on getting the map done? How much spinning do you estimate that it will take before you will be able to speak your chosen language?

I do hope that you have been treating the mice well, though.

Edited by etracher on 25 April 2011 at 3:23pm

1 person has voted this message useful

Jozen-Bo
United States
Joined 5751 days ago

35 posts - 35 votes
Speaks: English*
Studies: German, Spanish, Dutch, Norwegian, Finnish, French
Studies: Polish, Sanskrit, Japanese, Swedish, Russian, Arabic (Written)

Message 74 of 84
12 August 2011 at 8:32am | IP Logged 
I look forward to having a German map ready soon, there is just some formatting to do on a graphics program. Too bad I already speak German, though I can give the map to friends who don't and have them test it! I should be able to get a Dutch map ready giving about 20 hours work... I'm working full time, which makes it more difficult to find that time. I plan on having the German map ready this weekend.

I estimate that spinning alone won't be enough, but it will accelerate the learning process when coupled with other techniques. The tongue needs exercise to pronounce, the mind needs exercise applying and using what is learned..I think it will aid the mind in gaining many new words and grammatical applications, I don't know what to expect when considering how long it will take, part of that depends on the condition of the memory of the one using it. Considering myself...all I can do is measure, I can't predict a time span. It will be interesting to find out when I can actually test a map on myself!!

I have only 4 mice left, all the others found new homes. I don't do anything with them anymore, I'm putting the mice experiment on ice for now at this time in my life...too much to juggle..

Kisfroccs
Bilingual Pentaglot
Switzerland
Joined 5197 days ago

388 posts - 549 votes 
Speaks: French*, German*, EnglishC1, Swiss-German, Hungarian
Studies: Italian, Serbo-Croatian

Message 75 of 84
12 August 2011 at 11:17pm | IP Logged 
Hi !

Ich habe das ganze mal durchgelesen - nicht sehr viel verstanden. Ich sehe auch nicht ganz, wie es funktionieren soll :(, da das Gehirn ziemlich kompliziert ist. Zum Beispiel weiss man ja, dass das Auge nicht 'linear' liesst, sondern "springt", von einem Buchstaben zum Anderen, zu einem Wort zum Anderen. Wie soll es dann etwas lesen, wenn es sich dreht ? Ich denke nicht, dass es funktionniert, aber ich behalte die originale Idee von diesem Kalender : ich werde dort einfach die Tage markieren, wo ich gelernt habe.

Summary : I don't think it will work, but I'll keep the original idea of your "map", to make my own entries.
Üdv.

Zsófi

leroc
United States
Joined 4099 days ago

114 posts - 167 votes 
Studies: German

Message 76 of 84
14 June 2013 at 10:03pm | IP Logged 
What I'm wondering is: did you learn how to speak Epileptic properly after this spinning wheel experiment?

Jozen-Bo
United States
Joined 5751 days ago

35 posts - 35 votes

Message 77 of 84
09 August 2013 at 8:17pm | IP Logged 
Kisfroccs wrote:
Hi !

Ich habe das ganze mal durchgelesen - nicht sehr viel verstanden. Ich sehe auch nicht
ganz, wie es funktionieren soll :(, da das Gehirn ziemlich kompliziert ist. Zum
Beispiel weiss man ja, dass das Auge nicht 'linear' liesst, sondern "springt", von
einem Buchstaben zum Anderen, zu einem Wort zum Anderen. Wie soll es dann etwas lesen,
wenn es sich dreht ? Ich denke nicht, dass es funktionniert, aber ich behalte die
originale Idee von diesem Kalender : ich werde dort einfach die Tage markieren, wo ich
gelernt habe.

Summary : I don't think it will work, but I'll keep the original idea of your "map", to
make my own entries.
Üdv.

Zsófi

Ich habe kein Deutsch gesprecht fur veilen Zeit. Aber ich vorstehe was Sie haben
geschreibt. Danke fur das Anwortet, ich weiss nicht, aber jetzt ich haben in die lasten
Wochen ein Karte gemacht. Ich muss fliegen jetzt, und ich wird arbeitet mit deiser
Karte wenn ich habe umgezogt. Die Zeil ist Spanish, und ich weiss Spanish nicht. Jetzt
ich wird lernen, wie gut oder nicht gut deiser Karte funktioniert. Veilen Dank!

(Pardon my German, I haven´t used it in almost two years. I no longer live in Germany,
I have the material for a German to English map, but I am eager to test the Spanish to
English map because I can´t speak Spanish, and don´t know that language. This is the
second time I have worked with a map like this, I made mistakes with the first attempt,
hand writing was one of the mistakes, doing word to word with no grammar was the second
mistake. This new map addresses both mistakes, printed, and with grammar. I won´t be
able to focus and begin right now, I have to move, I am flying soon. When I reach my
destiny I will be finally after all this time putting this to the test. I will variate
the speed, rotating and reading out loud slowly once, and then spinning and relaxing my
mind, without worrying about gathering information, letting the wheel come to a stop on
its own. I recall I did get results from my first attempt, enough to keep my interest
level for a second attempt.. only 2 weeks before I ditched the hand written map. If it
doesn´t work, I will be the wiser and not use it. If it does work, I will see how far I
can take it. Thank you)

Jozen-Bo
United States
Joined 5751 days ago

35 posts - 35 votes

Message 78 of 84
09 August 2013 at 8:34pm | IP Logged 
Note: I no longer reply to rude remarks. I would ask a moderator to use their fair
judgement if any such remarks are made. I am hot tempered, and I have learned to avoid
heated arguments with people who do not constructively criticize. I am more cautious
now, having dealt with countless trolls, I simply don´t talk to them. This gives me
peace of mind, and in this way I can represent myself as honorably as possible. I am
seldom on forums or the internet these days. I have giving up on using the internet as
a means to gather interest on the potentials of this system. I don´t even bother to
tell people I know unless I know them well.

I have done other experiments and it was a learning experience. I will be applying my
new found knowledge. Two experiments were both successful in finding evidence of
changes occurring when geometrical codes where interacted upon. From one of these two I
have on record a scant number of videos showing and supporting this. I will be
calculating the statistics soon, though off the top of my head they approximate within
less then a 1 in a 1,000,000 chance of coincidence. However, since the nature of these
two experiments does NOT involve language, I will be considering what to do with the
evidence and what to do with the knowledge on my own.   

etracher
Triglot
Groupie
Italy
Joined 5122 days ago

92 posts - 180 votes 
Speaks: English*, Italian, Spanish
Studies: Modern Hebrew, Russian, Latvian

Message 79 of 84
09 August 2013 at 9:07pm | IP Logged 
Jozen-Bo,
thank you very much for posting once again on this forum. Please do not worry about
rude remarks or replying to sceptics or anything of the sort. There might be a few
people on this forum who do not reply in a polite fashion, but I am sure that most of
the people here are very interested in the results of your research.
Would you be willing to describe what you have called "a learning experience"? This
system seems so revolutionary in its fundamental nature that one ought to lay the
evidence out even in the face of what Wallace Stevens once called the "mickey mockers".
Please do not feel that you need to work out the exact calculations of the statistics,
as Disraeli once said, "There are lies, damned lies, and statistics". I am not saying
you are a liar, on the contrary Disraeli's quote is intended to demonstrate that people
will not believe statistics, now matter how well they are calculated, because people
think that your "1 in a 1,000,000 chance" is completely false.
Some people might criticize you even here, but I urge you to explain as much as
possible, for the edification of the open minded.

2 persons have voted this message useful

Jeffers
United Kingdom
Joined 4697 days ago

2151 posts - 3960 votes 
Studies: Hindi, Ancient Greek, French, Sanskrit, German

Message 80 of 84
09 August 2013 at 11:39pm | IP Logged 
etracher wrote:

Please do not feel that you need to work out the exact calculations of the statistics,
as Disraeli once said, "There are lies, damned lies, and statistics". I am not saying
you are a liar, on the contrary Disraeli's quote is intended to demonstrate that people
will not believe statistics, now matter how well they are calculated, because people
think that your "1 in a 1,000,000 chance" is completely false.

Sorry to get off topic, but you have misunderstood Disraeli. He was giving an increasing series of mistruths: lies are bad, damned lies are worse, and statistics are the worst of all. What he meant was that statistics seem to prove almost anything, it just matters how you spin the facts. As the wikipedia article on the quote says, the original quote reads, "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics."

People have good reason to question statistics, when they are presented without the option to examine how they were gathered and calculated.

Or, to quote myself:
63% of statistics are made up. Especially this one.

This discussion contains 84 messages over 11 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version