Groupie
United StatesRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5844 days ago

72 posts - 88 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish
Studies: Portuguese

Message 49 of 77
11 December 2009 at 9:28am | IP Logged 
I learned Spanish in about 6 months... fluent in around 9 or 10 months, but that inclueded me with a colombian girlfriend, loving the language and the culture of colombia, living in miami and loving the music. I completely immersed myself and I definitely had the advantage. I learned it with a grammar book and 2 hours of rosetta stone ;)
1 person has voted this message useful

datsunking1
Diglot
United States
Joined 5381 days ago

1014 posts - 1533 votes 
Studies: German, Russian, Dutch, French

Message 50 of 77
11 December 2009 at 5:27pm | IP Logged 
Lo siento pero yo dudo que aprendas el español en 9 meses. he estudiado español por cuatro años y ya no diría que lo hablo con fluidez.

burgler09
Diglot
Groupie
United StatesRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5844 days ago

72 posts - 88 votes 
Studies: Portuguese

Message 51 of 77
12 December 2009 at 2:17am | IP Logged 
pues no me importa si me creas o no.. he tenido novias ke no hablaban ingles jaja... vivi en miami (nadie habla ingles) y viaje en colombia. pero kien sabe.. tal vez hablas mejor portugues q yo :P

Edited by burgler09 on 12 December 2009 at 2:20am

2 persons have voted this message useful

datsunking1
Diglot
United States
Joined 5381 days ago

1014 posts - 1533 votes 
Studies: German, Russian, Dutch, French

Message 52 of 77
12 December 2009 at 2:57am | IP Logged 
eso fue para healer lol

katilica
Bilingual Diglot
Groupie
United States
Joined 5267 days ago

70 posts - 109 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish*
Studies: French, Catalan

Message 53 of 77
12 December 2009 at 7:19am | IP Logged 
Well I do believe that someone can learn a language in less than a year. I am not saying that they would know every grammar rule but they would be able to comfortably employ the language in an advanced setting. Those who argue that it is impossible because they have spent 4+ years mastering the language, should realize that everyone has different talents. I cannot solve complicated math problems after all of these years yet others seem to understand them after the first explanation. I was able to read English at the university level by the time I was 12 after only 3 years of being in an 'English only' class. I also managed to get A's in French class when all I did was put my head down and somewhat listened to what was being said. Other people however, studied and couldn't figure the language out. My biggest shock was when one of my French friend's mom said I had 'quite a good French accent' this coming from the people that criticize every little mistake. I am by no means fluent in French since I never bothered to study outside of class and have not had French class in 2 years, but I managed to pick up quite a bit. Again, I do not claim to speak French =p.
   I do have suspicions though, that our OP may not be fluent in Spanish at all. As we all know, understanding a language is one thing and speaking it is something completely different. A person may understand a language but may still not be able to produce grammatically correct sentences themselves. Then again, I don't know English grammar perfectly and a grammar nazi may find more than a few errors in my post. =]
The OP could dispel posters' claims that he is not fluent by simply writing to us in Spanish; so far he has not done so even after being asked to do so various times.
¡Escribir en español es facíl! Escríbenos algo en español por favor. =D
I also agree with other posters when they say that it seems as though the OP is saying every other method is wrong and his is oh so right. NEWS FLASH!!! Everyone has different ways of learning! This fact is one that can be learned in a simple high school education class or any class for that matter. What works for you will not work for everyone and others NEED those language tapes and grammar books. I am not a supporter of the, "this method will work for anyone and all others are wrong" movement.
Excuse my rant and please do give us the honor of seeing your awesome Spanish skills. I am not writing this in a sarcastic manner and am actually quite serious.
3 persons have voted this message useful

katilica
Bilingual Diglot
Groupie
United States
Joined 5267 days ago

70 posts - 109 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish*
Studies: French, Catalan

Message 54 of 77
12 December 2009 at 7:28am | IP Logged 
burgler09 wrote:
pues no me importa si me creas o no.. he tenido novias ke no hablaban ingles jaja... vivi en miami (nadie habla ingles) y viaje en colombia. pero kien sabe.. tal vez hablas mejor portugues q yo :P

A mi me parece que hablas bien el español. Tal vez no lo hables perfectamente pero se nota que lo hablas mejor que otros que se pasan años estudiando el idioma.
hmmm... I would cut out the slang on these forums such as the k for 'qu'. It may help them take you a bit more seriously; not that I ever abide by all of the rules in both Spanish and English on forums.there are however, a few fanatics out there who would love to say you don't know Spanish due to this. BTW, having a Colombian girlfriend does help (not that I would know since I am not into girls..jeje) just an observation since you really have no choice but to immerse yourself in the language unless you want others talking about you without understanding what is being said.

lynxrunner
Bilingual Triglot
United States
crittercryptics.com
Joined 5718 days ago

361 posts - 461 votes 
Speaks: English*, Spanish*, French
Studies: Russian, Swedish, Haitian Creole

Message 55 of 77
13 December 2009 at 2:48am | IP Logged 
Quote:
Det är ett välkänt faktum att män med mindre könsorgan är de som är mest intresserade
snuskiga och omoraliska bilder och litteratur. De män som talar högt och gärna om detta
är de som är värst påverkade av fenomenet med låg självkänsla förorsakat av avsaknad av
stort könsorgan. Det är definitivt olämlpligt att diskutera sådant här på ett språkforum
och det imponerar ingen förutom omogna tonårspojkar.

Wow, that was really rude and unnecessary (if you DO have some study that correlates penis size with the enjoyment of 'immoral pictures', please show it to me since this goes against the research I've seen).

I don't understand what's up with all the people writing in Spanish/Swedish and then going "read THIS" since Babelfish or google translate will give you a pretty readable translation.

I do think the original poster was a fake since he said that he won't post here anymore (and though he gave examples of his mad swedish skills, never wrote anything in Spanish other than 'estoy caliente' and 'sacar la basura') and that's usually the sign of a disgruntled forum veteran or someone who's been called out on their garbage.
4 persons have voted this message useful

IronFist
United States
Joined 6233 days ago

663 posts - 941 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Japanese, Korean

Message 56 of 77
13 December 2009 at 3:30am | IP Logged 
Skype chat with the OP in Spanish. Test his skills.

Of course he could be a native Spanish speaker all along. Who knows.

Oh wait, it doesn't matter since he's "done with this thread" huh.

This discussion contains 77 messages over 10 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 68 9 10  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version