Joined 5658 days ago

5460 posts - 6006 votes 
1 sounds
Speaks: German*, DutchC1, EnglishB2, French, Italian, Spanish, Esperanto
Studies: Latin, Danish, Norwegian, Turkish
Personal Language Map

Message 1 of 6
21 December 2010 at 5:26pm | IP Logged 
This is the thread to orgnanize and develop the Team TAC 2011. The other TAC 2011 thread is only for the announcement of people who want to participate.

Fasulye

Edited by Fasulye on 21 December 2010 at 5:26pm

4 persons have voted this message useful

ellasevia
Super Polyglot
Winner TAC 2011
Germany
Joined 5953 days ago

2150 posts - 3229 votes 
Speaks: English*, German, Croatian, Greek, French, Spanish, Russian, Swedish, Portuguese, Turkish, Italian
Studies: Catalan, Persian, Mandarin, Japanese, Romanian, Ukrainian

Message 2 of 6
21 December 2010 at 6:39pm | IP Logged 
Thank you, Fasulye, for creating this thread. I was wondering whether I should create it myself to just have one listing for the teams, but I thought it might have been better to keep everything in one place. However, now that it's been created I'll list the updated teams (and individual participants) here. This post will be updated to include any changes, so please check back to ensure you know what team you're on and who your teammates are. Team assignments are final on December 27th, 2010.

As of now, this is how it stands:
TAC 2011 TEAM CHALLENGE PARTICIPANTS
Team ع (Arabic): marvelgirll, Quabazaa, Préposition, strikingstar
Team 唐 (Chinese): Whitefish (M), jimbo (C), Li Fei (M), heechul (M)
Team IJ (Dutch): noriyuki_nomura, J S
Team X (English): Just a Dreamer*, Gerwin
Team Ŭ (Esperanto): Lianne, LittleBoy
Team Π(French): Cetacea, garyb, Metaflower, janalisa, ReneeMona
Team Ÿ (French): Persona, cazgram, marrubizko, Sunja
Team ÇÜ (French/German): troglodyte, LanguageSponge, tomsawyer, Jinx, zenmonkey
Team ß (German): gizmo2012, lerner, ummagumma, Anya, carolcdr, PonyGirl, Kuikentje
Team Ω (Greek): Alpha (M), aloysius (M), Sir Lunch-a-lot (A)
Team ש (Hebrew): Meelämmchen, Hakan D, MichaelM204351
Team Ő (Hungarian): Lapislazuli, hribecek, The Stephen, Kisfroccs
Team Þ (Icelandic): anni_online, Vasilis
Team Ì (Italian): magictom123, JPike1028, diabolo menthe, canada38
Team あ (Japanese): Luai_lashire, g-bod, NasoSayso, Arekkusu, budonoseito, fortheo, Lycan, kraemder
Team چ (Persian): ellasevia, Élan
Team Ł (Polish): Magdalene**, ruskivyetr, bright eyes
Team Ж (Russian): Solfrid Cristin, nogoodnik, geordie, snovymgodom, Alexander.Stoma
Team Я (Russian): handfulofkeys, petrklic, dotdotdot, joanthemaid, arodriguez66
Team Å (Scandinavian): Ncruz (N), akprocks (D), Jaynie (D), P0nd3r (S)
Team Ñ (Spanish): Monte_Cristo, Vos, nuriayasmin, horshod, jhois777
Team É (Spanish): amber5499, Kerrie, Icaria909, tennisace, JamesAE
Team Ğ (Turkish): Sierra, Fasulye, ilcommunication, akkadboy, zuneybunny
Team KEN: Adrean, Buttons, M. Medialis, Teango

* Formerly rob4languages
** Formerly thephantomgoat

Parenthetical Abbreviations:
M = Mandarin, C = Cantonese, M = Modern Greek, A = Ancient Greek, N = Norwegian, S = Swedish, D = Danish

TAC 2011 INDIVIDUAL CHALLENGE PARTICIPANTS
acriter: French, German, Japanese, Swedish
bramsterdam: German, Russian
b.reeze: Dutch, French, Italian
emqo: Korean
dancingpolyglot: Spanish
Fabrizio: Afrikaans, Japanese, Spanish
FVerschoor: Dutch, Russian, Spanish
Genocyde: German, Mandarin, Persian, Russian, Swahili, Swedish
Iolanthe: Dutch, Spanish
john234: Spanish
kmart: Italian
LauraM: German
mick33: Afrikaans, Finnish, Spanish, Swedish
Mistral: English
polyglossia: English, German, Italian, Portuguese, Romanian, Spanish
Przemek: Hindi, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Swahili, Turkish
robsolete: Arabic, French, Mandarin, Russian, Spanish
sage74: Japanese, Korean, Mandarin
Slacker: "Rosetta Stone Challenge"
songlines: French, Mandarin
Spanky: French, German, Japanese
subhash123: French
Sulis: French
S.Vanessa: French, German
The Real CZ: Japanese, Korean
TixhiiDon: Georgian
Tournesol: French
tozick: English, Finnish, Spanish
Violette: French

If you are wishing to participate in a 2011 TAC Challenge but don’t see your name on one of these lists, please announce your participation in this thread. If you notice any errors at all, please point them out to me and I’ll fix them right away. Also note that unless you specifically say otherwise, I will add you to the TTAC list. If you are unhappy for any reason with your team assignment, just send me a PM and I’ll try to work it out. Note that suggestions for team names are still welcome.

As of December 23rd, I'm now including links to each person's log, if it has been started. If I've missed your log, the link doesn't work, I've linked to the wrong log, or any other problem, just tell me. :)

This list represents the original teams and participants with any additions which were made along the way. For a more updated list of the current team composition and active competitors, please see this thread.

Edited by ellasevia on 17 December 2011 at 3:47am

26 persons have voted this message useful

Fasulye
Heptaglot
Winner TAC 2012
Germany
fasulyespolyglotblog
Joined 5658 days ago

5460 posts - 6006 votes 
1 sounds
Personal Language Map

Message 3 of 6
24 December 2010 at 8:21am | IP Logged 
TAGS and MICROTAGS

There seems to be some confusion about the tagging system of the log section, so here comes the general explanation of it:

1. TAGS

On the top of each thread in this log section but also in the whole forum there is a very important "ADD TAG" button. If you click on it there will appear an alphabetical list of more than 100 different tags to choose from. By clicking on such tags everyone can add them so that they will appear under the title of the thread or your log. There is written the word "Keywords:" and then the tags you have chosen from the list will appear. On the right side of each chosen tag there is a grey dustbin. If you click on the dustbin at the right side of a tag, then the tag will be deleted. So if you only want to delete a tag, you should also first click on the "ADD TAG" button on the top of your log. Of course every placed tag can be deleted again by clicking on the grey dustbin.

2. MICROTAGS

They can only be found in the log section and they have really nothing to do with the tags on the top of each thread to appear under the title of your log. The only function of these microtags is to tag single posts in your log. If you want to place a microtag just click on the "MICROTAG" button and your personalized microtags will appear to choose from. All languages will appear as microtags which are listed in your profile. So if you have listed three languages in your profile, then three possible microtags will appear to choose from. The idea of the microtags is that you can tag your individual posts with the languages you study. If you place a microtag by clicking on the "MICROTAG" button and choosing a language tag, then of course also a grey dustbin will appear on the right side of the microtag, which allows you to delete the microtag. So every microtag which is placed can be deleted again.

NB: The "ADD TAG" button doesn't appear for newbies (= new users). I regulary have a look in the log section and I tag the still untagged logs. If a newbie wants to have his/her log tagged, please make us attent.

Fasulye

Edited by Fasulye on 24 December 2010 at 1:26pm

4 persons have voted this message useful

Fasulye
Heptaglot
Winner TAC 2012
Germany
fasulyespolyglotblog
Joined 5658 days ago

5460 posts - 6006 votes 
1 sounds
Personal Language Map

Message 5 of 6
24 December 2010 at 1:53pm | IP Logged 
Only newbies don't have the "ADD TAG" function on top of the thread. All senior members can use the "ADD TAG" function. But everyone can use the "MICROTAG" function. But now I understand Kuikentje's confusion better, because she wanted to tag the top of her TAC log with a microtag, because she has no "ADD TAG" button as a newbie.

Fasulye

Edited by Fasulye on 24 December 2010 at 1:54pm

1 person has voted this message useful

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login. If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version