264 messages over 33 pages: << Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 ... 32 33 Next >>
Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6385 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds
Speaks: Russian*, English, FinnishC1, Latin, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese
Studies: Danish, Romanian, Polish, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Croatian, Slovenian, Catalan, Czech, Galician, Dutch, Swedish

Message 81 of 264
07 February 2013 at 1:06am | IP Logged 
thought i'd set some february super challenge goals...
Belarusian: 15 movies, 7 books (currently 6 movies, 150 pages)
Polish: 20 books (currently 19) - not impressive but i just wanna hit 20.
German: 33 movies (currently 28), finish my first book in German where I actually read every single page (kuolleet omenapuut of course). hopefully reach 10 books total (currently 6), but that's not a very high priority.
Italian: currently 13 books. heart says 20, brain says it's too much.
Portuguese: 20 books (currently 13+)
Croatian: maybe 15 books? currently 1.5 oops

in general I'd love to break out of the "2 books per week to complete the challenge" stat that you'll get if you've done absolutely nothing.

edit: hmmm... I'm currently at page 50 or so in four books: two in Italian, one in German (omenapuut) and one in Belarusian. I started the German one in August. The Italian ones around 10 days ago (and I'm currently in Finland so it's not been max effort. I started the Belarusian one on Friday.
but German IS getting somewhat easier to read, yay.

now, what I really wanna read... most of it is in Italian.
-Palahniuk "Soffocare"; Lezioni semiserie - already reading
-Calcio: history (huge book, 600+)
-Fiorentina's history (after the previous one, when I understand the context better)
-rereading LOTR in Croatian
-a small book from the "Krimi für Kids"-series, for German kids learning English. a parallel text.
-Narrenturm by Sapkowski as soon as I get the books
-??? the biggest problem is that the Belarusian stuff isn't anywhere near as appealing....

I need a longer term plan and I need to set some goals for the beginning of the next Tadoku. at least hit 10 everywhere lol.

Edited by Serpent on 07 February 2013 at 2:13am

1 person has voted this message useful

kujichagulia
Japan
Joined 4635 days ago

1031 posts - 1571 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Japanese, Portuguese

Message 82 of 264
07 February 2013 at 2:35am | IP Logged 
Serpent wrote:
Got some stuff from the site with the gorgeous name ibs.it! lol oops none of this was in Italian originally.

Jesus, girl, that's some serious change you are spending! Most of us only wish we were that loaded with cash!

Good luck with your challenges!

Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6385 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds
Speaks: Russian*, English, FinnishC1, Latin, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese
Studies: Danish, Romanian, Polish, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Croatian, Slovenian, Catalan, Czech, Galician, Dutch, Swedish

Message 83 of 264
07 February 2013 at 9:55am | IP Logged 
oh I'm not that loaded with cash either... but my mum really wants to go to Italy and I keep on saying that then it's absolutely necessary to buy books in Italian :P

Nuuskamuikkunen
Triglot
Finland
Joined 4104 days ago

21 posts - 43 votes
Speaks: Finnish*, Polish, English

Message 84 of 264
07 February 2013 at 10:34am | IP Logged 
Just to say this is a wonderful log. Good luck especially with your Florentine and your Polish!

And please greet my Finland, I wish I were there now ;-)
2 persons have voted this message useful

Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6385 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds

Message 85 of 264
08 February 2013 at 12:15am | IP Logged 
Kiitti:)
Melkein arvasin aiemminkin, mutta kuulosti vähän siltä, että oisit opiskellut venäjää 10-vuotiaana, joten luulin, ettei se olisikaan sinä.

Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6385 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds

Message 86 of 264
08 February 2013 at 12:19am | IP Logged 
kujichagulia wrote:
Serpent wrote:
Got some stuff from the site with the gorgeous name ibs.it! lol oops none of this was in Italian originally.

Jesus, girl, that's some serious change you are spending! Most of us only wish we were that loaded with cash!

Good luck with your challenges!
oh and btw, these are my stats since may 2012! someone said the super challenge thing is too expensive and i decided to count...i think for one language at a time it's perfectly fine. i AM spending a bit more than expected but i'm not sure i'm going to read this all within the super challenge!

kujichagulia
Japan
Joined 4635 days ago

1031 posts - 1571 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Japanese, Portuguese

Message 87 of 264
08 February 2013 at 3:06am | IP Logged 
Serpent wrote:
oh and btw, these are my stats since may 2012! someone said the super challenge thing is too expensive and i decided to count...i think for one language at a time it's perfectly fine. i AM spending a bit more than expected but i'm not sure i'm going to read this all within the super challenge!

Ah, okay. I thought you were buying all of those books at once. I was shocked!

Nuuskamuikkunen
Triglot
Finland
Joined 4104 days ago

21 posts - 43 votes
Speaks: Finnish*, Polish, English

Message 88 of 264
08 February 2013 at 10:14am | IP Logged 
Serpent wrote:
mutta kuulosti vähän siltä, että oisit opiskellut venäjää 10-vuotiaana, joten luulin, ettei se olisikaan sinä.

Hehe!

Venäjää opin aikuisena, mutta käytin venäläisille koululapsille tarkoitettua oppikirjaa, oppiakseni oikean venäläisen kaunokirjoituksen.

Harmi, etten enää osaa venäjää, mutta uskon, että joskus vielä aloitan sen uudestaan.

This discussion contains 264 messages over 33 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version