199 messages over 25 pages: 13 4 5 6 7 ... 2 ... 24 25 Next >>
Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6391 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds
Speaks: Russian*, English, FinnishC1, Latin, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese
Studies: Danish, Romanian, Polish, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Croatian, Slovenian, Catalan, Czech, Galician, Dutch, Swedish

Message 9 of 199
07 January 2012 at 10:05pm | IP Logged 
Oh wow so impressive!!! I love что где когда, but even native speakers find it hard!
They replied that it's for getting ice off the windscreen, since the guy is from Magadan. The host reasoned that then it would be needed not only when he goes fishing etc.

is book2 only for Russian? seems good!
2 persons have voted this message useful

zecchino1991
United States
facebook.com/amyybur
Joined 5052 days ago

778 posts - 885 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Italian, Modern Hebrew, Russian, Arabic (Written), Romanian, Icelandic, Georgian

Message 10 of 199
07 January 2012 at 10:14pm | IP Logged 
Ah thanks for explaining! Yeah, I know there are easier things I could watch but it seems interesting. And
book2 is for pretty much any language you could ever want! :)
2 persons have voted this message useful

Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6391 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds
Speaks: Russian*, English, FinnishC1, Latin, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese
Studies: Danish, Romanian, Polish, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Croatian, Slovenian, Catalan, Czech, Galician, Dutch, Swedish

Message 11 of 199
08 January 2012 at 12:54am | IP Logged 
checked it out, looks great:) i love that only the basic lessons are fully free, and in the others you have to either pay or listen to the corresponding audio in another language :)
1 person has voted this message useful

zecchino1991
United States
facebook.com/amyybur
Joined 5052 days ago

778 posts - 885 votes 
Studies: Italian, Modern Hebrew, Russian, Arabic (Written), Romanian, Icelandic, Georgian

Message 12 of 199
08 January 2012 at 1:10am | IP Logged 
Really??! It used to be completely free. Maybe you can still download it for free. I have
like five whole ones on my iPod.

Edit: I checked, you can still download the whole thing free, but you can't read all the
chapters. You just get the audio. Which is fine because it is translated to English
anyway.

Edited by zecchino1991 on 08 January 2012 at 2:28am

zecchino1991
United States
facebook.com/amyybur
Joined 5052 days ago

778 posts - 885 votes 

Message 13 of 199
09 January 2012 at 7:02am | IP Logged 
Today I went over chapter 5 in TY Russian again. I read it a couple days ago but I had
already forgotten the details of it. So I now know the genitive singular, and also the
masculine animate accusative. I was very excited when I found out that was in this
chapter because my teacher/textbook refused to teach us it (since they wanted to wait
till we knew the genitive first). So I thought it must be really complicated or
something, since they were so intent on hiding it from us. Turns out it's easy though!
Pretty anticlimactic. Oh well, I guess I shouldn't complain that things are easy. ;)

Some words I learned (just to cement them in my mind): дайте, сто, пьеса, улица, от,
сегодня, завтра, молоко, масло.

So I guess that's all for today. Time for some Kartuli ena. :)

Update: Oh yeah! I forgot about the Latin portion of this challenge. I translated an
Italian song to English (in my head). I actually knew most of the words already without
looking them up! I did learn two though: stuzzicante and spento (spent as in run out,
in Italian more like turned off or just off, as in a fire). So that's helpful, I will
do that for more songs. Especially Romanian ones!

Edited by zecchino1991 on 09 January 2012 at 7:14am

Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6391 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds

Message 14 of 199
09 January 2012 at 7:59am | IP Logged 
zecchino1991 wrote:
Really??! It used to be completely free. Maybe you can still download it for free. I have
like five whole ones on my iPod.

Edit: I checked, you can still download the whole thing free, but you can't read all the
chapters. You just get the audio. Which is fine because it is translated to English
anyway.
idk maybe you just need to register and it's free. but i did them online and i had to check some of the translations in the Finnish audio:D

zecchino1991
United States
facebook.com/amyybur
Joined 5052 days ago

778 posts - 885 votes 

Message 15 of 199
09 January 2012 at 8:42am | IP Logged 
You mean you can't even download them for free? Because I clicked on a random language
and tried to download the whole thing and it worked.

Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6391 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds

Message 16 of 199
10 January 2012 at 9:30pm | IP Logged 
oh i think i can, because i can listen to them all online, that's not a problem. i just can't see many translations and even more original sentences.

This discussion contains 199 messages over 25 pages: << Prev 13 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version