565 messages over 71 pages: << Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 8 ... 70 71 Next >>
Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6385 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds
Speaks: Russian*, English, FinnishC1, Latin, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese
Studies: Danish, Romanian, Polish, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Croatian, Slovenian, Catalan, Czech, Galician, Dutch, Swedish

Message 57 of 565
05 May 2012 at 3:38am | IP Logged 
~~~~~~~
00 days - Serpent, Polish, shadowing, 5 mins
03 days - Serpent, Polish, tongue twisters, 5 mins
01 days - Kerrie, one French Assimil lesson
03 days - Kerrie, one Croatian Assimil lesson
03 days - Kerrie, one German Assimil lesson
01 days - Mick, Read and translated Italian for 20 minutes
01 days - Mick, Polish vocabulary and grammar points for 15 minutes
03 days - espejismo, Spanish, read one chapter of HP
~~~~~~~
Congrats!!!!
How many days shall I add to your completed goals? Doesn't have to be consecutive only, 5+10+7 also works :)
1 person has voted this message useful

Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6385 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds
Speaks: Russian*, English, FinnishC1, Latin, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese
Studies: Danish, Romanian, Polish, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Croatian, Slovenian, Catalan, Czech, Galician, Dutch, Swedish

Message 58 of 565
19 July 2012 at 7:12pm | IP Logged 
Let's revive this! Eh, starting the list from scratch? If you've been doing something consistently you can start from any number of days :)
Also, from now on anyone is welcome, no matter what languages you study :) The older rule still works though, no more than two new goals at a time, five days before you can add two more:) (If you add just one you can add a second one any time)

~~~~~~~
01 days - Serpent, Spanish, one episode of Destinos

~~~~~~~

(watched two today actually :) remember to quote the latest post and erase everything apart from the list!)

Kerrie
United States
justpaste.it/Kerrie2
Joined 5183 days ago

1232 posts - 1740 votes 
Speaks: English*
Studies: Spanish

Message 59 of 565
19 July 2012 at 8:03pm | IP Logged 
~~~~~~~
01 days - Kerrie, French, one Assimil Using French lesson (25)

~~~~~~~

(for my Thursday)

So, if only start with one goal for today, I can add another tomorrow, right?

Also, can I have a "do Spanish" and count either an Assimil lesson or 10 pages of reading? The lessons are too much for me to do one every day. Not hard, just a lot of information. I think Spanish has more idioms than anyone else does, and the Assimil book covers every single one. :-)

Edited by Kerrie on 19 July 2012 at 8:05pm

Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6385 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds

Message 60 of 565
19 July 2012 at 8:27pm | IP Logged 
Sure, that's fine and a great idea! Think I'll do this with Portuguese :) just be specific in your description :) You can also do "30 mins for the super challenge" and read/write/listen :)
What's 25? Have you been doing them for 25 days? THen just write 25 - not your fault that the thread kinda died :D
also tell me what to add to your completed goals <333

Edited by Serpent on 19 July 2012 at 8:37pm

Luna Moonsilver
Diglot
Groupie
Germany
lunaslanglog.wordpreRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 4866 days ago

77 posts - 99 votes 
Speaks: English*, German
Studies: Russian, Mandarin, Korean

Message 61 of 565
19 July 2012 at 8:40pm | IP Logged 
~~~~~~~
01 days - Luna, German, one episode of Avatar: Der Herr der Elemente

~~~~~~~

Ohhhh, I hope I do better with this than I do with the consistency thread on WriYe D:

Kerrie
United States
justpaste.it/Kerrie2
Joined 5183 days ago

1232 posts - 1740 votes 

Message 62 of 565
19 July 2012 at 8:52pm | IP Logged 
Serpent wrote:
Sure, that's fine and a great idea! Think I'll do this with Portuguese :) just be specific in your description :) You can also do "30 mins for the super challenge" and read/write/listen :)
What's 25? Have you been doing them for 25 days? THen just write 25 - not your fault that the thread kinda died :D

I like the "30 mins" for the super challenge idea, too. I cannot wait until I am done with the French Assimil book and I have (my) permission to start reading and watching stuff again.

The 25 is the lesson number I did. I figure it will help me keep track, since I don't write everything down on my colorful little calendar anymore. My routine consists of Assimil (French, plus usually 2 from Italian, Spanish, and German), and then usually a Spanish movie at night. And a little Spanish reading here and there. It's all pretty much kept track of with the Super Challenge at the moment, and I stopped counting time months ago.

I kind of feel like an idiot because I'm at a beginner stage at most of my languages (except Spanish and French). And I do sometimes sit down and watch movies in languages other than Spanish and French, but it doesn't do me a lot of good, because I'm not at a stage it will do anything. Spanish I can watch and get a lot out of it, more if I have subs (in Spanish!) or if it's something familiar (Stargate, kids movies, Harry Potter, etc).   But with French, I still have a really hard time understanding enough to make sense of it, even though I can read it pretty well. I feel like if I can get through a few audiobooks and a bunch of reading, watching movies will be a lot more efficient.

So that is my my main focus is squarely on finishing Assimil for French and Italian. German, too, but it takes a lot more for me to digest that. The Romance languages are easy enough for me. (In fact, I can't wait til my Assimil Portuguese book gets here. LOL) Once I get through Assimil, I will let myself do the more fun stuff. =)

Welcome about Luna Moonsilver!

Serpent
Octoglot
Russian Federation
serpent-849.livejour
Joined 6385 days ago

9753 posts - 15779 votes 
4 sounds

Message 63 of 565
19 July 2012 at 9:12pm | IP Logged 
~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~
fixed the formatting :) please click quote and erase everything apart from the list :)))
Good luck!!! I don't participate in WriYe myself but I liked the idea <333 What sort of stuff do you write? I know of wriye because I write fanfiction;)

Kerrie, what should I add to your completed goals on the first page? <333

Edited by Serpent on 19 July 2012 at 9:18pm

Kerrie
United States
justpaste.it/Kerrie2
Joined 5183 days ago

1232 posts - 1740 votes 

Message 64 of 565
19 July 2012 at 9:32pm | IP Logged 
~~~~~~~
01 days - Kerrie, French, one Assimil Using French lesson 25
~~~~~~~
Serpent wrote:

Kerrie, what should I add to your completed goals on the first page? <333

I don't know - I finished Assimil's French with Ease and Spanish with Ease, but I didn't keep track of days in a row.

This discussion contains 565 messages over 71 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 79 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version