Register  Login  Active Topics  Maps  

The Ultimate Accelerated Learning Exp. !

Language Learning Forum : Learning Techniques, Methods & Strategies Post Reply
200 messages over 25 pages: 1 24 5 6 7 ... 3 ... 24 25 Next >>
Abazid
Diglot
Egypt
Joined 4830 days ago

16 posts - 23 votes
Speaks: Arabic (Egyptian)*, English
Studies: Russian

Message 17 of 200
07 April 2011 at 1:19pm | IP Logged 
Ari wrote:
Abazid wrote:
Mainly I will follow this :
http://superconscious1.blogspot.com/2008/01/61-hour-language -immersion.html

I don't get it. Why would you use this method when you could instead use the same site to learn to understand any spoken language? Much more useful. And you can also learn levitation and telepathy on this site.

So, uh, you're a science major, huh?

Look I'm not here to prove myself to anyone , I've already set my mind upon doing this experiment and I've decided that I should share it , Not to gain anybody's approval, So if you think it's bunk and a waste of time and you have a rigid belief related to it that's up to you ,You could simply move on .

And if that helps , YES these psychic phenomena have been accounted many times and aren't really miraculous in anyway , They've been researched & even mastered by the US Government . The quantum holographic theory of the universe and the principles of Resonance & Non-locality pretty much explains how all of these phenomena occur , Glossolalia or Xenoglossia are also possible through the scientific theories of the Morphogenetic Universe that relates to collective memory and how any species have access to it all the time , And yeah maybe I will .

Quote:
If you agree, why are you even considering it?

The brain is not a camera and it generalises all input in terms of known patterns. If you don't know the patterns, it cannot process it subconciously.

I'm not going to be using speed reading in this , I'm going to use the other methods I've listed and they're completely different .

This is not true , At any moment you're at least receiving about 4 billion bits of visual information , Their conscious access has been tested by going through them by Hypnosis , And the whole subconscious mainly operates through images(Holograms), What you're talking about is the bridge between the memory of the conscious (7 +/- bits of info) mind & subconscious mind , Which is a different story .

Edited by Abazid on 07 April 2011 at 1:31pm

1 person has voted this message useful

Arekkusu
Hexaglot
Canada
bit.ly/qc_10_lec
Joined 5194 days ago

3971 posts - 7747 votes 
Speaks: English, French*, GermanC1, Spanish, Japanese, Esperanto
Studies: Italian, Norwegian, Mandarin, Romanian, Estonian

Message 18 of 200
07 April 2011 at 1:31pm | IP Logged 
It's been about 48 hours since your first post. You only have half a day left before you understand Russian.
You must be pretty excited.
6 persons have voted this message useful

hrhenry
Octoglot
United States
languagehopper.blogs
Joined 4943 days ago

1871 posts - 3642 votes 
Speaks: English*, SpanishC2, ItalianC2, Norwegian, Catalan, Galician, Turkish, Portuguese
Studies: Polish, Indonesian, Ojibwe

Message 19 of 200
07 April 2011 at 3:05pm | IP Logged 
Abazid wrote:

I'm real curious about the result of such an experiment , Mainly I will follow this :
http://superconscious1.blogspot.com/2008/01/61-hour-language -immersion.html

Without the instructors , I'll substitute it for 61 hours of audio learning material like Michel Thomas , Pimsleur & Rosetta Stone , Non-stop .
I'm not aiming for absolute fluency , It's mentioned in the link above that in 12 hours the student mastered about 1000 words of vocabulary , I think that this alone is a very good start for anyone , And continuing would be result in great improvements , And anyways I've got nothing to lose and a lot to gain =) .

That alone is unworkable with the materials you've chosen.

If you've ever gone through even a "Complete" Pimsleur course, you would know you need 15 hours for a single listen. And you get a vocabulary of about 250 words, if that. Add another 12 hours for a single listen of Michel Thomas, which likely has overlap of vocabulary, but let's be generous and say you'll get another 100 words out of that.

That gives you maybe 350 words in 27 hours (listening once to each course). Doesn't sound very efficient. And I can guarantee you that with just a single listen to these courses, you will not retain everything long-term that's in them.

R.
==
2 persons have voted this message useful

Splog
Diglot
Czech Republic
anthonylauder.c
Joined 5482 days ago

1062 posts - 3263 votes 
Speaks: English*, Czech
Studies: Mandarin

Message 20 of 200
07 April 2011 at 3:51pm | IP Logged 
Abazid wrote:
The quantum holographic theory of the universe and the principles of
Resonance & Non-locality pretty much explains how all of these phenomena occur ,
Glossolalia or Xenoglossia are also possible through the scientific theories of the
Morphogenetic Universe that relates to collective memory and how any species have access
to it all the time.

Unfortunately, I was hoping for some actual evidence rather than mumbo-jumbo.

Up until now, I was willing to keep an open mind, but not so open that my brain will fall
out. Good luck with these beliefs and experiments.

Arekkusu
Hexaglot
Canada
bit.ly/qc_10_lec
Joined 5194 days ago

3971 posts - 7747 votes 

Message 21 of 200
07 April 2011 at 4:23pm | IP Logged 
Abazid wrote:
Look I'm not here to prove myself to anyone , I've already set my mind upon doing this experiment and I've decided that I should share it , Not to gain anybody's approval, So if you think it's bunk and a waste of time and you have a rigid belief related to it that's up to you ,You could simply move on

This is starting to sound an awful lot like Keith's 2,000-hour TV method.

I think the problem is that you are not doing this experiment to see if it works: you've already decided that it must work. You don't want to face reality and do the hard work needed to learn a language, so instead, you turn to magic and make belief. If we are closed-minded for thinking this is nonsense, then you are oblivious to common sense and reason.

If you can demonstrate that these esoteric methods can award you more success than the rest of us have been getting through regular methods and plain common sense, you will be a model for all of us wishing to learn languages better and more efficiently. If you win, we all win.

However, if you fail -- and I think most of us have made it pretty clear that you will -- you must admit that in an effort to ignore reality, you have deluded yourself into blindedly placing your faith in methods money-seekers have hailed as miraculous.

Our eyes are wide open -- prove us wrong.
3 persons have voted this message useful

tmp011007
Diglot
Congo
Joined 5882 days ago

199 posts - 346 votes 
Speaks: Spanish*, English
Studies: French, Portuguese

Message 22 of 200
07 April 2011 at 5:28pm | IP Logged 
Arekkusu wrote:
[QUOTE=Abazid] You don't want to face REALITY and do the hard work needed to learn a language, so instead, you turn to magic and make belief..

reality is negotiable
2 persons have voted this message useful

Arekkusu
Hexaglot
Canada
bit.ly/qc_10_lec
Joined 5194 days ago

3971 posts - 7747 votes 

Message 23 of 200
07 April 2011 at 5:36pm | IP Logged 
tmp011007 wrote:
Arekkusu wrote:
[QUOTE=Abazid] You don't want to face REALITY and do the hard work needed to learn a language, so instead, you turn to magic and make belief..

reality is negotiable

Not in this case.

Feel free to remove "face reality and" from my statement if it makes you feel better.

tmp011007
Diglot
Congo
Joined 5882 days ago

199 posts - 346 votes 
Speaks: Spanish*, English
Studies: French, Portuguese

Message 24 of 200
07 April 2011 at 5:54pm | IP Logged 
not in this case??? ok, I'm going to remove that..

"You don't want to do the hard work needed to learn a language..."

nah, it doesn't make me feel better.. somehow that reminds me of class study vs self-study instead of class study and self-study.. I'm gonna remove "hard work" too (hard-work versus productivity/hard-work and productivity.. ???)

This discussion contains 200 messages over 25 pages: << Prev 1 24 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version