Language Learning Forum : Language Learning Log Post Reply
199 messages over 25 pages: << Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 ... 24 25 Next >>
zecchino1991
United States
facebook.com/amyybur
Joined 5052 days ago

778 posts - 885 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Italian, Modern Hebrew, Russian, Arabic (Written), Romanian, Icelandic, Georgian

Message 89 of 199
25 December 2012 at 9:54pm | IP Logged 
Nice to meet you too! :D
1 person has voted this message useful

Solfrid Cristin
Heptaglot
Winner TAC 2011 & 2012
Norway
Joined 5128 days ago

4143 posts - 8864 votes 
Speaks: Norwegian*, Spanish, Swedish, French, English, German, Italian
Studies: Russian

Message 90 of 199
25 December 2012 at 11:06pm | IP Logged 
zecchino1991 wrote:
Сегодня я узнала, что бабушка моей мамы родилась в России, в городе Оренбурге. Потом, она жила
в городе Грозном, в Чечне, а потом в городе Минеральных Водах, недалеко от Пятигорска. Она
переехала в Америка из Одессы в 1914 доду. Она говорла на многих языках, потому что она жила в
многих местах. Она говорила по-русски, конечно, по-немецки (её родители были немцы), по-
цыгански (долгая история!), по-английски, на идиш (она работала с многими евреями), по-украински,
я предполагаю, а кроме того, не знаю (может быть по-чеченски?). Это очень интересно! Я хочу
поехать в России с мамой потому, что она хочет видеть городы где жила своя бабушка. Я хочу также
поехать в Москву, в Петербург, и в Грузию, потому что я изучаю грузинский язык. Я хочу видеть
Кавказ потому, что я знаю, что это очень красиво.

What a great story! I think I understood everything you wrote, and I envy you having a Russian born great grandmother, and with such a wide variety of languages too! I bet she had a very exciting life, and I look forward to hearing the "long story" if you are prepared to tell it!

zecchino1991
United States
facebook.com/amyybur
Joined 5052 days ago

778 posts - 885 votes 
Studies: Italian, Modern Hebrew, Russian, Arabic (Written), Romanian, Icelandic, Georgian

Message 91 of 199
25 December 2012 at 11:33pm | IP Logged 
Yeah, I was very glad to learn of all this! I knew she lived in Russia, but I never knew where exactly.

Anyway, about the long story, it's not really long, it's just that I didn't know how to explain it in Russian! What
happened was some Gypsies left a little boy at her family's house, I guess because he was sick and they
couldn't care for him, and she learned to speak his language. Eventually I think they came and took him back,
but from what I understand he lived with them for a long time.

I wish I could find out more about her, because her life does seem very interesting! But so far this is all the
information I have. I'm very glad I have it, too, because I've been trying to get it for about a year! :)
2 persons have voted this message useful

tarvos
Super Polyglot
Winner TAC 2012
China
likeapolyglot.wordpr
Joined 4501 days ago

5310 posts - 9399 votes 
Speaks: Dutch*, English, Swedish, French, Russian, German, Italian, Norwegian, Mandarin, Romanian, Afrikaans
Studies: Greek, Modern Hebrew, Spanish, Portuguese, Czech, Korean, Esperanto, Finnish

Message 92 of 199
01 January 2013 at 3:00pm | IP Logged 
Успехов в новом году!
2 persons have voted this message useful

zecchino1991
United States
facebook.com/amyybur
Joined 5052 days ago

778 posts - 885 votes 

Message 93 of 199
01 January 2013 at 4:17pm | IP Logged 
Spasibo! Happy new year to you and to everyone!

Well, my dad just accidentally locked me outside where it's a toasty 32 degrees F (i.e.
freezing), and that put me in the Russian mood! So now I'm going to go say hi to all my
teammates on their logs, and then start studying! I will also write something here very
soon, I just need to get some coffee first! (It's 7AM, I'm crazy).
:)

LanguageSponge
Triglot
United Kingdom
Joined 5560 days ago

1197 posts - 1487 votes 
Speaks: English*, German, French
Studies: Welsh, Russian, Japanese, Slovenian, Greek, Italian

Message 94 of 199
01 January 2013 at 6:38pm | IP Logged 
Hey! Lots of luck with Russian this year. It seems as though Russian is a really popular choice this year so perhaps if the two Russian teams are not to be merged, then we should all have semi-regular communication through Skype :) Good luck this year!

Jack

Expugnator
Hexaglot
Brazil
Joined 4960 days ago

3335 posts - 4349 votes 
Speaks: Portuguese*, Norwegian, French, English, Italian, Papiamento
Studies: Mandarin, Georgian, Russian

Message 95 of 199
02 January 2013 at 1:07am | IP Logged 
Привет zecchino! I'm glad we're at the same team now, with two languages in common! (Even
though my Russian is a joke compared to yours, and there is a huge aspect of obligation
in me learning it). I do hope you manage to keep time for all your languages, never
neglect Georgian =D and achieve your goals for Russian as well!

zecchino1991
United States
facebook.com/amyybur
Joined 5052 days ago

778 posts - 885 votes 

Message 96 of 199
02 January 2013 at 1:30am | IP Logged 
Neglect Georgian?! I would never dream of doing that. ;)
And there is an aspect of obligation in me learning as well. As you said, many Georgian textbooks are in
Russian. For example, when I use that book Грузинский язык с мамой, I find myself using the Georgian to
learn the Russian! So I don't think my Russian is that much better than yours, if at all! But thank you, and I
wish you
luck as well! :)

Edited by zecchino1991 on 02 January 2013 at 1:32am

This discussion contains 199 messages over 25 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version