Serpent’s cyclic log: César, Sleipnir,adv

Language Learning Forum : Language Learning Log Post Reply
264 messages over 33 pages: << Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 32 33 Next >>
1e4e6
Octoglot
United Kingdom
Joined 4072 days ago

1013 posts - 1588 votes 
Speaks: English*, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Norwegian, Dutch, Swedish, Italian
Studies: German, Danish, Russian, Catalan

Message 249 of 264
01 June 2015 at 12:13am | IP Logged 
Ya me consta de que te gusta el fútbol, y no sé si te lo había contado o no, pero hay
el canal de Youtube Fútbol para todos que da
transmisiones en vivo de los partidos de la 1a y la 2a división del fútbol argentino.
100% legal y gratis y financiado por parte del gobierno nacional argentino.

De hecho se están disputando tres partidas en este momento:

Atl. Paraná - Independiente
San Martín - Defensa y
Justicia

Aldosivi - Racing

Importante partido:

River - Rosario Central

¡Qué lo disfrutes!
1 person has voted this message useful

Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6379 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds
Speaks: Russian*, English, FinnishC1, Latin, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese
Studies: Danish, Romanian, Polish, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Croatian, Slovenian, Catalan, Czech, Galician, Dutch, Swedish

Message 250 of 264
01 June 2015 at 12:50am | IP Logged 
De hecho, estoy a ver el River-Rosario ahora, pues me ha gustado siempre Pablo Aimar, no lo ví desde que salió de Benfica.
Tu link no funciona para mí pero tengo un otro ;))) Gracias mismo así!

numerodix
Trilingual Hexaglot
Netherlands
Joined 6565 days ago

856 posts - 1226 votes 
Speaks: EnglishC2*, Norwegian*, Polish*, Italian, Dutch, French
Studies: Portuguese, Mandarin

Message 251 of 264
14 June 2015 at 8:46pm | IP Logged 
I enjoyed your recording about Benfica. I was actually in Lisboa when they won the final
match, but not paying much attention to it. I've been meaning to record something myself to
get some feedback and this might just have pushed me over the line. :)
2 persons have voted this message useful

Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6379 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds
Speaks: Russian*, English, FinnishC1, Latin, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese
Studies: Danish, Romanian, Polish, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Croatian, Slovenian, Catalan, Czech, Galician, Dutch, Swedish

Message 252 of 264
14 June 2015 at 9:02pm | IP Logged 
Awww, that makes me happy :) And wow how was it?

From the German team thread:

Serpent wrote:
Ccaesar wrote:
Hmm how about making a challenge about a weekly goal? That way we can keep the goals
smaller, thus making it more achieveable and also it would allow you to change your goal
if you find that what you started is too hard.

I.e.
This week I am going to try to understand the grammar behind.....
Or this week I want to learn vocab and expressions related to....
Or I want to try and listen to a podcat/watch a German film every day.

My task for this week is to catch up with the MOOC about Karl der Große which started on May 18.

I only caught up with one unit so my goal for this week is the same. I've already done one more unit, two more over the weekend :)))
Next week I'll read a little German every day. I'm setting the minimal at 3 pages as I'm also doing Tadoku in other languages.

(speaking of which, Tadoku is a great indication of progress. two years ago I signed up for what I called a masochistic Tadoku with German as my strongest language, and also Swedish and Dutch which I practically didn't read. Now I've caught myself signing up with the same German+Swedish combination and getting carried away with German reading. In August I'll do Tadoku with Swedish and Belarusian, and probably something else)

(hope the bold text isn't difficult to read...)

Edited by Serpent on 14 June 2015 at 9:06pm

numerodix
Trilingual Hexaglot
Netherlands
Joined 6565 days ago

856 posts - 1226 votes 
Speaks: EnglishC2*, Norwegian*, Polish*, Italian, Dutch, French
Studies: Portuguese, Mandarin

Message 253 of 264
14 June 2015 at 9:35pm | IP Logged 
Serpent wrote:
Awww, that makes me happy :) And wow how was it?

My first time in Portugal. 2 weeks to visit Lisbon, Porto and Algarve. It was fabulous. :)

Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6379 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds

Message 254 of 264
17 June 2015 at 4:37am | IP Logged 
Serpent wrote:
I also recently heard of the movie "Thunderpants" with Rupert Grint, which seems somewhat embarrassing but funny. I struggled to find a dub in Spanish or another major language but found a Dutch one.

Of course that was too good to be true. The file had a Dutch name but no dubs or subs. But I did enjoy the movie.

Another funny thing is that the day I decided to watch this, I set FuzzyTime to Dutch in order to warm up a bit. I've kept it ever since :)

nothing new about Indonesian or Karelian btw :( Or well, I found some Karelian news at vk but only glanced briefly :/

Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6379 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds

Message 255 of 264
07 July 2015 at 7:34am | IP Logged 
Forever wondering how much credit Verjnuarmu really has for the non-standard part of my Finnish. When you can understand that, normal puhekieli is like candy :P

Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6379 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds

Message 256 of 264
12 July 2015 at 5:26am | IP Logged 
The football world is weird right now. There are so few matches that I've lost all my SC streaks (I did watch 20 min of Italian LOTR that I didn't report though).

But there's still stuff happening. One of my two favourite footballers ended up in the ER on Tuesday. The other one might get me to learn Arabic or Turkish soon.

I'm very proud of having written that summary though. I didn't even think about using google translate, and I didn't need to ask Clare for anything but support either ;) And I've done only 200 SC pages and 86 "movies" (football and Budva), also read some LOTR and one [actual] Serbian book for the previous SC. But this moment does matter more than all those stars and whatnot :)

Although I remember feeling similarly in July 2013. I guess 20 months are just too long for me. I've allowed myself a break from reading after the June Tadoku ended, and now I'm struggling to pick it back up and wondering what I should aim for with my reading etc.

And already thinking of the next SC, haha. I've mentioned that I'm not going to do as many languages, probably just Italian/Croatian/Swedish.

Edited by Serpent on 12 July 2015 at 5:30am

This discussion contains 264 messages over 33 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version