Register  Login  Active Topics  Maps  

TAC ’14: Sokoły / Соколи (Pol./Ukr. Team)

Language Learning Forum : Language Learning Log Post Reply
151 messages over 19 pages: << Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9 ... 18 19 Next >>
prz_
Tetraglot
Poland
last.fm/user/prz_rul
Joined 4654 days ago

890 posts - 1190 votes 
Speaks: Polish*, English, Bulgarian, Croatian
Studies: Slovenian, Macedonian, Persian, Russian, Turkish, Ukrainian, Dutch, Swedish, German, Italian, Armenian, Kurdish

Message 65 of 151
07 January 2014 at 11:21pm | IP Logged 
Guys, If you'd like any help/conversations/whatever, I can help you with pleasure :) Just PM me.
1 person has voted this message useful

Chung
Diglot
Joined 6951 days ago

4228 posts - 8259 votes 
20 sounds
Speaks: English*, French
Studies: Polish, Slovak, Uzbek, Turkish, Korean, Finnish

Message 66 of 151
13 January 2014 at 12:52am | IP Logged 
Uрdаtе fоr Роlіѕh and Ukrаіnіаn

hribecek
Triglot
Czech Republic
Joined 5144 days ago

1243 posts - 1458 votes 
Speaks: English*, Czech, Spanish
Studies: Italian, Polish, Slovak, Hungarian, Toki Pona, Russian

Message 67 of 151
14 January 2014 at 5:24pm | IP Logged 
<a href="http://how-to-learn-any-language.com/forum/forum_posts .asp?TID=37810&PN=5">Here is my new log</a>

I've never done a link before (technologically challenged), so I hope it works.

By the way, any ideas for team challenges we could do?

EDIT: Looks like I still haven't managed a successful link.

Edited by hribecek on 14 January 2014 at 5:27pm

Chung
Diglot
Joined 6951 days ago

4228 posts - 8259 votes 
20 sounds

Message 68 of 151
14 January 2014 at 6:04pm | IP Logged 
I have a couple of ideas that I'd like to try out, but I don't think of them as challenges. Anyway I think they'd work best when everyone is comfortable enough to string together a basic sentence in Polish or Ukrainian even if it means looking things up in a dictionary and grammar book.

Solfrid Cristin
Heptaglot
Winner TAC 2011 & 2012
Norway
Joined 5129 days ago

4143 posts - 8864 votes 
Speaks: Norwegian*, Spanish, Swedish, French, English, German, Italian
Studies: Russian

Message 69 of 151
14 January 2014 at 10:08pm | IP Logged 
Chung wrote:
I have a couple of ideas that I'd like to try out, but I don't think of them as challenges.
Anyway I think they'd work best when everyone is comfortable enough to string together a basic sentence in
Polish or Ukrainian even if it means looking things up in a dictionary and grammar book.

Would that include those being comfortable copying from a grammar book or text book? :-)

hribecek
Triglot
Czech Republic
Joined 5144 days ago

1243 posts - 1458 votes 
Speaks: English*, Czech, Spanish
Studies: Italian, Polish, Slovak, Hungarian, Toki Pona, Russian

Message 70 of 151
14 January 2014 at 10:40pm | IP Logged 
Chung wrote:
I have a couple of ideas that I'd like to try out, but I don't think of them as challenges. Anyway I think they'd work best when everyone is comfortable enough to string together a basic sentence in Polish or Ukrainian even if it means looking things up in a dictionary and grammar book.

I'll be looking forward to your ideas of course as I enjoyed your Northern Saami course.

For now I was thinking of something easy we could all do. For example, an obvious idea like everybody (except observers of course, unless they want to) has to write 10 basic sentences about themselves in Polish or Ukrainian and the native observers can correct them if they're willing. Those with a higher level can steer clear of the obvious introductory sentences and write something more complicated.

So about 10 such sentences by the end of the month?
3 persons have voted this message useful

prz_
Tetraglot
Poland
last.fm/user/prz_rul
Joined 4654 days ago

890 posts - 1190 votes 
Speaks: Polish*, English, Bulgarian, Croatian
Studies: Slovenian, Macedonian, Persian, Russian, Turkish, Ukrainian, Dutch, Swedish, German, Italian, Armenian, Kurdish

Message 71 of 151
14 January 2014 at 10:58pm | IP Logged 
If I'll forget about this thread, please remind me and I'll correct your Polish sentences.

Chung
Diglot
Joined 6951 days ago

4228 posts - 8259 votes 
20 sounds

Message 72 of 151
16 January 2014 at 4:50pm | IP Logged 
Solfrid Cristin wrote:
Would that include those being comfortable copying from a grammar book or text book? :-)

Why not so long as it forms a coherent complement with the others' output? With what I have in mind, it'd be helpful to consult such works, but I doubt that it would be useful to lift sentences or examples wholesale. You'd still need to come up with something to fit the situation

hribecek wrote:
I'll be looking forward to your ideas of course as I enjoyed your Northern Saami course.

For now I was thinking of something easy we could all do. For example, an obvious idea like everybody (except observers of course, unless they want to) has to write 10 basic sentences about themselves in Polish or Ukrainian and the native observers can correct them if they're willing. Those with a higher level can steer clear of the obvious introductory sentences and write something more complicated.

So about 10 such sentences by the end of the month?

Why the hell not? A variation of this idea is based on those Facebook notes from about a few years ago where you had to list 25 things about yourself and then tag 25 other people as a nudge for them to each make such a list about themselves. To make it level with an introduction of 10 sentences, list 10 things about yourself (they can be made up and we would be none the wiser/dumber) using Polish or Ukrainian. Translation to English is optional or maybe there'd be a short a list of vocabulary used in the sentences to allow raw beginners to get the gist of what's meant while also stretching their minds a bit by avoiding the crutch of a translation.

This discussion contains 151 messages over 19 pages: << Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 810 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19  Next >>

Post ReplyPost New Topic Printable version Printable version