Register  Login  Active Topics  Maps  

The Mind Portal...The Language Project!!!

Language Learning Forum : Learning Techniques, Methods & Strategies Post Reply
84 messages over 11 pages: 1 24 5 6 7 ... 3 ... 10 11 Next >>
Rollo the Cat
Groupie
United States
Joined 5822 days ago

77 posts - 90 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Italian, Russian, Ancient Greek

Message 17 of 84
29 July 2008 at 1:21pm | IP Logged 
Jozen-Bo gets my vote for most entertaining forum member ever!
1 person has voted this message useful

Jozen-Bo
United States
Joined 5751 days ago

35 posts - 35 votes
Studies: German, Spanish, Dutch, Norwegian, Finnish, French
Studies: Polish, Sanskrit, Japanese, Swedish, Russian, Arabic (Written)

Message 18 of 84
29 July 2008 at 2:19pm | IP Logged 
TheElvenLord wrote:
Jozon-bo

Can you please explain to me how this method works, after reading this, I am still not sure of what to do, and how it works.

Thanks
TEL

OK!

(click on thumbnail to enlarge)

By jozenbo at 2008-01-22
(A blank Time Map, which can be used however one so desires and sees fit)

By jozenbo at 2008-03-27
(this is an example of a spinning poem)

The pictures above should help. You take a full sized blank map and prepare the information that goes into it one map at a time. After having several maps prepared, you then have a set of maps. I could be wrong about how I am putting this together, but one has to make mistakes sometimes when trying to get something done. I am hoping my approach is the right one.

Here is how it works.

For the 1st map, you place the alphabet into the middle ring's cells until it is filled out. At the top of each cell you place the foreign letter or character, and below it in the same cell the word in your own native language. After filling in the alphabet, for the remainder of the introduction map, you use words specially chosen as gathered from school text books, groups of verbs or time expressions or numbers or the such. Each cell gets at least one word in the target language and then the equivalent below it in the same cell. When the cells get larger, they are divide into smaller cells so that more words can be used. When using hand writing, a map typically fits about 800 words. Beyond the groups there is no attempt to explain anything.

For the 2nd and 3rd maps, word charts are placed into areas like blocks, allowing the newer words to fit in between. These charts include past, present, future, plural or singular, etc. So, then the rules are slowly introduced. Also, the 2nd and 3rd maps include and introduce sentence structures. Any maps beyond the 3rd are for expanding vocabulary or learning the more advanced rules.

These maps are placed on a wheel. To use them correctly, one needs to mix the methods of looking at them. They take some time first to study the map while it is stationary, then they rotate it very slowly and read over the tracks. Then they rotate it a little faster and look at the tracks and rows, seeing the structure in different ways. Then they spin it fast, very fast, and see nothing at all except a blur of lines. As their eyes get trained, they eventually are able to see the words despite the spin rate, but that takes time for the mind and senses to adjust to.

Initially its very disorientating, and the brain and senses automatically begin to work (adapt) to make sense out of it to the consciousness. While this is happening, the information is sinking into the subconscious, so that the words are entering the mind by more means then one. As they get reinforced over time there, they eventually begin to surface up to the consciousness and the process of learning the language is accelerated greatly.

THIS IS IMPORTANT...this does not substitute the normal means by which to learn a language, one still needs to listen, communicate, and practice as they would normally. This is for accelerating the process many times over, not substituting it. If it works, then one should be able to learn many times faster then they would otherwise by the normal means they were using. Repetition is one of the keys to strengthening the memory (I have studied the memory exclusively before, this is beyond question), so...here we have the words repeating over and over before the mind and senses as the rotation process automatically takes care of this.

I will leave a link of a video I made of the Mind Portal as it uses a day code, which is something else entirely and has much different affects (talk about opening a can of worms...). I am not here to discuss these affects, which are triggered by a time journal (or dairy) geometrical code one must dig and search their own minds for, so when you see a bunch of strange symbols (and yes, it is a written language, one I developed myself to keep track of what happens to my time), pretend for a second that you are instead seeing words go by.

Also, the video will never replace the real thing, as monitor refresh rates, poor picture resolution, smaller image viewing, and other subtle factors can not make up for the face to face viewing of a real map in spin. Still, this should help give a vague idea of what spinning and viewing might be like (though when I said rotate slowly, I mean slower then what is seen in the video, using different rotation rates is an important part of this process).

So, here is it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVZpVfOe7ME

I hope this clears things up for you, though if you have any more questions feel free to ask.

Respectfully,
Jozen-Bo

onjutbar
GermanyRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 6681 days ago

9 posts - 9 votes
Speaks: German*

Message 19 of 84
29 July 2008 at 3:52pm | IP Logged 

Edited by onjutbar on 28 August 2008 at 9:00am

apparition
Octoglot
United States
Joined 6438 days ago

600 posts - 667 votes 
Speaks: English*, Arabic (Written), French, Arabic (Iraqi), Portuguese, German, Italian, Spanish
Studies: Pashto

Message 20 of 84
29 July 2008 at 4:22pm | IP Logged 
Jozen-Bo wrote:
The daring are the ones who lead, the hesitant are the ones to follow. The daring are daring because they are taking the greatest chances, the greatest risks. And...the greater the risk the greater the return if the risk pays off...though I am in no way disrespecting your choices, they are reasonable and safe ones to make.

Well, we don't have to be Wilber and Orville Wright to fly in a plane, do we? This message board is mainly about learning languages, not inventing crazy, life-altering methods of whatever the heck it is you're aiming at.

Anyways, cheers and good luck.

Cainntear
Pentaglot
Scotland
linguafrankly.blogsp
Joined 5799 days ago

4399 posts - 7687 votes 
Speaks: Lowland Scots, English*, French, Spanish, Scottish Gaelic
Studies: Catalan, Italian, German, Irish, Welsh

Message 21 of 84
29 July 2008 at 5:01pm | IP Logged 
Quote:
don't give me the "we can have the experience of things without having the experience of them" request...it makes it harder for you to make a valid point, OK?

Weren't we talking about language? Isn't the point of language to experience things without having the experience of them? Did your mother never read you a bed-time story? Diddums!

Quote:
GREAT!!! Let me know which language or dead language you intend to encrypt!

Also...without setting up the right patterns of energy, spinning fast enough won't do as you say, though if you could manage to overcome the stress of torque, gravity, centrifugal spin force, and friction burn and make one of these (or anything) spin fast enough, you'll be making a black hole! Fun stuff spinning isn't it?

Ah, you're not a loony -- you're just a troll.
And I fell for it. I did honestly believe you were a genuine fruitloop.

leosmith
United States
Joined 6338 days ago

2365 posts - 3804 votes 
Studies: Tagalog

Message 22 of 84
29 July 2008 at 10:49pm | IP Logged 
It really is about language learning!

joan.carles
Bilingual Pentaglot
Canada
Joined 6121 days ago

332 posts - 342 votes 
Speaks: Spanish*, Catalan*, French, EnglishC1, EnglishC2, Mandarin
Studies: Hungarian, Russian, Georgian

Message 23 of 84
30 July 2008 at 1:39am | IP Logged 
Man, what do we have to smoke before watching your videos??

no further comments on this thing.

Jozen-Bo
United States
Joined 5751 days ago

35 posts - 35 votes
Studies: German, Spanish, Dutch, Norwegian, Finnish, French
Studies: Polish, Sanskrit, Japanese, Swedish, Russian, Arabic (Written)

Message 24 of 84
30 July 2008 at 6:05am | IP Logged 
onjutbar wrote:

Except for that Tarzan guy. And please people, do yourself a favor and don't watch that youtube thing. I was stupid enough to do it a minute and I suffered for you all.

Very mature, if someone has interest in this project you will resort to name calling. And to make matters worse, you apparently think that you are the leader of the people, as if you can speak on behalf of everyone, and as if everyone shares your opinion- otherwise they are to be called names.

I know that the video isn't great quality, I made it with a cell phone, and not to amuse but to help get ideas across, just to give a rough idea of what I am talking about. Its not like I am trying to win an Emmy award here...

If you can do it, so can I...

People, please make up your mind for yourself like adults do and don't let this guy treat you like a baby and tell you how to think or what to do, he's merely confusing his own opinions with facts and apparently believes that is the only opinion that matters.

apparition wrote:

Well, we don't have to be Wilber and Orville Wright to fly in a plane, do we? This message board is mainly about learning languages, not inventing crazy, life-altering methods of whatever the heck it is you're aiming at.

Anyways, cheers and good luck.

Apparition, you are correct about the plane (note that the scientists of their times all called them crazy, said it would never fly, and ridiculed them for having such a "crazy idea", oh, but we don't remember any of their names do we?). However, you are incorrect to call this invention crazy without knowing anything about it or the results it may produce, don't jump the gun. For the most part, I appreciate your good manners, you compose yourself with the basic dignity and respect that a mature adult would.

Cheers to you and may luck find you!

Quote:

Weren't we talking about language? Isn't the point of language to experience things without having the experience of them? Did your mother never read you a bed-time story? Diddums!

Ah, you're not a loony -- you're just a troll.
And I fell for it. I did honestly believe you were a genuine fruitloop.

What are you talking about? The point of a language it to communicate, where do you get these absurd ideas? "The point of a language is to experience things without having to experience them"...WTF? NO...it's to communicate! C.O.M.M.U.N.I.C.A.T.E! And yes, my mother did read bed-time stories...and 'diddums' is not an English word!

You are very confused about what a troll is obviously, since it is impossible for me to troll my own thread, unless I myself lose focus, and the focus is the experiment. Please do not troll my thread with words like loony, fruit-loop, or any other forms of name calling, show some respect and have some decency for other people's ideas and ventures, quite trying to control everyone's opinions with your own. If you choose to add anymore to this thread, I am very much hoping it won't be some irrelevant trollish name-calling comment and that it will be something useful.

Thank You!

------------------
leosmith wrote:

It really is about language learning!

NO!!!

IT...is really a freaking science fiction film, I am laughing at this point, because this is getting very silly. Leosmith...can you not distinguish fictional films from real life news? I am beginning to wonder...are you maybe a child still living with your parents?

joan.carles wrote:
Man, what do we have to smoke before watching your videos??

no further comments on this thing.

Why must SOME people bog this thread down with their pointless opinions?

No further comments on your comments.

------------------------------------------------------

Now that that's all said and done, let me make note; regardless of the desperate attempts to hamper, slow down, stop, cut off access to this experiment, lead people away from, or the likes; the experiment WILL continue.

I ask at this point that if you don't find this to your interest that you have the decency and courtesy not to weigh it down with opinions that attempt to undermine and steer other people's opinions, and let them make their minds up for themselves. Please, I have no interest in hearing criticism that has no constructive thought or reasoning behind it. If you want to share your opinion, please back it up with reasoning or simply don't share it. If you have a comment to make, consider if it is a valid one or not. If you have a question, ask yourself first if it isn't a pointed question or if it isn't a relevant question. The last thing I want to see are 10-20 pages of childish name calling and pointless reading.

Edited by Jozen-Bo on 30 July 2008 at 6:27am

This discussion contains 84 messages over 11 pages: << Prev 1 24 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version