Triglot
United Kingdom
Joined 5565 days ago

1197 posts - 1487 votes 
Speaks: English*, German, French
Studies: Welsh, Russian, Japanese, Slovenian, Greek, Italian

Message 145 of 586
15 December 2012 at 11:33am | IP Logged 
I'll give some thought to a team picture but I am afraid I won't be able to help much with
the song. Can anyone think of any Russian space-themed songs? Would something as obvious
as a picture of the Mir Space Station be any good?

LanguageSponge
1 person has voted this message useful

Emme
Triglot
Italy
Joined 5146 days ago

980 posts - 1594 votes 
Speaks: Italian*, English, German
Studies: Russian, Swedish, French

Message 146 of 586
15 December 2012 at 12:05pm | IP Logged 
I too support Cristina for team leader.

Regarding Assimil:

Could Cristina or someone else who can navigate a website in Italian please confirm that the Assimil you are talking about (post 136 and following) is the one you can see in the demo on the Italian Assimil website?

I’m almost certain that both Expugnator and I are using the 70-lesson Il nuovo russo senza sforzo, Italian edition of Le Nouveau Russe sans peine by Vladimir Dronov, Vladimir Matchabelli and Françoise Gallais for the Assimil experiment. The copyright on the CDs (and so presumably the year of publication of the first edition in French) is 1998.
The first lesson starts with:

Добрый день!
Добрый день!
Как дела?
Хорошо!
Бы куда?

(Forgive me for the likely spelling mistakes, but it’s the first time I try to post something in Russian).

Personally I have access to three editions of Assimil (either I own them or I can borrow them from the library) but unfortunately not to the most recent one by Victoria Melnikova-Suchet (and I don’t think it very likely I’ll go out and buy that too), and I suspect this is exactly the one most of the other team members own.

Edited by Emme on 15 December 2012 at 12:30pm

Brun Ugle
Diglot
Norway
brunugle.wordpress.c
Joined 6419 days ago

1292 posts - 1766 votes 
Speaks: English*, NorwegianC1
Studies: Japanese, Esperanto, Spanish, Finnish

Message 147 of 586
15 December 2012 at 12:39pm | IP Logged 
Solfrid Cristin wrote:

Last year we had a team motto, and I see that one of the other teams have a team song and picture on their first page.

Copycats! :P

Solfrid Cristin wrote:

(And then of course team T-shirts will be the next thing:-)

... and mugs, mouse pads, caps, bumper stickers, key rings....

Solfrid Cristin
Heptaglot
Winner TAC 2011 & 2012
Norway
Joined 5133 days ago

4143 posts - 8864 votes 
Speaks: Norwegian*, Spanish, Swedish, French, English, German, Italian
Studies: Russian

Message 148 of 586
15 December 2012 at 12:41pm | IP Logged 
Brun Ugle wrote:
Solfrid Cristin wrote:

Last year we had a team motto, and I see that one of the other teams have a team song and picture on their first page.

Copycats! :P

Solfrid Cristin wrote:

(And then of course team T-shirts will be the next thing:-)

... and mugs, mouse pads, caps, bumper stickers, key rings....

Most of people's success comes from recognizing a good idea when they see one - we are team MIR - we conquer, we improvise, we adapt :-)

Solfrid Cristin
Heptaglot
Winner TAC 2011 & 2012
Norway
Joined 5133 days ago

4143 posts - 8864 votes 
Speaks: Norwegian*, Spanish, Swedish, French, English, German, Italian
Studies: Russian

Message 149 of 586
15 December 2012 at 3:52pm | IP Logged 
I have gone through the thread (all 19 pages of it!) , and have found the introductions from LanguageSponge, Luna Moonsilver, Expugnator, Tarvos, Fabricio, Emme, m. Medialisx, Josqui, teango and myself. This means we still miss a lot of introductions guys - go for it!

I have also - now that I am back home - added those logs I found reference to in the thread (tarvos, Josquin and teango). If there is any introductions or logs I have overlooked then let me know, and please post a reference here in this thread to all your logs as you start them.

Don't forget to present yourselves here though!

Woodsei
Bilingual Diglot
Winner TAC 2012
United States
justpaste.it/Woodsei
Joined 4596 days ago

614 posts - 782 votes 
Speaks: English*, Arabic (Egyptian)*
Studies: Russian, Japanese, Hungarian

Message 150 of 586
15 December 2012 at 8:16pm | IP Logged 
Hey all! I'm May, 29, graduate student, and I love learning languages. I'm focusing on
Japanese and Russian mostly this year, and also Hungarian, though not as actively.
Depending on how things turn out, I may add Korean, Mandarin, or Spanish, but that'll
be later, and again, depending on the circumstances.

I made considerable progress in Japanese this year, and it's my first year of self
study, as well as with Japanese, so I'm happy, but I still got a ways to go for total
awesomeness :) Russian has been progressing slowly, but not as profoundly, and I'm a
far cry from my resolution back in January, but it's mostly my fault because of the
baby steps I've been taking with it. I want to get awesome at Russian this year, in all
seriousness, and I intend to work at it. After my experience with Japanese, I realized
that it's possible to do just that. So 2013 is the year to make both languages mine! As
for Hungarian, I don't know. I love the language, but with a full plate, I hope to at
least get it to a stage where I can enjoy mostly understanding spoken and written
speech. After that, active output, of course, but I don't know how realistic that is
for this year. It's a challenge, and I'm excited to see the results!

I'm still on the fence about whether to use my old log or start a new one. I mentioned
on the Japanese Team Sakura thread that I will use my existing one, but now I'm having
second thoughts. In the meantime, here's a link to my log, and if I do create a new
one, I'll link to it and inform the team.

http://how-to-learn-any-language.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?T ID=30623&PN=1

In support of a team leader, naturally the most obvious choice is Christina :) She
brings us together like no one else. Voted!

fabriciocarraro
Hexaglot
Winner TAC 2012
Brazil
russoparabrasileirosRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 4514 days ago

989 posts - 1454 votes 
Speaks: Portuguese*, EnglishB2, Italian, Spanish, Russian, French
Studies: Dutch, German, Japanese

Message 151 of 586
15 December 2012 at 8:33pm | IP Logged 
Vote for Pedro! I mean, Cristina! (I hope you guys get the reference).

Teango
Triglot
Winner TAC 2010 & 2012
United States
teango.wordpress.comRegistered users can see my Skype Name
Joined 5355 days ago

2210 posts - 3734 votes 
Speaks: English*, German, Russian
Studies: Hawaiian, French, Toki Pona

Message 152 of 586
15 December 2012 at 10:29pm | IP Logged 
Cristina for Space Station Commander - seconded (and thirded, if the verb existed and I were Zaphod Beeblebrox)! :)

This discussion contains 586 messages over 74 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version