Heptaglot
Brazil
Joined 5676 days ago

635 posts - 816 votes 
Speaks: Portuguese*, Esperanto, French, EnglishC2, Spanish, German, Italian
Studies: Catalan, Mandarin

Message 113 of 128
14 November 2013 at 2:48am | IP Logged 
Now it seems that I've learned at least all the basic informations about directions and places. Let's see. Anyway, I enjoy images and here it goes:

2 persons have voted this message useful

Flarioca
Heptaglot
Brazil
Joined 5676 days ago

635 posts - 816 votes 

Message 114 of 128
19 November 2013 at 10:24pm | IP Logged 
During the last weeks I haven't been studying as much as before, due to having less available time, but this is likely to improve very soon.

In any case, I've decided to simplify the process of adding information to my ready to use Anki deck. I'll not use images anymore, just keywords. Indeed, after a while, it seems that this is all you need from the images, the key idea involved on them.

I'm reading "Anna Mei Banfa" and enjoying it more than "Susan You Mafan" for the obvious reason that now I'm able to understand it more than before at this low level, both character and grammarwise.
1 person has voted this message useful

Flarioca
Heptaglot
Brazil
Joined 5676 days ago

635 posts - 816 votes 

Message 115 of 128
23 November 2013 at 10:19pm | IP Logged 
I'm starting to consider the idea to continue with "Boya Chinese" after the end of "Méthode 90".

Although there is still half an year before M90 is over, I have volume I of Boya Elementary and it's clear that M90 will go way beyond it. Maybe M90 will include most of the material from Boya elementary I and II.

That said, my idea is to slowly study those two books, to review things and to get used to this method while completing all lessons from M90.

The reason to use this series is because it goes all the way from elementary to "advanced", which may be close to B2. Of course, extra study would be necessary to really get there, we all know it quite well.

I'd be very happy to read opinions and experiences (good or bad) with or about this books.

On Amazon.com there's one kind of opinion that seems to me very close to ridiculous. People complain that this method works as a kind of propaganda for China and the chinese government. Let me tell you that most methods do the same, more often in a subtle way, but as far as I've seen, even Assimil is very kind towards the people and culture(s) who speak the targeted language.

Edited by Flarioca on 23 November 2013 at 10:21pm

Flarioca
Heptaglot
Brazil
Joined 5676 days ago

635 posts - 816 votes 

Message 116 of 128
27 November 2013 at 2:32am | IP Logged 
I've just seen three 10 minutes episodes from 大耳朵图图 on Youtube. See, for instance this one.

It comes with Chinese subtitles and although this is still far beyond my level, it seems a good idea to get used to normally spoken language. It's also very nice to be able to understand some few dialogs, with a big help from pictures and characters.

This is going to be a very usual activity, not necessarily only this series, of course, because it's possible to do that even when I'm tired or sick (and angry, job related, like today!). One can even just let it on the background while doing something else, try to understand some more dialogs and so on.

Edited by Flarioca on 27 November 2013 at 2:36am

lorinth
Tetraglot
Belgium
Joined 4068 days ago

443 posts - 581 votes 
Speaks: French*, English, Spanish, Latin
Studies: Mandarin, Finnish

Message 117 of 128
27 November 2013 at 10:41am | IP Logged 
Thanks for the link to 大耳朵图图, Flarioca. It seems fun to watch and full of interesting sentences and vocab! If you're interested in Chinese cartoons, you could also try 大头儿子和小头爸爸, 福星八戒 and, of course, 喜羊羊.
3 persons have voted this message useful

Expugnator
Hexaglot
Brazil
Joined 4960 days ago

3335 posts - 4349 votes 
Speaks: Portuguese*, Norwegian, French, English, Italian, Papiamento
Studies: Mandarin, Georgian, Russian

Message 118 of 128
27 November 2013 at 1:34pm | IP Logged 
I'm watching 喜羊羊 everyday, I like it! I can follow the story more or less, of course I
don't understand everything yet. It is easy to understand both the subtitles and the
speech.
2 persons have voted this message useful

Flarioca
Heptaglot
Brazil
Joined 5676 days ago

635 posts - 816 votes 

Message 119 of 128
27 November 2013 at 9:07pm | IP Logged 
Thanks to lorinth and Expugnator for the suggestions and the comments. It seems very obvious for me that listening and reading stuff designed for children must be a good way to start getting in touch with real language.

Of course, there are good and bad stuff. I have an almost 4 years old boy and I've been watching a lot of interesting TV shows (in Portuguese, unfortunately), many from Canada, which my son enjoys a lot, and so do I. Hope to enjoy some of these Chinese ones.

lorinth
Tetraglot
Belgium
Joined 4068 days ago

443 posts - 581 votes 
Speaks: French*, English, Spanish, Latin
Studies: Mandarin, Finnish

Message 120 of 128
27 November 2013 at 10:01pm | IP Logged 
Quote:
I have an almost 4 years old boy and I've been watching a lot of interesting TV
shows...

As I explained in my log, my 5-year old boy loves 喜羊羊, though he does not speak a word
of Chinese. We sometimes watch it together and he wants me to explain what he does not
understand from context. It's both fun and useful as a language learning exercise...
though I confess I have to rely on my imagination because I don't understand everything
myself...

This discussion contains 128 messages over 16 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version